What's new

The saltiest you've ever gotten in this game? Salty stories!

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Well, that match wasn't really laggy and I knew Jade could be really effective in the right hands, but I'd never seen a Jade like that. She literally had an answer for every one of my advances and I just could not get through. I had to hold myself back from hurling my controller through my TV. I was so salty, I could melt a sidewalk.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Oh here is a good one today:
So I played a Sonya with a pretty good record. I know I could go Noob or Sub for the free win, but I chose Scorp. Homegirl gets stuck in the vortex, I get in some damage, and then she finally guesses right. Then the salt begins. She had a jedi uppercut, she knows when you're going to advance, jump, etc. Divekick timing would piss yoda off. She barely, BARELY pulls out the w. I rematch, and as soon as the vortex gets going off of an AA spear the lag spikes up. Aish. She wins, drags her lady parts all over the ground, fails to do the fatality, declines rematch. Like o mai GAWD.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
JC, Mileena, Kung Lao, and Kitana aren't cheap... Raiden isn't even cheap, just his teleporting nonsense is IMO. Cyrax isnt either, unless youre talking about the resets, in which case, just dont get caught in the net. But yeah, I agree about not being able to fight against a player you know you can beat, but because he either denies or its because of Ranked.

Everyones got their bad days, thats for sure. You're human, it happens. As for strangling babies, look at your signature and your good :D
Well JC frametraps, Mileena D4 ect shenanagins, Kung lao is just annoying and Kitana is just the bane of my existance one because I just personaly have a problem fighting her, and also because most of my charecters are at disadvantage or BIG disadvantage to her.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
My sodium levels are also higher online. It's because I can't see them. In my mind they're super cocky and talking hella shit on their end and it pisses me off.
LOL! So fucking true. Kind of how horror movie monsters are always scarier in your mind than they are on screen.

lol My bro was hella salty a while back. Jade kept doing her shadow kick over and over, and because of lag my bro couldn't punish it. (He was using cyrax, and he isn't all that good honestly....his fault mainly :p)

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I'm starting to get awfully salty at people who challenge ME, request rematches multiple times, and after the set is over and I send them a GGs message, they bitch about the lag they experienced or make some other excuse. It's like, you saw my connection before challenging me; you knew what you were in for. Furthermore, why are you requesting rematches if it's so unplayable? It's even more frustrating when you have even sets with such people, and they act as though they should have won more games, but couldn't AA or some crap because of the lag. Maybe they're right, but keep that crap to yourself and either send a GGs message, or ignore mine altogether. It's online. If you're really trying hard to prove yourself here, you should check yourself.

/rant

As a Cage user I get pissed off at defensive sub zero's, back-peddling sindels, sonya gets under my skin simply because I need more experience with good sonya players.

But the absolute worst for me is someone ( that doesn't main cage) that out-pressures my cage with theirs.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
lol My bro was hella salty a while back. Jade kept doing her shadow kick over and over, and because of lag my bro couldn't punish it.
Happened to me today. Twice.
All my internet-based stuff = running smooth as silk = no laggy Box. Hooray!
Fought a couple of randoms, didnt do too badly, and again, nothing terrible in the lag department. Hooray!
Seemed like a good idea at the time when I saw them pick Jade because IMO she's a much harder fight for Cyrax/Cyblax than she gets credit for, so I was all hey, thats convienient, some matchy learny time. "Hooray!", right?

Wrong.

Nothing worked. Fucking nothing.
111, Buzz Saw, EX Kick - Shadow Kick beat it.
"Invincible" Wakeups - Shadow kick beat it.
CLEARLY FUCKING STANDING AND BLOCKING FAST ENOUGH FOR IT NOT TO BEAT IT - Shadow Kick beat it.
2 games, I gave up, went looking. Found ANOTHER Jade. Prayed for a better connection.
Same fucking thing. Nothing but Shadow Kicks. Nothing I do works to stop it.
I want to go find a Raggedy Ann doll, paint it green, and choke it until its fucking head pops off.

-_- <---- Frustrated.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
At NEC I found out my converter stopped working during my Loser's Bracket match. I could not press the left direction 100% of the time, so forceballs, elbow dash and spit would not come out sometimes. I was fighting Balack Momba (Cyrax player) who whooped my ass the first set then I asked my friend to borrow his converter and he still beat me the second set. I don't know if the converter was messed up during my match with Detroit, but it was painfully obvious against Balack. I do think he would have beaten me anyways, but see myself doing 3 from full screen several times in a row is frustrating when it's supposed to be a forceball.

I don't really get salty at people but when I lose a close match I do get disappointed in myself so any salt I do have is aimed at myself and not the game/opponent.

Zaibel

Noob
I have two instances that tie, actually.

First instance:

Recently, I decided to complete story mode again just to do it. Like last time, I was having a relatively good run until the last fight. However, the final boss fight seemed ridiculously hard this time around. Honestly, I suck with Raiden to begin with and having to fight Shao Kahn again on this crazy setting made things worse. The bastard kept spamming his stupid hammer and his barricade (where he rushes forward), and since both stuns, I really couldn't do anything. I figured I'd jump the hammer. Didn't work. I then figured I'd teleport out of the way. Also didn't work. With each failed attempt at fighting Jerkface Kahn, I'm just getting angrier and angrier until I finally just lash out and start yelling profanities at the screen. I remember yelling out, "Alright you f****** bastard! Gimme your damn hammer and let me bash you over the f****** head with it! Lemme smash you in the d*ck a couple of times and see how you f****** like it!" After a few more failed tries (and more profanity) I finally beat the bastard by teleporting and doing Raiden's fly move.

Second instance:

My friend and I are doing one vs. one on two-player. He's playing as Noob Saibot, which I wanted to choose since I actually know most of Noob’s moves. Since Noob was taken and I hate fighting against the character I chose, I decided to pick Kitana since I'm pretty good with her. My friend kept spamming teleport and Shadow Charge. Eventually I got tired of him getting around my timed out blocks and attacks, that I threw my controller at his face and yelled at him to stop "blocking like a b**** and spamming teleport and learn the f****** moves".

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Gotta say, the saltiest Ive gotten, was when I first started playing and my lame flowchart scorp tactics stopped working :D I started losing all over the place cause I had no idea how to set up his votex game or how to air-to-air into vortex setups. Made me put the game down for a bout a week or two, then I picked up a new character and haven't gotten salty since. :D...well, maybe a little

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Gotta say, the saltiest Ive gotten, was when I first started playing and my lame flowchart scorp tactics stopped working :D I started losing all over the place cause I had no idea how to set up his votex game or how to air-to-air into vortex setups. Made me put the game down for a bout a week or two, then I picked up a new character and haven't gotten salty since. :D...well, maybe a little
Dude, it's so much worse losing the round after whiffing the F4~spear with it's massive recovery and eating a 40% combo lol. Scorpion's fun but my god, his whiffed spear recovery is redonkilous. I love the vortex but man, what a gamble that shit is! lol

Can't really get mad at it though, it's like going to Vegas; sometimes lady luck just isn't on your side.

I threw my controller at his face and yelled at him to stop "blocking like a b**** and spamming teleport and learn the f****** moves".
Dude, how old are you?! That's something I would've done to a friend when I was like 10 years old.

As a Cage user I get pissed off at defensive sub zero's, back-peddling sindels, sonya gets under my skin simply because I need more experience with good sonya players.

But the absolute worst for me is someone ( that doesn't main cage) that out-pressures my cage with theirs.
Cage just has too many shitty matchups man. SZ vs JC is 100% life lead turtling wait for the clock to hit 0 BS, hate that MU. His EX shadow kick is bugged half the time and it only further knocks the opponent zoning him further away to further aggravate you, etc. His projectile is worthless. He's a good pocket character but he's a shitty main. Getting blown up by other Cage players is stupid too since it really comes down to who starts pressuring first.

A random cage who throws out fucked up dumb shit beats me every time because I'm always sitting there thinking "Where are the nut punch resets, dude? This is some unconventional bullshit! How the hell am I losing?!"

beef_supreme said:
Hell yeah it is, BTW, we need to get some sub/scorp v sektor matches in bro. Im dusiting scorpion off and trying to actually main him with sub as well :D. OG ninjas FTW
Oh god, I haven't played Sek in forever; I feel like I'm changing characters twice a week now haha

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Dude, it's so much worse losing the round after whiffing the F4~spear with it's massive recovery and eating a 40% combo lol. Scorpion's fun but my god, his whiffed spear recovery is redonkilous. I love the vortex but man, what a gamble that shit is! lol

Can't really get mad at it though, it's like going to Vegas; sometimes lady luck just isn't on your side.
Hell yeah it is, BTW, we need to get some sub/scorp v sektor matches in bro. Im dusiting scorpion off and trying to actually main him with sub as well :D. OG ninjas FTW

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance

Dude, how old are you?! That's something I would've done to a friend when I was like 10 years old.

Cage just has too many shitty matchups man. SZ vs JC is 100% life lead turtling wait for the clock to hit 0 BS, hate that MU. His EX shadow kick is bugged half the time and it only further knocks the opponent zoning him further away to further aggravate you, etc. His projectile is worthless. He's a good pocket character but he's a shitty main. Getting blown up by other Cage players is stupid too since it really comes down to who starts pressuring first.

A random cage who throws out fucked up dumb shit beats me every time because I'm always sitting there thinking "Where are the nut punch resets, dude? This is some unconventional bullshit! How the hell am I losing?!"

Oh god, I haven't played Sek in forever; I feel like I'm changing characters twice a week now haha
Well, aight, you twisted my arm. Ill play your reptile :D

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
" Salty Sonya". If you can't handle salt, don't try this at home..[Doing it with Sektor doesn't count. Sektor= Shao Kahn Worst-matchup :p ]

NO BLOCKING... 5 ROUNDS!