What's new

"This Princess Fights Her Own Battles." - Starfire General Discussion

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
You're calling her mid tier, but your explanation doesn't make any sense.

Do you know what the word, "potential" means? I said she was a "potential" top 10 character.

It's easy to look at her and her toolkit and see why she, at the very least, isn't "mediocre." The talking points used to downplay her zoning are absurd.
Hell, other Starfire players brought your downplay to my attention.

Here's a thought:

What if it isn't Starfire that's mediocre?

What if it's you?
Do you know what the word "impression" means? I said they were my day 2 impressions. I feel differently about her today and I could feel completely different again tomorrow.

Then that's absolutely fine and I'll level up. I'm really not understanding why you're so triggered by this.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Do you know what the word "impression" means? I said they were my day 2 impressions. I feel differently about her today and I could feel completely different again tomorrow.

Then that's absolutely fine and I'll level up. I'm really not understanding why you're so triggered by this.

Imagine posting your impressions on a fighting game forum.
I'm going to have to refer to Saltshaker's post...you know, a player that actually knows what he's talking about.

Be more like Saltshaker.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Hmm, looks like the opponent has to hold the orb when its out because if they jump, we can react to it with trait and get a full combo. If they block it, it seems we're about +5 so another trait check or sneak in stardust for more plus frames.

I'm going to experiment with our damage off this as I'm sure stage bounces will make this hurt a lot.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Lmao, Starfire is not mediocre. She has a trait that lets her 2in1 cancel off of special moves. She's automatically top 10 potential.

GreatDarkHero

Give into pleasu- Offensive pressure! Yeah.
Been mostly speaking to folks via Starfire Discord.

Against every other foe, Starfire will get an easy 400+ damage if she starts her combo from a standing 3 if she burns one bar worth of meter. The standing 3 is i15 frames. If she starts off with a light, she will still get 400 damage but only vs specific opponents since health values and "defense" are different among the characters. I also like how Starfire gets an absurd amount of damage from just her b2 anti-air, sort of forcing opponents to be really careful about jumping around too much.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Dude the BB community is prob one of the most chill community's here after a few whiners left after the first week. There was like one thread about bumping him up and even that was pretty light fare for TYM. Other than that they're all about helping each other out, discussing MU's and strategy. SG is a hot topic because she is a scrub friendly char online with wifi haha.
I agree, I don't mean to rant I'm just saying I feel BB's users pain lol I used to use him first week but I felt like he's fun but a struggle lol. I mean I won't hate on NRS or anything like some people literally hate on them via twitter lol or say "you killed my character RIP Tanya etc" lol I won't go THAT nuts lol.I agree, sometimes online certain characters have nonsense you gotta deal with though their last few games have been so much smoother online. I don't disagree with you about SG, that's my point all the time on here people go nuts over Deadshot at times and now Starfire lol but not as much with SG lol(well some people anyway)

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
For some reason, I can cancel the F2 into MB F3 Bounce. I just did DF2, and then I cancelled it into MB, and this is what happened. Try this out and see for yourselves. Dunno if someone already found it out.
Just the typical input shenanigans. Your inputs are being read wonky like in many situations. But I don't get what you think is unique about being able to cancel her f2 into bounce. F2 is a cancellable normal and basically every normal can be canceled into a f3 or b3 bounce for 2 bars. To do it every time you just input f2xxdf mb or f2xxff mb for the f3 bounce or f2xxdb mb and f2xxbb mb for the b3 style bounce.

If I missed your point and you already knew that my bad, I just don't see what you thought was noteworthy.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
How is Starfire's neutral game? What's her best strategies in neutral?
Her neutral's super good. I just walk back, throw random fireballs, whiff punish and bait jumps. Once they're in the opponent will start walking backwards and forwards trying to play footsies and F22 is a safe high overhead with extremely good range and a great whiff punisher.

She also has B/F3 and long sweep which all have really good range and her J3. Then you can just throw out random traits to catch people walking forwards.

Her D1's also really good for checking dashes.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
That is such terrible logic, just because a character has been out for only 2 days it doesn't mean you can't tell how good or bad the character will be. Imagine just the most God character being out with a 1 frame unblockable that hits full screen and instantalt kills. With your logic, you won't be able to tell if the character is good especially only after 2 days
This is a dumb post. The analogy you used is totally pointless because no studio has ever released a character that clearly OP. There are very, very few (if any tbh) characters that have been released that are indisputably fucked up good or terrible in 48 hours to the point where what you're arguing makes sense.

Characters strengths are determined in how their matchups vs the cast turn out. There's not been time to grind matchups with her and explore her options in them for the whole rest of the cast. You might be able to make a few general statements or really explore a couple matchups, but no one can credibly conclude she's ass or amazing at this point.

This is a dumb post. The analogy you used is totally pointless because no studio has ever released a character that clearly OP. There are very, very few (if any tbh) characters that have been released that are indisputably fucked up good or terrible in 48 hours to the point where what you're arguing makes sense.

Characters strengths are determined in how their matchups vs the cast turn out. There's not been time to grind matchups with her and explore her options in them for the whole rest of the cast. You might be able to make a few general statements or really explore a couple matchups, but no one can credibly conclude she's ass or amazing at this point.
Your first paragraph is completely useless. The analogy was used to question his logic not say that it was the case. Just because someone prolly won't be that op, it does not mean that you can just say such a blanket, conclusive statement like, 'hurrdur it's only been 2 days you can never tell with that amount of time if the character is good so don't even bother say anything about character balance'. The analogy was used to prove the point so no, it was not pointless.

You don't really need to grind all the MUs, just the important ones.
That means the top tiers and the ones close to the top tiers and then you can get a pretty good, general idea. Sure things can change but right at this time of the characters life, you can tell if theyre good or not.

Seems like she gets some good meaty pressure with 23 in the corner from combos ended in db3 xx trait

i've been doing f3, b2, 23 xx mb db1, 23 xx db3, trait

you can land and do 23. if timed properly the 3 is meaty as fuuuck. i'm able to stuff fate wakeup push pretty consistently. Seems hit confirmable also?

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
Green arrow shuts her zoning down. Thoughest match up I've had while playing as her. Had me all kinds of panicking because I was the one trying to get in not the other way around lol. And her normals are meh f2 covers good distance but fuck was I salty.

Green arrow shuts her zoning down. Thoughest match up I've had while playing as her. Had me all kinds of panicking because I was the one trying to get in not the other way around lol. And her normals are meh f2 covers good distance but fuck was I salty.
I disagree. if you get green arrow full screen then you can actually beat his zoning or atleast compete by just doing star dust into trait or no trait. He can't do much and won't be able to get out any traited arrows without getting hit by a lot of damage. The entire time he'll be getting hit by a lot of chip

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
I disagree. if you get green arrow full screen then you can actually beat his zoning or atleast compete by just doing star dust into trait or no trait. He can't do much and won't be able to get out any traited arrows without getting hit by a lot of damage. The entire time he'll be getting hit by a lot of chip
Nah dude if he has fire arrow he's getting the knockdown. He'll low profile trait unless it's MB and you won't win with star dust trait. Even if you're trading chip for chip pretty sure it's in his favor with fire arrow. Then he can ex for boxing glove. It's frustrating

Nah dude if he has fire arrow he's getting the knockdown. He'll low profile trait unless it's MB and you won't win with star dust trait. Even if you're trading chip for chip pretty sure it's in his favor with fire arrow. Then he can ex for boxing glove. It's frustrating
It's not in his favor she gets much higher chip and green arrow has to reload eventually and he can't when your doing the star dusts. You beat the fire arrows chip by nearly double and there is no way he can get out a boxing glove arrow he wouldn't have enough time. He won't low profile trait if you cancel the star dust with the trait he just has to hold the chip unless he wants to get hit instead

Last edited:

At the very worst I'd say it's even with Green Arrow but I personally think it's a 6-4 in his favor. Stardust chip is a real problem but I feel like it's easier to get around it than people are realizing. Stardust into trait or no trait is a full screen mind game but GA can always just confirm normal Arrow into arrow load. I think ice arrow can trade with Stardust at certain ranges too which makes it a much better option for GA at midscreen.