What's new

Things that need fixing in MKAK - Use this thread ONLY

Satan1

Ice Pirate
Edit:

So Pat talked to Ed Boon and found out it was a misunderstanding, from TRMK:

Pat McCarron:
"Correct, Ed meant that there was never a PC Release Date, he didn't mean there was never a PC version. There was never a set release date for the PC version, they had a window but obviously it missed that window.
Source: I asked Ed directly myself to clarify what he meant. "

aj1701

Noob
So what is going on? They had a window to release it for pc and now its just not gonna happen? I really wanted it for PC too :(

VA380

Noob
Looking forward to this patch ... i'm all for waiting longer if they do it right, even tho i know spectator mode prolly won't be in it.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Things for NRS to patch in UMK3.

Ok well I have been thinking about this thread for a long time and what better place to make it than TYM, where NRS is sure to see it. I have narrowed everything down into 2 categories a.) 1 Player vs game and b.) 2 Player vs game. Basically I am going to highlight th most broken aspects of the game and if they were fixed it would balance the game better and make it much more enjoyable to people who previously didn't like it or simply UMK3-lovers like me who just get utterly frustrated with some of the mechanics. here we go:

Part 1 - 1 player vs CPU

1.) Make the AI playable in the exact same fashion you would battle a living human in 2 player mode. The game doesn't need to be set up to take peoples' quarters anymore since arcades are far-and-few these days. A few minor adjustments would rectify this.

a.) remove the instant throw when running at an opponent. The AI throws you 99% of the time you try to run-start a combo. Make it so that no matter what difficulty you play, you can always run-start a combo and pressure the AI.

b.) remove instant recovery for the AI. The AI recovers twice as fast as a person from everything, such as uppercuts, specials, juggles, and normals. This should be removed so that playing the AI can be useful to the person playing instead of having to mount two entirely different strategies when playing.

c.) make throws blockable from the AI. It's ridiculous that D/B+Block doesnt block throws ONLY against the CPU.

d.) remove unlimited run. I can't count how many times the AI runs at me performs a combo, and does it several more times while I watch the unreplenished run meter stay empty for excess of 10 seconds the entire time.

e.) reduce some of the AI's hit priority. Too often I have the frame advantage and the AI completely cheats me out of my hit. Just make it equal. A good example is the AI starting a combo during one of my sweeps that would have connected against any human opponent.

f.) for endurance matches, make it so that either you can hit the AI when they jump in or make it so the AI can NOT hit you for a few seconds. As it is now, u can't hit them for a few seconds, but they can hit you all they want. Also there have been instances where a defeated opponent has continued to attack me AFTER their life was long gone....i was like WTF????

This was all I could think of at the moment and I will add more to this thread when I finish my thoughts on what needs to be fixed in 2 player-mode. Feel free to add anything you feel would make it better.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Remove the ability to LP OR HP and crouch/stand block at the same time.
Fixed. :) I agree and I was going to do another post just for 2 Player mode after I got full input from everyone on AI. i think if they made a playable AI similar to a human player, it would produce alot more good players as a result. You ever actually try playing the AI the way you play a person? LMAO...it's a joke.

Thanx Tim-meh, I didn't know there was already a thread for this.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Ok well I have been thinking about this thread for a long time and what better place to make it than TYM, where NRS is sure to see it. I have narrowed everything down into 2 categories a.) 1 Player vs game and b.) 2 Player vs game. Basically I am going to highlight th most broken aspects of the game and if they were fixed it would balance the game better and make it much more enjoyable to people who previously didn't like it or simply UMK3-lovers like me who just get utterly frustrated with some of the mechanics. here we go:
As great as these suggestions are, they would entail a huge-scale project and could never be addressed in a mere patch. Changing the AI alone would take more work than the entire MKAK project up to this point.

I keep saying this, but the only reasonable expectation is to get UMK3 working at least as well as the standalone UMK3 from XBLA in 2006.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
So the v1.02 IS the newest patch release..? :wut:
Apparently, some of the EU people got an unpatched version of the game. From what I've read, it may even say you have the correct version (v1.02) and still not actually have it.

When you play online, can you enter kombat kodes, see your opponents GamerTag while you're playing, etc?

Sasuga

Noob
Apparently, some of the EU people got an unpatched version of the game. From what I've read, it may even say you have the correct version (v1.02) and still not actually have it.

When you play online, can you enter kombat kodes, see your opponents GamerTag while you're playing, etc?
I didn't get that far. I tried one online game but it froze...

But after I ran it for the first time, it downloaded the update patch and installed it. I guess this must be the v1.02 patch...

What else I noticed: I thought the buttonmapping was strange. When I tried to reconfigure this, I noticed that I could not select all the commands. When pressing down in the buttonconfigmenu, it went from the topmost option to the third, after that to the fifth. Anyone else got that?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I didn't get that far. I tried one online game but it froze...
Well, a lot of people still have the unpatched version. So if you match up with them online, the game will just freeze or you'll get stuck in a black screen. My advice is to just wait for online play until the patch comes out worldwide.