What's new

"This Princess Fights Her Own Battles." - Starfire General Discussion

Tweedy

Noob
I'm late to the Starfire party and haven't read all 12 pages, but if it's not known S3 trait is a true blockstring. Does 6% chip, 8% if you spend meter. Creates space and builds some meter back.

Espio

Kokomo
I'm late to the Starfire party and haven't read all 12 pages, but if it's not known S3 trait is a true blockstring. Does 6% chip, 8% if you spend meter. Creates space and builds some meter back.
I did not know this, gonna add it to my game.

I love standing 3 for a couple of the reasons I've mentioned previously. It being neutral while going over sweeps and some other options, it's a big deal since you can convert into solid damage off standing 3 too anywhere on screen. The range isn't too shabby either.

Tweedy

Noob
I think the dumbest thing about Starfire might be her meterless chip. Close dust trait, s3 trait, etc. Obviously close dust can be poked or advanced on but it's easy to condition people with true strings. I've been doing s2 or s3 close dust trait after conditioning with 21 or 23 and s3 trait.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I think the dumbest thing about Starfire might be her meterless chip. Close dust trait, s3 trait, etc. Obviously close dust can be poked or advanced on but it's easy to condition people with true strings. I've been doing s2 or s3 close dust trait after conditioning with 21 or 23 and s3 trait.
Oh it gets better than that, lets say you do 23 into close stardust because they expect 232. If you're opponent even thinks about poking you while they are cornered, the dust hits and you get a full combo from a string of your choosing.

If you condition them enough with F22, you can do F2 trait to make them think twice about blocking high or walking back.

Tweedy

Noob
Oh it gets better than that, lets say you do 23 into close stardust because they expect 232. If you're opponent even thinks about poking you while they are cornered, the dust hits and you get a full combo from a string of your choosing.

If you condition them enough with F22, you can do F2 trait to make them think twice about blocking high or walking back.
23 dust is risky tho since they can hit you out before the dust becomes active, and they have more than enough time to do something advancing.

DarksydeDash

23 dust is risky tho since they can hit you out before the dust becomes active, and they have more than enough time to do something advancing.
That is very true, so maybe space out the 23 since there is a giant active hitbox?

jmt

Noob
Ive been crushing with her but I don't ever use bf2 other than jumping and using it to get out of the corner. When do you guys use it?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yea. Block the OH then punish
kewl beans, ill have to remember that :). i'm liking starfire, great zoning, great footies, great airplay. and i feel its balanced by her shitty wake up game, thats her weakness and it should stay that way.

does she have any oki setups, like ambiguous cross up? her ji3 seems like more of a tool for footsies and Countering anti-air attempts rather than crossing up, seeing as it won't become an overhead till quite low in the jump.

Last edited:

4x4lo8o

Noob
Hey guys, are any of you Starfire players on xbl? I'm looking for some long sets, trying to figure out the match up

DarksydeDash

Let's talk; How do we feel about Starfire so far in the game?

To me, she is extremely strong but struggles against other zoners.

That said, her damage more than enough makes up for it and her meter building is probably the best in the game due to her chip damage.

I honestly won't be surprised if she ends up being one of the best and ends up getting toned down somewhat.

thoughts?

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Against zoners her main tools are Stardust and trait beam. If you can make trade in your favor she wins.

Fate is the worst one from the zoners, he simply beats her zoning by doing fireballs nonstop.
DS can be tough but stardust trades with low rifle and it'll beat the MB version too costing ds a bar.
Supes is even imo, whoever gets the right read lands big damage and a knockdown. Both have air options as well.
Batman from far away loses, but he fucks her upclose, even her broke anti airs can't stop bats' j2.
Beetle beats her, but if you keep switching between zoning and offense it becomes more even.
Darkseid is an asshole coz trades are never in your favor, but she can beat his teleports free with b2. Your zoning is mainly trait against him as everything else is a trait in his favor and you get knocked down as well.

Supergirl isnt exactly a zoner but she's starfire's worst matchup by far imo.
She can just duck Darkseids lasers and punish with trait - she dominates zoning in that matchup except full screen.

Tweedy

Noob
It's so weird to talk about Starfire because there's still so many people who think she's #1 with 0 losing match ups. It's like we gotta wait until she doesn't make top 8s to talk about how she actually is lol.

Reactions: jmt

DarksydeDash

It's so weird to talk about Starfire because there's still so many people who think she's #1 with 0 losing match ups. It's like we gotta wait until she doesn't make top 8s to talk about how she actually is lol.
How do you feel about her so far?

jmt

Noob
I've been destroying everyone I play with her. All my friends and online. She is very good and so fun. This stuff about her being number 1 with zero losing matchups is insane though.