What's new

The saltiest you've ever gotten in this game? Salty stories!

Bear

Noob
Saltiest moment: Losing to a sindel.
i stood up threw my controller at the ground and broke my trigger buttons, now i cannot block.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Yes, it is very interesting. :)
After you get a ground freeze(or after ex Puddle to leave them standing) you can do B121, and it leaves them in so much recovery, you can dash and get free chip, or more damage. Note, the only thing they can do is Block, if they try to hit you or do a move they will be hit by your string. I have just recently noticed Kung Lao can spin just when your about to hit them, but i'll have to look further into it. Be sure to hit-confirm into Freeze or Clone so you can get the most damage possible.

More than often what you will do is; 22~Freeze(or any situation when they are frozen standing) JIP B121, dash, 212~Clone.
My personal "rage-tastic" combo with this is; 22~Freeze, JIP B121, dash 212~Freeze, EX Puddle, Dash JIP B121 212~Freeze, Dash B12 212~Slide..But that's only if they don't know how to hold block. :p

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!
~Hound.
Thanks man! I am learning Sub Zero. He is already my favorite, and I want to be more than "decent" with him. Sometime I'd like to rep him at tournaments. One step at a time though... ;)

Thanks man! I am learning Sub Zero. He is already my favorite, and I want to be more than "decent" with him. Sometime I'd like to rep him at tournaments. One step at a time though... ;)
Nice. :)
He's been my favorite since I first touched MK1 at the age of 2. There is a lot to learn with sub-zero, most of it is covered in the sub forums. After the patch comes out me(or some other people) are going to clean it up a bit and make it more "readable".

Good luck man!

On Topic: I just loss to a Sindel "spammer".... I hate playing against zoner's such as Sindel, Kabal, and Kitana. And the new Sub-zero patch will just barely help with that.

SUBBY KNEED'Z MOAR BUF'Z!(Joking...he needs no damn buff, nor buffS.)
~Hound

Enenra

Go to hell.
Nice. :)
He's been my favorite since I first touched MK1 at the age of 2. There is a lot to learn with sub-zero, most of it is covered in the sub forums. After the patch comes out me(or some other people) are going to clean it up a bit and make it more "readable".

Good luck man!

On Topic: I just loss to a Sindel "spammer".... I hate playing against zoner's such as Sindel, Kabal, and Kitana. And the new Sub-zero patch will just barely help with that.

SUBBY KNEED'Z MOAR BUF'Z!(Joking...he needs no damn buff, nor buffS.)
~Hound
Thank the Virgin freaking Mary. Things are a mess.
As for buffs? Iceball needs chip :deadhorse:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Saltiest moment: Losing to a sindel.
i stood up threw my controller at the ground and broke my trigger buttons, now i cannot block.
There was a fellow...Manhattan420.
Had without a doubt the most solid Sindel I've ever played.
Normally, Sindel + Defeat = Salt, but the guy knew her so well, I couldn't even get mad.
It's like having a $$$ fight with a Noob that actually KNOWS the character instead of chucking clones with every tap of the buttons.

What gets me salty? The fact that my EX Bomb/Mid Grenade/Uppercut rarely ever works online.
I'll get the uppercut on time, but when he lands on the bomb, it either whiffs completely, or he pops too late.
95% of the time, unless the connection is perfect. It's ass.

Name was ObeyUrMaster on XBL

Have fun.

I mean, you tried to do combos. He tried to dash.

Oh god I hate playing this guy. I typically beat him pretty badly but once in a while I lose to dash spam and think, "What the fuck? Did I really just lose to that?"

I got a little salty yesterday.

This guy's using noob and I use Kabal. He just teleports the whole fucking game and he used 3 xrays because all he does is shadow slide, shadow slide, teleport attempt, I couldn't get anywhere near him. He sent me a msg saying these exact words - "betta go practice som mor wit kebal or ya gettin yo ass wooped next time by my big pro noob haha scrub!" I was laughing my ass off. I just sent - "OK!".

Sad to see the Online xbox community sucks so much ass.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Beat this guys spamming Baraka.
Next KOTH cycle, he spams with Sindel, barely beating my Quan Chi.

Apparantly, im "probably gay" and "when i like him again, he'll go get more milk for my bottle."

-.- smh his name was BLUIRAY, if curious. Jesus...

Someone want to sit me down and have a talk about why 90% of this online community is garbage?
I seriously never go to the Chaosrealm anymore, because
-if you win, you get shit talked
-if you lose, they either run or teabag you.

So here i go, challenging someone whos 2000-300 thinking im getting a treat of experience...oh wait, they picked Kano...>.<

Beat this guys spamming Baraka.
Next KOTH cycle, he spams with Sindel, barely beating my Quan Chi.

Apparantly, im "probably gay" and "when i like him again, he'll go get more milk for my bottle."

-.- smh his name was BLUIRAY, if curious. Jesus...

Someone want to sit me down and have a talk about why 90% of this online community is garbage?
I seriously never go to the Chaosrealm anymore, because
-if you win, you get shit talked
-if you lose, they either run or teabag you.

So here i go, challenging someone whos 2000-300 thinking im getting a treat of experience...oh wait, they picked Kano...>.<
HEY HEY I MAIN KANO you bastard! He isn't anything special, people just seem caught up in the old upball nonsense.

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
HEY HEY I MAIN KANO you bastard! He isn't anything special, people just seem caught up in the old upball nonsense.
Yeah, he's a B-tier character as of now. If Kano is a character you struggle with, there's no use sugarcoating it: You = bad. And not in the "bad means good" way. Just the regular old dictionary "bad."

You don't have to tell me Kanos good, i realize this :p and i have faced some actual Kano mainers.
too bad people abuse him :/
Kano's a good character in the right hand's, as are many of the characters. But a Kano online=shit.(No offence.)
The only kano's I have faced spam upball, forward ball, and knife from full screen away...Know, to my knowledge, kano is an ok rushdown. Why don't I see more of that, Why are online people so convinced that they are "good" that they don't want to learn more about the game(the mechanics) or the character they play. After I got two "Technical" Flawless victories on this guy, I was nice enough to rematch to see if he had learned his mistakes. The douche bag pick kung lao.... Low hat, Low Hat, hat, hat, teleport. Good thing I know how to punish that damn teleport with sub-zero.

Online Kommunity is terrible and disrespectful, I only go online to see how I am doing with my sub-zero/cyber sub-zero.
Don't go online expecting good people and getting Disappointed when a tea-bagger comes along..
Go online expecting stupid shit and enjoiy yourself some 20-30 games when a good player comes along(with good connection if possible).

Have a great day.
~Hound

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Sirsocksalot.

Best Human Cyrax fighter I've faced thus far. Actually made me want to give the suit a try.

That being said, I found it complete bullshit that he was hitting the BnB's perfectly, move for move, when not only can I NEVER even so much as get them to bounce off the mid-grenade (more than half the time I'm slamming 2 just to try and get the uppercut out on time, but it fails more often than not), I couldn't so much as punish off of blocks or capitalize on his teleport without him getting the lag advantage and creaming me. Literally everything leaned in his advantage. Like I said, he knew his stuff for sure, so I'm not trying to take away from him at all, but in our 3 or 4 fights, I don't think there was one round any of my shit came out the way it was supposed to.
It was still a good session if only because the rounds I got, I got with small kombat, anti-airs, ragdolls, throws, etc., so on the one hand it was contributive to my altogether fight skill to be fighting fights dependant on little bits and pieces rather than full onslaughts...but on the other hand, it pissed me off to an infinite lack of end that my character seems to work online for everyone but me.
At least I know I'm not crazy now and it really is the connection putting the screws to me.

SAVEUS.NRS
(This is getting ridiculous :salty:)

EDIT: And again it happens with some little bastard and his Baraka.
Every combo he throws out lands without fail, every punish I try to throw has its frames slowed down just enough for him to answer with his own combos. I don't mind losing, I don't mind losing to Baraka, but when it gets to the point that half the maneuvers I'm throwing out aren't even registering, let alone landing, it's infuriating.
I'm sorry, but this is a bit more than just salt at this point. If you're gonna release a game with no other alternatives for improvement other a barely-challenging CPU, you REALLY oughta make sure your Online service isn't completely and utterly inconsistent. I know I'm preaching to the quire, I just felt the need to throw that out there.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Got pretty salty after playing a good Cyrax player with my Kit. It was a nightmare and was basically playing dodgeball for 90% of the match and felt like I couldn't jump AT ALL, I couldn't use fans AT ALL and the only chance I got was when I managed to rush him down a little. It was really hard work and lost around 4 or 5 matches in row, getting slightly better each time (The important thing right?)

Eventually I take a round from him and was pleased I stuck around for such a pasting. The next round he breaks out the resets and am dead with two mistakes. So annoying that he felt like he had to use them.

/end saltiness

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
anytime I muscle memory cross over Mileena and whiff because of d4. I even say while i'm jumping "you have to kick" and i still Punch. I'm literally salty at myself!!!

Big Frog

Noob
I think a lot of people go through what happened to you last night, Digi. We all just don't have a chance to stream it live lol

Noticed alot people that will join your game, you'll pick a lesser player you arent' very good with and the opponent with the subpar record beats you and they immediately quit. That gets me a bit. My records pretty good but i'm by no means a good player, but come on player match is for playing matches not 1 match and quit, at least give me a 2 out of 3?

Just played this fucking sonya online. All she did was jump and dive kick into spamming 4, or d4. With lag I was too agressive and got my ass handed to me. Bitch is quick but fuck was I mad.

Problem is I've played and destroyed much higher level sonyas than this spamming fuck. I coulldnt even jump over into kick out of her d4. Id get upper cut every fucking time. I'm just going to chalk this one up to out fucking played and i'm a godamn scrub. Fuck that bitch. FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I don't even remember what it was, probably just a bad night that i kept losing to cheap shit but I never knew a ps3 controller shatters so badly until that night. An expensive salty moment for me there.

Panque

Random foreign guy
I broke a cheap 10$ usb controller in half with a punch some time ago when I was getting started with this game. My PS3 controller is broken too, but that was accidental.
Now that most of the cheap stuff in the game doesn't works against me anymore, I don't get half as salty as I used to.