What's new

The saltiest you've ever gotten in this game? Salty stories!

First off, in many games over the years I've gotten pissed off, I'll slam the controller on the ground, scream obscenities and have even thrown a chair, but nothing comes close to the rage I get when I play MK. The saltiest for me I think happened today. I was clearly outplayed and I knew it, but of course ego set in and I just couldn't accept it. When the match was over and I got my ass handed to me by a smoke player, i was playing raiden I had controller in hand and just threw it as hard as I could against the wall. I've never seen a controller shatter like the one I had just did. It was completely obliterated, and it Sucks cause those things are expensive too.

With this defining moment in saltiness I think i've decided to break from MK cause i've felt more rage in this game than i've felt in anything in my life, and I don't know why.

So what are you guys most salty stories?

Eight

I am the salt
I get murderously angry all the fucking time in this game.

MK is gonna be the death of me.

Ulcers and heart attacks are inevitable.

Theme

Noob
Playing with my friends offline MK during the demo. My friend was beating me 55% of the time. It was just me and him and a few of my other friends and roommate watching in the room. The skill level was so close. Id beat him, he'd beat me etc. It always went to round 3 each time. We played for hours.

I was clearly getting pissed because I was Sub Zero and he was using Scorpion. At the time, I thought the Hellfire was the cheapest thing that was ever invented.

One of my friend who was watching continuously laughed and was like "OMG OWNED" etc. I knew he was kidding of course, but still, I was so salty, that I snapped at him. Everyone was having a good time while Im over here fuming while playing a video game. It was the worst. Felt bad about it too because the guy I was playing didnt even really care that much while Im sitting over here trying my hardest and shit. Not to say he didnt play to win, but just didnt take his loses or wins to seriously.

-

Oh and I also get furious when I'm playing online, beating someone continuously, then when they finally beat me when I dont pick one of my mains and then starts tea bagging then a fatality, then doesnt rematch. Lord that gets me worked up so much too.

Oh and I also get furious when I'm playing online, beating someone continuously, then when they finally beat me when I dont pick one of my mains and then starts tea bagging then a fatality, then doesnt rematch. Lord that gets me worked up so much too.
This fumes me as well. Another one that gets me is you play sombody you are learning, and you get your ass handed to you for 4 or so matches. Now of course in your head you know "ok i'm learning this guy, defeat is somthing I need to accept" but you still get angry, and you switch to your main or sombody you know. You proceed to royal rape the intricate pieces of corn out of their shit. Then they hit NO and wont play you anymore. They good with beating ur ass, but once you beat them once they leave. That kinda gets me.

First off, in many games over the years I've gotten pissed off, I'll slam the controller on the ground, scream obscenities and have even thrown a chair, but nothing comes close to the rage I get when I play MK. The saltiest for me I think happened today. I was clearly outplayed and I knew it, but of course ego set in and I just couldn't accept it. When the match was over and I got my ass handed to me by a smoke player, i was playing raiden I had controller in hand and just threw it as hard as I could against the wall. I've never seen a controller shatter like the one I had just did. It was completely obliterated, and it Sucks cause those things are expensive too.

With this defining moment in saltiness I think i've decided to break from MK cause i've felt more rage in this game than i've felt in anything in my life, and I don't know why.

So what are you guys most salty stories?
be happy you didnt throw it into the tv (did NOT happen to me but its my biggest fear). anyway i learned to keep cool. i have no idea why video game can make one rage that much, i was always a calm person in RL, even in sports. but VGs sometimes... i dont get it.

I'VE LACKED AN EMOTION THAT IS CATEGORIZED AS NEGATIVE WHILE PLAYING THIS GAME. MAYBE SOMEDAY SOMEONE WILL FORCE MY EMOTIONAL RESPONSE TO ERUPT, BUT UNTIL THEN...​

Snolla

Noob
Let them have what little gratification they need to get through the day. They know they lost the war and are just being babies.

My worst salt moment actually didn't come from this game. I'm a big MMA fan and rocked UFC Undisputed online really hard for a long time. One time a guy was lipping me hard and did beat me (poor sport, sore winner). I HATE SORE WINNERS! My controller was already half busted so I figured I'd either smash my controller or put a hole in the wall. Walked outside and smashed my shit controller all over the road. Instantly felt a bit better :)

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I foam at the fucking mouth when somebody FINALLY accepts a match with me, I scroll down the roster to pick Kenshi, and they have compatibility packs for Skarlet, Rain and Freddy. But not Kenshi.

I get angry enough if they don't have any of the compatibility packs, but to have all of the compatibility packs except for Kenshi is fucking infuriating. I can see their tampon strings from space. So then I float around the character select screen for a bit trying to decide what character won't bore me to use for two rounds, as they wait patiently to see who I pick so they can pick Scorpion. Which makes me even angrier. So I babality them and decline to rematch.

I'VE LACKED AN EMOTION THAT IS CATEGORIZED AS NEGATIVE WHILE PLAYING THIS GAME. MAYBE SOMEDAY SOMEONE WILL FORCE MY EMOTIONAL RESPONSE TO ERUPT, BUT UNTIL THEN...​
Sup bro? Seen you around the forum. It's like Billy Mays is posting at me. Seriously, I didn't know text could be so loud.

aj1701

Noob
Hmm... that kinda scares me. Usually when people are like this they snap and then calmly go shoot up their office / place of employment.

Or maybe you're just a zen master. :bigsmile:

aj1701

Noob
I haven't played offline, only online. So as you can image I do get pretty raged at times.

At worst though i've sent rage mail, and once I just squeezed my controller really hard. Now the 4th led doesn't work, and the buttons seem to sometimes miss. I've also slammed both of them on the coffee table...

Usually now though once I'm pissed i just shut it off.

I haven't played offline, only online. So as you can image I do get pretty raged at times.

At worst though i've sent rage mail, and once I just squeezed my controller really hard. Now the 4th led doesn't work, and the buttons seem to sometimes miss. I've also slammed both of them on the coffee table...

Usually now though once I'm pissed i just shut it off.
This is what i'm going to start doing. One thing I started doing was every time I lost and got salty I had to do 20 pushups. Wish I had done those pushups in retrospect before I tossed the controller lol.

aj1701

Noob
This is what i'm going to start doing. One thing I started doing was every time I lost and got salty I had to do 20 pushups. Wish I had done those pushups in retrospect before I tossed the controller lol.
Lol, good idea. Maybe I should do that too. It sucks to have to fix / replace something you broke on your own, and I don't want to bother with that. I just shelled out for an AIAB controller, and I really don't want to mess that thing up when it gets here!

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I don't ever get salty really. I'm trying to get better so if someone beats me then it just means I have more to learn and kinda makes me happy really that I can see where I need to improve.

That being said... i LOVE trash talking on xbox live.

Loot

the special effects
This guy is quickly becoming one of my favorite posters. My only real salt is VB pressure not working on Reptile.

timmo

Noob
@ the original poster i fort one no wat ur talking about with controllers i have gone trough 2 ps3 pads and a PDP fight stick coz of this game i have no idea wat it is about this game it the only one i get salty with the thing is if a friend online beats me i can take it but when its ppl i dont no i just lose control and throw the controller at wat ever is near to me i am now using a ps2 pad lets hope i can keep my rage down to save my pads and money lol

Kombo

Noob
Almost everybody has sent a ragemail or ragequit at least once in this game. Anybody who says the hasn't is just lying.

I really can't just name one moment where I have been salty in this game. I basically turn into a can of Mortons salt everytime I go online.

The saltiest or "Pissed off" I have ever been in this game, has been the past two days.
Two days ago, Played 5 ranked matches.
Scorpion spammer, Smoke spammer, Noob spammer, Scorpion spammer, then Sindel spammer.
I(barely) won to all except the sindel spammer...I hate them. Low, High, Air, Low, High, Air.
Then when you get closer it's low, Overhead special rinse and repeat. I hate it.

Today.....
I played a scorpion player...the guy was good, knew his combos, his jump-in 50/50's fairly well, I had respect for him.
I lost the first match, The douche-bag fucking Tea-bag's/l2 dash l2 dash l2/Crossover until the timer went out!....I lost all respect.
I let my emotions get to me, lost the next 20 matches, continued to put up with that stupid shit.
Last match, he taunted me....Repeatedly jumped back so I couldn't catch him...
I was pissed. I punched a wall, and damn near broke my knuckles. The walls fine...The walls fine.

But yeah...I almost stopped playing the game because of it. But nope.
That is probably my #2 spot of "How pissed can you get?".

I'm done with online unless I'm playing people I know from TYM.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
Online in general, SC and MK.
Stuff makes me curse through clenched teeth.
No pad casualties yet. But i smoke a lot of cigarrettes when i get mad at either online, my obnoxious opponent or my own stupidity.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
A few days after I got this game, I thought I was the shit because I learned a 36% Sektor combo. I challenged my noob friend and said I'll teach him a thing or two. He beat me twice with Johnny Cage using jump kicks, shadow kick, and normal jabs. I left the room and pissed on his shoes.