What's new

"This Princess Fights Her Own Battles." - Starfire General Discussion

Tweedy

Noob
I feel like they were uneducated nerfs just to avoid possible CEO Tanya/ECT Deadshot performances. Her chip is still retarded. I don't think she was the best anyways but her nerfs didn't really do much imo.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I feel like they were uneducated nerfs just to avoid possible CEO Tanya/ECT Deadshot performances. Her chip is still (soap bar in my mouth). I don't think she was the best anyways but her nerfs didn't really do much imo.
That's what I've been saying. People think she got butchered but na. Her gameplay is untouched. She just has to hit you a couple more times. That's it

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
How does starfire do against supes, darkseid, batman, and red hood? I main cheetah and need a fun secondary to cover her weaknesses.

Damage nerfed, but her gameplan is still the same. Her excessive meter gain and chip damage still make her a threat. As Khaotik alrea dy mentioned you just have to hit the opponent a couple more times.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Yeah combos that involve 23 or b2 were slightly reduce damage wise. DB3 into trait still does decent damage for enders in combos. Unless the damage dampener kicks in.
Using S3 in combos gives her great damage, long as you don't use 23 or b2 with it.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Does the nerfed D1 MB Orb no longer combo'ing mean she is now the second character in the game (Capt Cold being the other) without a solid 6f or 7f punish? If so that really sucks. :(

Tweedy

Noob
Wow she can't do d1 bgb now. So she can't bgb off of her quickest punisher and mid in general.

Totally went untouched amirite.

bgb = background bounce if someone doesn't know

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Wow she can't do d1 bgb now. So she can't bgb off of her quickest punisher and mid in general.

But every character can do that, was this unintentional?

Tweedy

Noob
But every character can do that, was this unintentional?
Every character besides Starfire and Darkseid I believe. They're good characters but I hope if they nerf her more they can at least return that.

And I guess so since it was done by the cancel advantage nerf to her d1.

Honestly I'm pretty pissed. I'm thinking it was an error that will hopefully get patched real quick.

I think she loses to Red Hood personally. Superman is probably even or better. No comment on Batman as of now.
I struggle with superman hard. I find avoiding f2 is difficult. His laser seem to always find me at the wrong times. I like the Batman matchup. I find that after a b2 conversion well at least pre patch i can stop Batman from jumping and that for me is a great victory. I End strings with mb hairflip so I can backdash and keep the space. I just try to be prepared to anti air

How does starfire do against supes, darkseid, batman, and red hood? I main cheetah and need a fun secondary to cover her weaknesses.
supes? prolly wins
darkseid ? punishes lasers and outfootises.. fine i'd say?
batman? even at worst if she gets in a zoning rhythm its rough for the bats..
red hood? also even at worst, probably wins tbh.
also she beats cheetah for shizzle.

starfire's hardest MUs for me have been deadshot (she loses), doctor fate (fate prolly wins) and then black adam (i suck against adam). I could see a really really good flash being harmful as well.

everyone else she probably beats fairly handily. she's similar to like kenshi or freddy imo - really really strong zoning and tools but a few kryptonites but bops most of em. deadshot is hers.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
supes? prolly wins
darkseid ? punishes lasers and outfootises.. fine i'd say?
batman? even at worst if she gets in a zoning rhythm its rough for the bats..
red hood? also even at worst, probably wins tbh.
also she beats cheetah for shizzle.

starfire's hardest MUs for me have been deadshot (she loses), doctor fate (fate prolly wins) and then black adam (i suck against adam). I could see a really really good flash being harmful as well.

everyone else she probably beats fairly handily. she's similar to like kenshi or freddy imo - really really strong zoning and tools but a few kryptonites but bops most of em. deadshot is hers.
Can you elaborate on why you think that? Also, can you talk like a normal person?

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I don't understand why D1 > MB Stardust was removed. It was fully punishable on block and couldn't be hit confirmed ya?