What's new

"This Princess Fights Her Own Battles." - Starfire General Discussion

Espio

Kokomo
Starfire's wake up game is fine. It reminds me of the bill of just low poking to beat her out. Forward 2,2 goes over pokes so unless you're super on point lol. Standing 3 too. Even if her wake up game isn't the best, it really should NOT be good given how good her zoning is and how good her converts are off of sneezing and coughing. Her DP covers so much of the air, even if you cross her up, the tail end hits you. Then hair flip and charge either have decent invincibility, can both be made safe or shift her hitbox backwards and make some things whiff. There's no catch all solution to every wake up she has. Then she can mix in backdash and such. Her wake up meta is really solid.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, they no doubt did that to give her some weaknesses up close while stronger zoning. Still I can't complain her wake ups are better than GL's lol Those are the two I use the most.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
did this on a whim yesterday. You guys think this could be a staple part of her offense if the spacing and timing could be right. I known the ball has to be locked first at least it's what I think. Thought?
You can hold down in this game to counter that. Maybe you can try f3 for a tricky setup though hmm

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Not sure if this was known but Starfire's standing 3 has an increased hitbox on crouching opponents and seems to be slightly plus. +1 is my guess. You can abuse the hell out of this in the corner and have plenty of walk back room too.

haketh

Noob
Here is a corner double cross up I've found using the hard knockdown b12 then using mb charge to hit them with an initial cross up then forcing them to block the other way as well.

You can also use trait after the charge for more damage. I'm sure there is a much more optimal way to do this just thought I would share this so others can lab it as well.
Double mid isn't it? can just hold down to block it.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I stand corrected, it's actually more like +4 if the edge of her foot connects.
Interesting indeed. Does it guarantee a check with 23?

Generally how do you guys punish airbourne opponents? - I am really having problems with punishing aerial attacks on whiff. Mostly because F2-db mb won't connect.

... and please don't tell me to use b2, which can hardly be done on reaction.

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one

Generally how do you guys punish airbourne opponents? - I am really having problems with punishing aerial attacks on whiff. Mostly because F2-db mb won't connect.

... and please don't tell me to use b2, which can hardly be done on reaction.
Are you saying like they jump attack and you walk back and make them whiff? Dependent on range you can do either 113xdb3, 4 or f2xdb3, 4.

Grounded anti air, b2 or block it and push block cause she has meter for days.

Also, I have been messing with jump back 1 as an air to air to stop those weird jumps. Her jump 1 is very active and extends straight forward.

DarksydeDash

... and please don't tell me tot use b2 which can hardly be done on reaction.
No, they are way to far: About just outside of Superman's F2 or Aquaman's B12 for example. The mind game is if you will do s3 into another s3, or s3 into stardust, trait, etc. If you think they will move you can d1 and buffer MB db1 or db2 (safe option) or even commit to a F2 since we can combo off it in the corner. Armoring with F3/B3 also seems good and we can also do a NJ of any of our j3s.

Airborne opponents I use db3. Hits behind, in front, and does 30% for a bar while sending them fullscreen. It murders people with a habbit to airdash.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Are you saying like they jump attack and you walk back and make them whiff? Dependent on range you can do either 113xdb3, 4 or f2xdb3, 4.

Grounded anti air, b2 or block it and push block cause she has meter for days.

Also, I have been messing with jump back 1 as an air to air to stop those weird jumps. Her jump 1 is very active and extends straight forward.
I mean catching a jumping opponent who has just left the floor. Or punishing SM-airlaser from underneath. - here are plenty of situations when I catch someone midair, mostly by doing f2.

It is easy to punish standing opponents with e.g. 3-db1(mb) or d1-db1(mb).

jokey77

Character Loyalist
No, they are way to far: About just outside of Superman's F2 or Aquaman's B12 for example. The mind game is if you will do s3 into another s3, or s3 into stardust, trait, etc. If you think they will move you can d1 and buffer MB db1 or db2 (safe option) or even commit to a F2 since we can combo off it in the corner. Armoring with F3/B3 also seems good and we can also do a NJ of any of our j3s.

Airborne opponents I use db3. Hits behind, in front, and does 30% for a bar while sending them fullscreen. It murders people with a habbit to airdash.
Well, f3 (hold) seems like a mindgame of some sort. 2(whiff)1 might catch them off guard as well. I am gonna give it a try tonight.

Db3 does work to some degree, yes. It ain't very forgiving when you fail the punish and get blocked though.

DarksydeDash

Well, f3 (hold) seems like a mindgame of some sort. 2(whiff)1 might catch them off guard as well. I am gonna give it a try tonight.

Db3 does work to some degree, yes. It ain't very forgiving when you fail the punish and get blocked though.
How are they going to block in the air lmao

TRG

Grodd God
After looking for a secondary since release my search is finally over.

As a Grodd main I'm not used to having hit-confimable strings that are safe on block... it's really nice lol

Played long sets offline with king and king jr with starfire and had more success than dead shot due to the unpredictability in her zoning and her damage.

So conflicted bc I have so much time into my deadshot. But she has that "can I move now factor". DS zoning is 1+1=2. Its mechanical and can be easily walked down. A huge issue is deadshots damage. I watched tekken master BA foxy again at that over seas tournament. In one match foxy landed 12 combo starting hits with DS and tekken master landed 4 and still won that match. DS is good but u literally have to play perfect. Perfect.

A lot of talk about her being broken behind the scenes with a lot of top players. But that is common when a strong zoner comes around. They just want her nerfed. Justifiably or not