What's new

Things that need fixing in MKAK - Use this thread ONLY

Eternal

Noob
just bought this because i wanted to learn UMK3, never played mk before.
but theres no...training...mode.... :invisible:

how am i supposed to learn how to combo when the computer is cheap as fuck and just owns me haha
you need to use mame to emulate the game and also get codes so that there is no damage and unlimited time(until the game glitches and you cant do specials then you'll need to reset the game)

Tim Static

Adminerator
just bought this because i wanted to learn UMK3, never played mk before.
but theres no...training...mode.... :invisible:

how am i supposed to learn how to combo when the computer is cheap as fuck and just owns me haha
get a 2nd controller and practice on dead controller. you can even use a rubber band to get the character to jump up to practice AA's. :)

Eternal

Noob
get a 2nd controller and practice on dead controller. you can even use a rubber band to get the character to jump up to practice AA's. :)
You can also add a button like L2 on the player 1 pad to be player 2's jump allowing you to control player two..You can also do more advanced things controlling player 2 with player 1 pad like adding player 2's BACK DOWN HP to player 1's BACK DOWN HP, this will allow you to control player 2's smokes/ermac/scorp's teleport on player 1's pad , allowing you to practice punishing them...You can get creative and do other things as well... I might make a tutorial on how to train using mame etc

shano

Noob
We shouldn't have to do this type of stuff though a training mode should have been added to the port.

jamessmk

I am your god
Well it did not, and I can at almost 100% certainly say, it will never happen. It would take to long to fix. I can also say with certainty that this will be a one time patch, no more and don't expect too much. All the wishful thinking, and all it will do is get you disappointment.

Fatality XBL

Red-eye Ragin'
Such a fucking missed opportunity, they could have made lifelong fans so happy if everything, including online, was their best work. NRS take some pride in yourselves please !

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm sure they do, they just care more about MK9 atm ^.

They did confirm the patch, when is it coming exactly though?

aj1701

Noob
Take your time as long as we finally get a good set of games when it's done. Just don't forget about PC after everything is fixed ;) We need to bridge the XBL / PSN gap.
Agreed. I'll buy it on pc so long asits patched

aj1701

Noob
Honestly why would anyone buy mkak for pc when they can play for free using Mame/Kaillera
Its easier to buy than to hunt down an actual working rom, and I don't need to worry about viruses.

Also, as someone that builds software for a living, I don't feel right taking another dev's work without compensating them for it.

have they patched this game yet? i remember posting about the issues of this game like a month ago.... i haven't touched the game since.

ROEBOTRON

"Only One Truth Prevails"
Tim correct me if im wrong but aren't these the same developers from Digital Eclipse that brought us Midway Arcade Treasures and UMK3 on XBLA? The netcode is great on that game to this day, even if you play KOTH, If you are lucky enough to own it lmao. I think the netcode can be fixed based off the UMK3 observation.

aj1701

Noob
Anyone here know when a patch or the PC version might be coming? Some of you have connections right? Even a rumor would be great!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Tim correct me if im wrong but aren't these the same developers from Digital Eclipse that brought us Midway Arcade Treasures and UMK3 on XBLA? The netcode is great on that game to this day, even if you play KOTH, If you are lucky enough to own it lmao. I think the netcode can be fixed based off the UMK3 observation.
I wouldnt think so...

Anyone here know when a patch or the PC version might be coming? Some of you have connections right? Even a rumor would be great!
any updates when the patch for mkak could come?
All i can say is its being worked on and its coming soon...

feete_non_stop

Tele-Beatdown
i really want nrs to fix mkak online play, why like street fighter 3d strike has good online play, i want to play mk arcade online but with that slow motion i cant learn the game, if i need to play arcade fighting game online sf3 is way to go, but still im waiting for that patch NRS, mk is my favorite game hands down, why i need beg nrs to fix online play, just get this done. :taz:

AC1984

Kaballin!
That game is such an embarrassment,,,the PS3 version is garbage...sometimes it lags and some times it goes super fast... why would they put a random frame skip....

shano

Noob
Still no update on when the patch is coming or what they are fixing? god damn.

SF3OE is nearly up to it's third patch already hurry up NRS!