What's new

"This Princess Fights Her Own Battles." - Starfire General Discussion

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So my fellow Tamaranians, if you want to farm gear for Kori set the AI to max counter and combos in endless tower. I got her a sweet jacket so far. ;)

D. R.

Noob
Her close clusterbomb mixed with hair flip at the end of combos on block seems legit.

If they respect the hair flip, they have to block the bomb and the trait.
If they try to beat the bomb, they will eat the hair flip.
If they try and beat the bomb but they are off, the trade is usually in her favor enough to combo.
If they block hair flip, you can MB and be safe.

Her block pressure seems like an actual thing barring meter combined with trait. She builds about 3/4 a bar if you burn half of it in her block strings. It's like Shinnok all over again...

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
If it's not too early for patch suggestions, can we get her character ending video redone? That was the most horrific bit of poorly written garbage I've seen in a long while - and I say that as someone who's watched Blue Beetle's character ending video.

It truly made me like her a lot less as a character after watching the writers' interpretation of her.
i think she might have my favorite ending

Im no pro but im having a hard time seeing her as this zoning god people are making her out to be.

Her normal projectile is fairly slow when compared to most others in the game.
The meter burn is whiffs most the hits so its only useable in specific sets ups and corner.
Cluster has to be guess placed leaving her fairly open, while the meter burn is a strong option for a meter.
Her trait is good, but doesn't do much damage and has a pretty damn substantial cool down. So its undeniably good but not your not gonna just be pressuring with it all the time.

To me it feel like as far as zoning goes she'll just be "Strong". I feel like anyone with a speedy projectile can out zone her. Especially if they dont respect her trait, cuz she really cant do it THAT often for it to be a constant threat to a hard zoner.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Initial impressions and warning to her zoning: DO NOT abuse Stardust without trait. It has a lot of recovery and is easily punished by a MB roll and the opponent can avoid it by walking forward. If you do not have trait, consider using an orb to force them to block or MB starblast to push them back.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
Im no pro but im having a hard time seeing her as this zoning god people are making her out to be.

Her normal projectile is fairly slow when compared to most others in the game.
The meter burn is whiffs most the hits so its only useable in specific sets ups and corner.
Cluster has to be guess placed leaving her fairly open, while the meter burn is a strong option for a meter.
Her trait is good, but doesn't do much damage and has a pretty damn substantial cool down. So its undeniably good but not your not gonna just be pressuring with it all the time.

To me it feel like as far as zoning goes she'll just be "Strong". I feel like anyone with a speedy projectile can out zone her. Especially if they dont respect her trait, cuz she really cant do it THAT often for it to be a constant threat to a hard zoner.
You get 5 shots out of fully charged trait provided you don't hold it when pressing, combined with her other keep away tools I'd say you'd get to pressure with it pretty freely provided you weren't also using it to end your conversions.

I look at the mb version of her projectile as a combo ender for some of her grounded strings. The air version can be done after a whiffed jump attack and meter burned to blow up some d2 attempts

I like that you have to place her cluster bomb, would be totally brain dead if it tracked, gives some depth and nesecity to think while playing her. I mean smart zoning is all about reads imo- if you're just stood there throwing projectiles mindlessly then you are in fact spamming, not zoning

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Yeah day 2 and she's feeling very mediocre. Her zoning isn't good enough to get by on that alone and her up-close game is poor.

Zoning is alright with trait but the meter runs out so quickly even if you're just tapping it and takes ages to recharge. And stardust is pretty much only useable with trait so most of the time your only zoning tool will be a basic fireball. This would be fine if she had good buttons/mixups up close but she doesn't. And Mace Charge is pretty much a random part of her tool kit that doesn't really synergise with anything and is just there

It's funny seeing the difference between day 1 and day 2 impressions though rofl. Hopefully something clicks

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I'm really curious what people want a character to be. Godlike at zoning with no recovery,and no thought process with great mixups and damage.

Wait.

We have it in deadshot . & everyone bitches a out it LOL..

The character has been out for 2 days. There is no way we can tell if she's amazing or bad. Get used to her first. Learn everything. Experiment. Try everything. She seems BALANCED to me. So far I like her.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Her close clusterbomb mixed with hair flip at the end of combos on block seems legit.

If they respect the hair flip, they have to block the bomb and the trait.
If they try to beat the bomb, they will eat the hair flip.
If they try and beat the bomb but they are off, the trade is usually in her favor enough to combo.
If they block hair flip, you can MB and be safe.

Her block pressure seems like an actual thing barring meter combined with trait. She builds about 3/4 a bar if you burn half of it in her block strings. It's like Shinnok all over again...
What strings/specials are you using for block pressure specifically?

haketh

Noob
The Fireball being slow is good for zoning actually, allows you to control more space & restricts how they get around it.

I'm really curious what people want a character to be. Godlike at zoning with no recovery,and no thought process with great mixups and damage.

Wait.

We have it in deadshot . & everyone bitches a out it LOL..

The character has been out for 2 days. There is no way we can tell if she's amazing or bad. Get used to her first. Learn everything. Experiment. Try everything. She seems BALANCED to me. So far I like her.
That is such terrible logic, just because a character has been out for only 2 days it doesn't mean you can't tell how good or bad the character will be. Imagine just the most God character being out with a 1 frame unblockable that hits full screen and instantalt kills. With your logic, you won't be able to tell if the character is good especially only after 2 days

Last edited:
Starfire's air dash is real weird and slow. I have to mash buttons to get her to finally attack after her dash. Her general floaty-ness makes it hard to follow up with a J3 cross-up.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Yeah the air dash is bad but mostly because of the jump attacks. J1 is the only one that's fast enough to be of any real use but its hitbox is shite. And J3 is the only one that crosses up well but it's too slow to even come out unless you air dash super high up in which case you're just asking to get anti-aired.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
That is such terrible logic, just because some character has been out for only 2 days it doesn't mean you can't tell how good or bad the character will be. Imagine just the most God character being out with a 1 frame unblockable that hits full screen and instant kills. With your logic, you won't be able to tell if the character is good especially only after 2 days
Your post legit embodies your username. I'm honestly lost trying to even understand what I just read lol.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
Anyone else having a hard time with her footsies? It feels like she lacks decent mids and lows. I'm getting poked out of everything after landing a d1.

Curious what strings you guys are using.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
You know
I've only been playing with Starfire for one night, so I'm not going to make any sudden decisions...
But Harley, probably my favorite comic book character of all time and a character I told myself I would make my #1 through the life of this game
May have to take the spot as secondary. Because holy shit, is this character fun.