What's new

The WUFL Discussion Thread - Season 1

Top 8 Bracket:

Stream Archives:
Archive of WUFL Day One (Group A)
Archive of WUFL Day Two (Group B)
Archive of WUFL Top 8 (Finals)

Results:

Hey, everyone! WePlay's WUFL is this Thursday-Sunday, and there are a ton of great matches lined up. Most of the better players of MK11 are there, in Ukraine:

Here's the schedule for the second day of the matches (Group B, FT3s):

Discuss predictions, updates, news, etc. here! Let's gooooo

Comments

Stacked or not, if you drop basic combos and make stupid mistakes like trying to hit Jade with Sheeva's fireball stance while Jade has a glow on, what else do you call that? Honestly, if I didn't know who was playing I wouldn't believe that was Foxy.
Foxy got exposed.
His play here was embarrassing, and I can only hope that it is because of alcoholism, reefer madness, or the syphilis.
Probably the syphilis.

Seriously though, the level of play today was insane. The amount of sets that went to game 5, the odds of that happening so consistently have to be astronomical. If someone can add up how many sets went to game 5, and also the total number of sets played, you will be a legend.

Anyone who says MK11 is dead or boring, just link them to the VoD of today’s stream. Cannot wait for top 8 tomorrow! GGs to all the players today.

Seriously though, the level of play today was insane. The amount of sets that went to game 5, the odds of that happening so consistently have to be astronomical. If someone can add up how many sets went to game 5, and also the total number of sets played, you will be a legend.

Anyone who says MK11 is dead or boring, just link them to the VoD of today’s stream. Cannot wait for top 8 tomorrow! GGs to all the players today.
Yup. It's honestly been the same since the start of MK11. I've seen more 2-2 last round sets in this game than maybe any game we've had other than Injustice 2. Tons of nailbiter sets at every event, lots of things coming down to one last whiff punish or one last bait, one microduck, one bit of spacing.

It also emphasizes why 3/5 is so important and should always be the standard.

Great day of matches.

Yup. It's honestly been the same since the start of MK11. I've seen more 2-2 last round sets in this game than maybe any game we've had other than Injustice 2. Tons of nailbiter sets at every event, lots of things coming down to one last whiff punish or one last bait, one microduck, one bit of spacing.

It also emphasizes why 3/5 is so important and should always be the standard.

Great day of matches.
Yup 100% should always be 3/5. In fact I’d say ft2 is the same as ft1 when it comes to MK11. Obviously it’s not exactly the same, but the amount of reverse 3-0’s that happen in this game, idk if I’ve ever seen that in any fighting game ever. I’m not saying I’ve never seen “a lot of reverse 3-0’s”, I’m saying I’ve never seen so many consistent reverse 3-0’s. And I definitely have never seen so many sets consistently go to game 5. The game was simply built for ft3, bottom line.

Is top 8 not tomorrow? I saw where the WUFL twitter account said the “pocket team tournament” starts tomorrow at 3pm. Or is top 8 after that?

It’s not ft3 anymore? That’s super lame.
Tomorrow is exhibition 2v2, Top 8 is Sunday. It's been hard to find the schedule, so it's been a bit confusing.

CetrionJacquiCetrionJacquiFujinJacquiCetrionLiuCetrionJacqui

OH SHIT BIO just used Baraka!!! Nevermind he went back to Kano

JokerCetrionKabalJacquiFujinGerasFujin
Too sad, I really enjoy watching Bio's Baraka... NRS should buff our low tier Tarkatan in the next patch lol

CetrionJacquiCetrionJacquiFujinJacquiCetrionLiuCetrionJacqui

OH SHIT BIO just used Baraka!!! Nevermind he went back to Kano

JokerCetrionKabalJacquiFujinGerasFujin
Ignore Sonya Geras Kabal Johnny Shao was played yesterday. Noob Shang Robocop SZ Sheeva Jade D'vorah Kano Baraka have all been used but whatever. Sorry if I enjoy seeing the game being played at high level no matter the characters :eek::rolleyes:

Ignore Sonya Geras Kabal Johnny Shao was played yesterday. Noob Shang Robocop SZ Sheeva Jade D'vorah Kano Baraka have all been used but whatever. Sorry if I enjoy seeing the game being played at high level no matter the characters :eek::rolleyes:
It's strange times when Sonya is the underrated hero in these games. And I just mentioned Geras, Kano and Kabal.

You asked “what else do you call that?”, I was answering you. You can share whatever opinion you want, just as others can share their opinion of your opinion. It goes both ways amigo.
Yes you were answering me in a condescending way like I should shut the fuck up because I have no idea how it is. That's not quite the same is it.

Obviously nerves are the reason for potentially worse performances, that is if they get the better of you. And they clearly did get the better of Foxy on Thursday.

I thought by participating in this discussion it's given that people know about it. At least where I'm from(Planet Earth) that's how people discuss sports.

I didn't expect Azerbaijan to go full Sonya after Rain didn't work out in the first match. Well, now I'm a fan, he's my new favorite now along with Foxy. So many 5 game sets yesterday as well. Even more hype than the day before. Can't wait for Sunday.

You can enjoy the game being played at a high level while acknowledging that top tier characters have dominated the tournament thus far. Someone picking Robocop once out of 100 games means nothing.

First off its a great tournament. Production is stellar, no super huge or boring advertisment breaks and very good games with great moments.

But on the other hand it was to some degree also boring. Reason is easy... Jacqui & Cetrion (Fujin too to some degree). While the players played great with them, it gets more an more tiresome to spectate them as they seem to play their own game... even compared to the likes of Liu, Geras, Joker and Sub. Especially Jacqui, a character i loved to see pre leap, i vomit in my mouth every time someone locks her in. Which is a shame cuz i really like the character. For me there is no difference between her now and Tanya at her "peak" in MKX. Its stupid to watch and i dont see how to same people that went rioting about Tanya back then are fine with this now.

Bottom line... 12/10 tournament, thumbs up for the players, commentators, analysts, organizers and their staff. But those 3 characters make the game boring to watch. Even great players showing great stuff with them is not enough to counteract it all.

Silver linings... it makes me root for everybody that doesnt play them... and luckily they are still enough players that play other characters.

Edit: I also like the 3/5 format. Prefer it a lot more than 2/3.

Last edited:
Here’s some more detailed results of both groups, such as characters used.

* The records furthest to the right are the overall game records. Then to the left of that is their set records *

Group A:

Group B:

Credit to EventHubs

You can enjoy the game being played at a high level while acknowledging that top tier characters have dominated the tournament thus far. Someone picking Robocop once out of 100 games means nothing.
So it's no different than every other NRS title top tiers dominant every tournament what's the point complaining about it?