What's new

The saltiest you've ever gotten in this game? Salty stories!

Justice

Noob
I have been in the lab, practicing against Shang Tsung for hours after he completely obliterated an otherwise ipressive run for me up the hardest ladder. After this, I figured I was ready to try to get the trophy for the last hidden fight on the easiest difficulty. After a number of fights where I'd get a Flawless then he'd get in a lame-assed toe kick or something, I started doing worse and worse until I had to shut the game off because I actually LOST to Shang Tsung on the easiest difficulty.......

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
I have been in the lab, practicing against Shang Tsung for hours after he completely obliterated an otherwise ipressive run for me up the hardest ladder. After this, I figured I was ready to try to get the trophy for the last hidden fight on the easiest difficulty. After a number of fights where I'd get a Flawless then he'd get in a lame-assed toe kick or something, I started doing worse and worse until I had to shut the game off because I actually LOST to Shang Tsung on the easiest difficulty.......
1. Pick Scorpion
2. Spear Shang
3. Do f124
4. Repeat 2-3 until done.

And I got so fucking mad after playing online again after weeks that I had to start playing SF4 instead. I got just as mad, but at least not because the online but because I suck.

Aboolayla

Come At Me Bro
Sorry for all that, dude. Really. I don't want anyone thinking I'm a big douche or anything. I've played a few guys on here and I think they know I'm not like that, so I'm sorry for this situation. Hope all this clears anything up...
Wowowow offtopic are you that ermac i vs once with my lao and later complimented me. If so hey wuzzup man didnt know you were on tym. We shoulda vs more not just say yah hes too much cuz thats the beauty of mk. Your learn the more you play. Lol anyway good times

aj1701

Noob
Lol, i feel this. You're so close to double flawless, and a random d3 the CPU throws out ruins it.

Justice

Noob
1. Pick Scorpion
2. Spear Shang
3. Do f124
4. Repeat 2-3 until done.
Thanks for this. I saw a guide online where they had this vid and all they did was jumping neck punches all day. That got me salty cuz when I try that, it's up fireball all day long ><

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I just played a reptile that EXCLUSIVELY dashed. EXCLUSIVELY. I was playing as Raiden and won the first round. He did the second.

For the last round all he did was dash. I remember a part where he dashed 3 times in a row. Blocked the first one. Blocked the second one and ate the third.

Seriously. I hope Reptiles dash burns in digital hell.

And before you go all whiny on my ass about 'its punishable' I want to ask you? With what? Raiden is slow as balls. And a throw is still risky.

Goddamn it I salty as fuck

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I just played a reptile that EXCLUSIVELY dashed. EXCLUSIVELY. I was playing as Raiden and won the first round. He did the second.

For the last round all he did was dash. I remember a part where he dashed 3 times in a row. Blocked the first one. Blocked the second one and ate the third.

Seriously. I hope Reptiles dash burns in digital hell.

And before you go all whiny on my ass about 'its punishable' I want to ask you? With what? Raiden is slow as balls. And a throw is still risky.

Goddamn it I salty as fuck
I've started to assume that anyone who's not on TYM is just a complete dickhead.

I was the king in KOTH with a 6 win streak. Then this one player comes in.
He was honestly an extremely skilled Sub Zero player, proud to play against him.
He eventually one the match, and what does he do?

Teabags me like a boss >.< And i remember thinking both of these thoughts at the same time:

"What's your problem?"

"What the HELL DID I DO to YOU?"

Next cycle I went up against him i hid my cursor and went straight to Quan Chi.

Spoiler Alert:

I had a happily ever after :}

Bus Orez

Noob
Probably losing something close to 20 games in a row to Osu16bit on xbl a few weeks ago. Almost broke my joystick because of it lol.

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
1. As Sub-Zero, losing because Freddy can walk through my ice clones.

2. Losing to lame Kratos players who parry constantly.

So I guess the pattern is that losing to non-MK characters with shitty designs makes for more anger. :)

Shady

Noob
Just now, lost to the stupidest Jade in existance. D3 and the the pop-up into combo once I get close. Can't do shit because of the retarded ass hitbox on the D3, can't cross up because hey, Jade has wicked anti air, can't approach on the ground because the D3 trumps every single FUCKING MOVE. Can't zone because of flash....

Just dropped my controller and turned off my system. The guy was decent, like, he wasn't bad, but I don't like losing matches due to something fucking as stupid as that, just sit there and do D3 and no one can touch you bullshit.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I was pretty salty tonight after losing on stream to a broadcaster's scrubby Smoke... the input lag was ridiculous, I couldn't even hit a b2 to combo with Kit, and I started like 5 combos per round lol. And then I get the typical "excuses, excuses". I also got salty again at Sabin's kenshi. Fuck that shit.

MKK hanzo

All of us MKK Team when we play this game are always complaining and shouting stuff. The game is VERY inconsistent. I feel that it "breaks" when you want it to go faster/further.

UMK3/MKT in the other hand...

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Dude, Salty happens all the time, with every player.

You whiff an X-ray, salty.
You drop a combo, salty.
You think one move beats another, and then you find out you're wrong? Salty.

Salty: A word originating in Philadelphia generally meaning that you are feeling stupid, either because of something you did, or something that was done to you.
]
Did you get her number?
NO.
Aw man, you're feeling salty!!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I friggin' hate getting caught in Ermac's telekinetics.
It only ever happens to me online that I really fall victim to the lift/throw rinse repeat, it's like no matter when I block or where I jump,, I get snatched. Another case of "I know I'm doing this right because it works 95% of the time offline, but I can't escape it on MKO."

Fought some awesome Chileans. Then one of them broke out the Ermac. Every fucking button I pressed ended in TK's.
Although I couldnt get too mad, he did trick me up with telepunches out of the Mystic Float. I must not play enough Ermacs, cuz I'd never seen it used that way before. I just don't know I'm blocking low, dodge the Slam, and before I can even rush in to punish(which again, works consistently offline/against CPU/against humans), I'm already caught in the TK Grab.
Skilled player. Glitchly misfortune. Salt.

I got onto the Peaceful Jay stream last night, joined the KOTH lobby, and found myself fuming with salt struggling to even throw an attack with the lag. The only decent matches I had were when it was just Peaceful Impact, otherwise it drove me nuts.

I was pretty salty tonight after losing on stream to a broadcaster's scrubby Smoke... the input lag was ridiculous, I couldn't even hit a b2 to combo with Kit, and I started like 5 combos per round lol. And then I get the typical "excuses, excuses". I also got salty again at Sabin's kenshi. Fuck that shit.
I remember seeing you in the lobbies, I never saw a match of yours though. Kept getting kicked.

Enenra

Go to hell.
That damn Kung Lao can burn in hell and never get used again. ROFLROFLROFLLOWHATLOWHATLOWHATTELEPORTTELEPORTLOWHATLOWHATSPINTELEPORTROFLROFLROFLISOGEWD. Even when you beat them, you still have to put yourself through that game. And my poor Sub Zero, I swear I can hear even him cussing the douche out.

That damn Kung Lao can burn in hell and never get used again. ROFLROFLROFLLOWHATLOWHATLOWHATTELEPORTTELEPORTLOWHATLOWHATSPINTELEPORTROFLROFLROFLISOGEWD. Even when you beat them, you still have to put yourself through that game. And my poor Sub Zero, I swear I can hear even him cussing the douche out.
Dude, I literally just got done beating a guy online. The guy first picked kano, and to my instinct went "this shouldn't be too bad". He didn't know about not being able to get out of Sub's B121 string, and every time I did it(About 8 times) he got hit by the 212 into freeze into EX Puddle into more damage. I got a flawless on him the last time, we rematch and he picks KL...Low Hat, Low Hat, Tele, Spin, Low Hat, Low Hat, Tele(I 22 him and win).

This has been happening more recently...I'm not liking it at all.
~Hound

Enenra

Go to hell.
Dude, I literally just got done beating a guy online. The guy first picked kano, and to my instinct went "this shouldn't be too bad". He didn't know about not being able to get out of Sub's B121 string, and every time I did it(About 8 times) he got hit by the 212 into freeze into EX Puddle into more damage. I got a flawless on him the last time, we rematch and he picks KL...Low Hat, Low Hat, Tele, Spin, Low Hat, Low Hat, Tele(I 22 him and win).

This has been happening more recently...I'm not liking it at all.
~Hound
Yes, it is far more common now. But Noob Saibot is the bane of the noob's Kung Lao's existence.
Btw, what about the B121 not being escapable? Maybe I'm just tired, but it sounds interesting...

Yes, it is far more common now. But Noob Saibot is the bane of the noob's Kung Lao's existence.
Btw, what about the B121 not being escapable? Maybe I'm just tired, but it sounds interesting...
Yes, it is very interesting. :)
After you get a ground freeze(or after ex Puddle to leave them standing) you can do B121, and it leaves them in so much recovery, you can dash and get free chip, or more damage. Note, the only thing they can do is Block, if they try to hit you or do a move they will be hit by your string. I have just recently noticed Kung Lao can spin just when your about to hit them, but i'll have to look further into it. Be sure to hit-confirm into Freeze or Clone so you can get the most damage possible.

More than often what you will do is; 22~Freeze(or any situation when they are frozen standing) JIP B121, dash, 212~Clone.
My personal "rage-tastic" combo with this is; 22~Freeze, JIP B121, dash 212~Freeze, EX Puddle, Dash JIP B121 212~Freeze, Dash B12 212~Slide..But that's only if they don't know how to hold block. :p

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!
~Hound.