What's new

"This Princess Fights Her Own Battles." - Starfire General Discussion

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
I would probably avoid ending your conversions with db3 if your opponent has two bars. One of my friends is already air escaping and full combo punishing that ender, you have a huge window to roll out too

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
What does everyone think of her anti-airs? D2 appears to be straight up bad and B2 seems to be pretty situational.

Of course, a succesful B2 into B3 nets you maybe the highest damage output for an anti air in the game.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
What does everyone think of her anti-airs? D2 appears to be straight up bad and B2 seems to be pretty situational.

Of course, a succesful B2 into B3 nets you maybe the highest damage output for an anti air in the game.
Call me crazy but I actually like her d2 as well. It has a hitbox a a certain moment where it can actually be good at certain ranges. You may not be able to d2 batmans j2 very close, but a a range you could. Also db3 is likely the best anti air in the game. It is godlike lol

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Call me crazy but I actually like her d2 as well. It has a hitbox a a certain moment where it can actually be good at certain ranges. You may not be able to d2 batmans j2 very close, but a a range you could. Also db3 is likely the best anti air in the game. It is godlike lol
Hmmm, did not consider db3. I'll take a look into it. I've noticed the disjointed hitbox on d2 as well, but it seems to only really work when done on a read, not on reaction.

Maybe its just day 1 salt after failing to anti-air Flash and then getting mixed.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I'm going to have to ask you to stop the downplay.

Step out of the car, you're drunk.
Lmfao what are you on? Everything I said about her air dash is 100% true, not even up for debate.

As for the other post, I said she feels mediocre as a whole. Her zoning is good but doesn't compensate for her poor up close game. I also said it was an impression. Definition: an idea, feeling, or opinion about something or someone, especially one formed without conscious thought or on the basis of little evidence.

Just as you can have your impression, I can have mine and it's one shared by many people including Sonic Fox so if you could step down from your pedestal that'd be great. I'm going to keep playing her, I'm going to keep grinding with her and my impression, just like yours and everyone else's is subject to change. That's called levelling up. Chill.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
He did that because she got buffed though & people are paranoid about her changes lol. So they were curious about how to fight against her. Not because she was already strong. And in the patch stream, he along with the rest of the casters all agreed that she needed more safety & she took a lot of risks for the reward that she got. You can even look it up.

Most people who argue this view point of she didn't need any buffs are people who either hate her in general (for casual purposes not competitive) or they just didn't really understand how to deal with her like they all want to think they do, but just typed stuff. Then of course, people like to complain in general instead of learning how to deal. Now the one's who absolutely dislike her "period" are salty, letting their personal agendas for why they don't like her get in the way of actual good balance. Like most people here do anyway. Same way with Aquaman too tbh, & the people who glorify him being nerfed can say what they want to. Sonic Fox, Scar, many others were even vocal of her gaps and no real safety. Not saying you did, just people in general. I'm just replying because you said she didn't need anything, but that just simply isn't true. She was a character that had to rely on gimmicks & hope that players didn't know how to exploit her gaps in between her strings & special cancels that made her safe.

I can't speak for all Supergirl players but me & a select few said to make only 1 string safe which was b123. That one change would've made her better character regardless of damage increase. I thought she was decent in the sense of how her neutral is played. I didn't expect a damage increase, standing 2 mid, or any other changes except for b123 being safe (before you assume like everyone else likes to do to Supergirl mains).

But back to Starfire, she looks really fun & she seems like a moving wall.
Well that and he already knew a lot of people aren't fond of SG's tricks so I think he knew some people would have issues with that, and the fact that she got better well let's just say I'm not the only one who feels that way lol. But I was also referring to not just those streams where he addressed that but SG's mechanics but her original stream he admits she's a well rounded, good character even prepatch that can do it all and I still agree with this. Again, not saying she's the top in the game or dumb OP just very versatile(something most characters can't do in this game)Just to be clear I don't hate SG, I just am more pissed that her, Flash and a few others got buffs and guys like BB, GL got untouched lol I just kind of scratched my head at that but hey I could be a Swamp Thing fan talk about disappointing right? lol

I'm not so much a casual guy, I can't afford not have time to be a pro but I'm definitely more competitive though I'll admit I'm MUCH better in MK than Injustice, but I mean talking about griping I think every kind of player has bitched over Deadshot at times, I even remember when Sonic used him people were crying over it...lol of all levels. But I hear what you're saying and I agree with most of what you've said, I'm sure lots of characters including her needed tweaking but just want you to understand as a GL main he was one character that definitely needed some tweaks and he didn't get anything, so I'm sure you can understand why some of us have a point regarding certain characters not getting touched while seeing others get tweaks, buffs etc it's a little disappointing but don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these people who bitch 24/7 or hate NRS etc lol I bought the ultimate edition and probably spent about 80 bucks in source crystals already haha. Though I don't do it often, here and there.

But yeah I agree SF is fun af. Her zoning is easily top 3 in the game IMHO. She struggles up close but most characters have their weaknesses, her combos are pretty fun, easy and flashy as hell! I love it with good damage.

Reactions: JDE

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Well that and he already knew a lot of people aren't fond of SG's tricks so I think he knew some people would have issues with that, and the fact that she got better well let's just say I'm not the only one who feels that way lol. But I was also referring to not just those streams where he addressed that but SG's mechanics but her original stream he admits she's a well rounded, good character even prepatch that can do it all and I still agree with this. Again, not saying she's the top in the game or dumb OP just very versatile(something most characters can't do in this game)Just to be clear I don't hate SG, I just am more pissed that her, Flash and a few others got buffs and guys like BB, GL got untouched lol I just kind of scratched my head at that but hey I could be a Swamp Thing fan talk about disappointing right? lol

I'm not so much a casual guy, I can't afford not have time to be a pro but I'm definitely more competitive though I'll admit I'm MUCH better in MK than Injustice, but I mean talking about griping I think every kind of player has bitched over Deadshot at times, I even remember when Sonic used him people were crying over it...lol of all levels. But I hear what you're saying and I agree with most of what you've said, I'm sure lots of characters including her needed tweaking but just want you to understand as a GL main he was one character that definitely needed some tweaks and he didn't get anything, so I'm sure you can understand why some of us have a point regarding certain characters not getting touched while seeing others get tweaks, buffs etc it's a little disappointing but don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these people who bitch 24/7 or hate NRS etc lol I bought the ultimate edition and probably spent about 80 bucks in source crystals already haha. Though I don't do it often, here and there.

But yeah I agree SF is fun af. Her zoning is easily top 3 in the game IMHO. She struggles up close but most characters have their weaknesses, her combos are pretty fun, easy and flashy as hell! I love it with good damage.
Nah man I get what you're saying. All good.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Lmfao what are you on? Everything I said about her air dash is 100% true, not even up for debate.

As for the other post, I said she feels mediocre as a whole. Her zoning is good but doesn't compensate for her poor up close game. I also said it was an impression. Definition: an idea, feeling, or opinion about something or someone, especially one formed without conscious thought or on the basis of little evidence.

Just as you can have your impression, I can have mine and it's one shared by many people including Sonic Fox so if you could step down from your pedestal that'd be great. I'm going to keep playing her, I'm going to keep grinding with her and my impression, just like yours and everyone else's is subject to change. That's called levelling up. Chill.

It's a terrible impression laced with hella downplay.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@JDE yep all good, you're a cool dude! Always good when people are nice on here lol. Have fun with Starfire, she has so many shaders lol huh? I feel they gave her more than everyone else well Batman has a lot too. I like how there's future spots too.

@Rude lol I just got your avatar lol. That's funny. I heard that's a good game.

Reactions: JDE
First post on TYM, long time lurker. What's up everyone

1. I'm a little confused on people saying she doesn't have good AAs? Her B2 outranges most jump ins and has 40-50% damage potential. Am I missing something?

2. If you burst her DB1MB orb while it's behind them (with 4), does it cross up? That would be a pretty dirty set up if possible.

3. Anyone using her St3? It seems really good for whiff punishes as it has deceptive range, along with her F2. I feel like BB cancels are a good part of her game plan since she generates so much meter.

4. Her DB1 MB, trait orb explode seems really good to use for demanding respect from approaching enemies. Her B3 range is nuts for the followup if you can catch them while advancing. It's been keeping a lot of opponents honest for me to spam stardust out.

5. Is the DF1 MB only supposed to be used for chip? I feel like I'm missing something. The Air MB version seems entirely useless to me.

I've been using a lot of meter on orb so I can safely get stardust casts off. It does so much chip and if they block it they are at a major disadvantage. Is it really +13 or does that data count the advantage you have while it's airborne? (Kinda like CC's overhead being rediculously plus)

She's soooo dope regardless. Green light sabers in a D.C. game :D

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
First post on TYM, long time lurker. What's up everyone

1. I'm a little confused on people saying she doesn't have good AAs? Her B2 outranges most jump ins and has 40-50% damage potential. Am I missing something?

2. If you burst her DB1MB orb while it's behind them (with 4), does it cross up? That would be a pretty dirty set up if possible.

3. Anyone using her St3? It seems really good for whiff punishes as it has deceptive range, along with her F2. I feel like BB cancels are a good part of her game plan since she generates so much meter.

4. Her DB1 MB, trait orb explode seems really good to use for demanding respect from approaching enemies. Her B3 range is nuts for the followup if you can catch them while advancing. It's been keeping a lot of opponents honest for me to spam stardust out.

5. Is the DF1 MB only supposed to be used for chip? I feel like I'm missing something. The Air MB version seems entirely useless to me.

I've been using a lot of meter on orb so I can safely get stardust casts off. It does so much chip and if they block it they are at a major disadvantage. Is it really +13 or does that data count the advantage you have while it's airborne? (Kinda like CC's overhead being rediculously plus)

She's soooo dope regardless. Green light sabers in a D.C. game :D
1. Yeah B2 is a great AA

2. It's hard to get it behind them. And if it is and you MB trait then they can just block normally. However if you send it to them and they try and jump, if you detonate it it's impossible to jump over without getting hit.

3. It's decent but has 15f of start up.

5. I use DF1 MB to punish MB Roll. MB roll will get past the regular projectile, but not all the other projectiles that come out when you MB it.

1. Yeah B2 is a great AA

2. It's hard to get it behind them. And if it is and you MB trait then they can just block normally. However if you send it to them and they try and jump, if you detonate it it's impossible to jump over without getting hit.

3. It's decent but has 15f of start up.

5. I use DF1 MB to punish MB Roll. MB roll will get past the regular projectile, but not all the other projectiles that come out when you MB it.
Yeah after the 113 knockdown I've been MBing orb to get it behind them and even if they are blocking, the trait goes through them and the orb will burst but I'm not sure why it doesn't cross up since it's behind them.

Rude

And yours is a terrible impression laced with hella upplay

Wow it sure is funny how that goes both ways huh? Please be seated.
I'll be seated once we stop calling characters "mediocre" after 2 days.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So my fellow Tamaranians, if you want to farm gear for Kori set the AI to max counter and combos in endless tower. I got her a sweet jacket so far. ;)

I set her to max combos and rushdown, plug in my stick, start an Endless run and set the turbo option on the stick to mash X. Then I just go do stuff and she farms away. Takes her quite a while to lose . If you're leaving and time isn't too important you can set her to runaway and zoning. It takes her a lot longer to win this way, but she all but won't lose.

I'm using this setup right now to get my last three characters to 20.. Cold, Firestorm and Adam are all I have left. I have no reason to do this, but.. whutevah.

Anyway, on to Starfire relevance.. is anyone else thinking she's as strong as I do? Cause I think she's massively legit.

Rude

How is it any different to claiming a character is top 5-10 and busted with no weaknesses after 2 days? Take your own advice and "just stop".

Who said the character was busted?

Who said the character had no weaknesses?

Do you know what the word, "potential" means?

Rude

Lmfao as opposed to calling her potential top 10 after 2 days? Literally what is the difference? I'm calling her mid tier, you're calling her high to top tier, both are impressions, what is the problem? Calm yourself so we can get back to levelling up.

You're calling her mid tier, but your explanation doesn't make any sense.

Do you know what the word, "potential" means? I said she was a "potential" top 10 character. Not 100% definite plz nerf Paulo Top Ten.

It's easy to look at her and her toolkit and see why she, at the very least, isn't "mediocre." The talking points used to downplay her zoning are absurd.

Hell, other Starfire players brought your downplay to my attention, so I'm not the only one.

Here's a thought:

What if it isn't Starfire that's mediocre?

What if it's you?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
How is it any different to claiming a character is top 5-10 and busted with no weaknesses after 2 days? Take your own advice and "just stop".
Because a lot of times strength is a lot easier to see than weakness in a fighter. For example, I have only played Deadshot exclusively in this game until Starfire, and from day negative 4 before release (had the game early) I was saying he had Top 2 zoning. It turned out it was the best zoning. It was obvious that his zoning was going to be very strong, by design.

Weakness or "bad" is harder to call because you may discover more factors later. Like all the people who called Catwoman and Atrocitus bad, were clearly wrong. People calling Adam and Aquaman strong, were clearly right.

There are exceptions, but most of the times this is the case. In Starfire's case, not saying she is Top 1, but to call her bad with the current toolset in place is head scratching, at best, regardless of the skill level of the player saying it.

Rude

Because a lot of times strength is a lot easier to see than weakness in a fighter. For example, I have only played Deadshot exclusively in this game until Starfire, and from day negative 4 before release (had the game early) I was saying he had Top 2 zoning. It turned out it was the best zoning. It was obvious that his zoning was going to be very strong, by design.

Weakness or "bad" is harder to call because you may discover more factors later. Like all the people who called Catwoman and Atrocitus bad, were clearly wrong. People calling Adam and Aquaman strong, were clearly right.

There are exceptions, but most of the times this is the case. In Starfire's case, not saying she is Top 1, but to call her bad with the current toolset in place is head scratching, at best, regardless of the skill level of the player saying it.

You said it better than I could.

@HeroesNZ Read this and take notes.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Your opinion, you're entitled as am I. I disagree, she is an annoying character to deal with and can do everything very well rounded unlike say Starfire who's a great zoner but is weak up close with little to no mix ups. I used to use SG,and dropped her because she's not a challenge and I was getting tired of hatemail...she was definitely not already bad or fun to use and has lots of shenanigans.

Her teleport gives her a big edge in lots of match ups in this game, she can zone, has great mix ups, combos and rushdown. Even 16 said this on one of the streams(his view is as respectable as any "top player") that lot of people were asking how to counter SG. I'm not saying she is the top in the game but she definitely didn't suck their views are all relative. They argue with each other often about tiers on here daily so this means little to me. I believe you don't have to be a pro to understand a games mechanics or tiers etc or archtypes etc. Point is they buffed characters that didn't need it and didn't who did(GL, FS, BB etc) and I know this because I am a GL main from day one and used to use BB but he just can't compete with his bad damage output among few other issues, ask anyone who uses BB as well as GL they'll tell you they need buffs.
Dude the BB community is prob one of the most chill community's here after a few whiners left after the first week. There was like one thread about bumping him up and even that was pretty light fare for TYM. Other than that they're all about helping each other out, discussing MU's and strategy. SG is a hot topic because she is a scrub friendly char online with wifi haha.