What's new

The Newest Mortal Kombat (9) Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

Noob
Tyrant and cd jr have showed us what jax can do. Players like eric warda have hinted he might be the best in the game. he is definitely s tier. why is sub zero A+ tier? Raiden, kabal, kitana, mileena, sektor, kenshi are bad match ups and any character that is remotely good at zoning give him a really hard time. His corner game is probably the best in the game, his freezing buff made him better but the dash nerf killed him. he is definitely not a+ tier. I think him and cage should be b rank or at least in the same rank. both get shut down by zoners but are extremely good ones up close

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
well thats why you play Jax to win and see the american flag wrapped around your bloody and beaten body,

but then again im Jamaican so it doesnt concern me, LOVE your SIG
Everytime he drapes that sexy ass flag around his body I actually ejaculate in my pants with the power of the fist of the north star. I have to go outside and get fresh air otherwise I might pass out just by experiencing its overwhelming beauty, the rich red stripes that pass from one side to the other make my heart sink knowing I will never live in such a country. I'm not afraid to admit it. Losing a match angers me, not because I'm being outplayed but because I wont be able to see the flag that has inspired the world. Where would we all be with the land of the free? God bless America.

Everytime he drapes that sexy ass flag around his body I actually ejaculate in my pants with the power of the fist of the north star. I have to go outside and get fresh air otherwise I might pass out just by experiencing its overwhelming beauty, the rich red stripes that pass from one side to the other make my heart sink knowing I will never live in such a country. I'm not afraid to admit it. Losing a match angers me, not because I'm being outplayed but because I wont be able to see the flag that has inspired the world. Where would we all be with the land of the free? God bless America.
This, but unironically.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Very true, Simon. And not just armoring through Raiden's strings, but certain characters abusing low hitbox normals vs said strings. Reptile, Mileena and Sonya can d4 through Raiden's launcher strings, heavily reducing what he can do. It's small things like that, alongside other things such as knowing where characters can cut off Reptile's options and what said options in the situation that these other characters have, so on and so forth...as time goes on, people will become more precise and certain things that were originally Jedi status become more of standard fare. This in itself changes a lot, as we've seen with DeeJay in ST finally jumping to top tier because of said precision in the smallest instances.

I'm looking forward to MK9's tier list in a few years. :)

AC1984

Kaballin!
Absolutely agreed with THTB!!!

P.S. Erik Warda didnt hint shit. Erik told me that he personally has problems with the Jax matchup. However he still thinks that Kabal owns him. After you see all top Kabal players failing against Jax over and over and over again, then talk about Jax being the best.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Ok, so Sub-Zero is 3-4 bad matches. I feel like Jade is bad match for Sub-zero: he can't zone, when he gets in Jade has armored flash kick which sends him to fullscreen and armored overhead staff which gives 25%+ damage and sends fullscreen; clone and ice fireball (lol) don't work; I can poke out of his strings and send him fullscreen with flash-kick (be it regular or armore) and I really don't need to be in his face; low rang stuffs his ground game (which is slide); don't get me wrong, good Subs rape me but more often I do, even knowing I'm not very good in general.
Now, add Kabal, Freddy and Mileena and you have your max 4 bad match-ups. Add more which I don't know of and he's not A+ anymore (right now I'm thinking of Raiden).
Don't want to offend anyone or something, but I don't feel like he is in the right place. What I do feel, is that Tom Brady makes him be in this place.
So I'm waiting for someone to get my green gem higher.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
REO makes a convincing arguement. I have given in to the GREATEST COUTNRY IN THE WORLD, and I hope my other fellow europeans do too. Hail Jesus.
Join us. Well, join us in spirit only. After all, this is America... so like... Fuck immigrants and shit.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Ok, so Sub-Zero is 3-4 bad matches. I feel like Jade is bad match for Sub-zero: he can't zone, when he gets in Jade has armored flash kick which sends him to fullscreen and armored overhead staff which gives 25%+ damage and sends fullscreen; clone and ice fireball (lol) don't work; I can poke out of his strings and send him fullscreen with flash-kick (be it regular or armore) and I really don't need to be in his face; low rang stuffs his ground game (which is slide); don't get me wrong, good Subs rape me but more often I do, even knowing I'm not very good in general.
Now, add Kabal, Freddy and Mileena and you have your max 4 bad match-ups. Add more which I don't know of and he's not A+ anymore (right now I'm thinking of Raiden).
Don't want to offend anyone or something, but I don't feel like he is in the right place. What I do feel, is that Tom Brady makes him be in this place.
So I'm waiting for someone to get my green gem higher.
The thing about Jade is that she doesn't keep you out, at all. Any character can just patiently move their way in, and Jade HAS to hit you to get you back out. She can't afford to let you block something, because she's almost always heavily disadvantaged on block for everything that is meant to keep out. Anything that doesn't specifically keep out is what's not serious disadvantage. The biggest thing Sub loses is trying to actually keep Jade away. Jade can't really do the same, though, and has worse offense and footsies. That's what's wrong with Jade in general...there's no fear of her keepaway because you eventually work your way in if you're patient. She can never really play a match on keepaway, and she doesn't have a solid offense to give her a Plan B.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
[MENTION=16]REO[/MENTION]

I challenge you to a fishing contest

AdmiralAugustus' fly fishing pole: 7

REO's lame ass spin reel: 3

7:3 matchup, good luck.

P.S. Metzo, can you post a video of punishing instant aerial sais with Ermac's teleport? I've never been able to do it, and I just wanna see it done.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I have been browsing the TYM for months by now and I have always quite appreciated the amount of helpful information that is being shared.

However - as a European - I feel offended by this thread. Personally I quite agree with everything m2dave or REO say. It´s just that I don´t like the way they say it. It may be true that only a few top-players are able to understand the reasons behind this tier-discussion. It´s ok, if just these four players sit together, have some beer and discuss their tier-list. However, once they start a public thread, they have to accept statements from other players as well and I think, noone shall be bashed for trying to make a point. This is, what a community is all about: "exchange". Even though some statements of metzos or other European players may be very wrong, you should still encourage everyone to post different opinions. At leat as long as people think, that their postings would bring the discussion forward.

Personally I would consider myself being far away from being a top player; thus I won´t be able to add anything of value to the tierdiscussion. However if I (!) thought I could do so, I'd still consider it my right to disagree. Even if my reasons for doing so make no point... then it´s up to you to either ignore me, to prove me wrong ot to not start a thread like this at all! In a friendly community noone is being bashed for trying to contribute... :)

You have to respect effort alone!

That being said, I´d like to add a "Thank you" for everyone who has produced an argument in this discussion...

edit: REO is funny though :)

Past

Noob
The thing about Jade is that she doesn't keep you out, at all. Any character can just patiently move their way in, and Jade HAS to hit you to get you back out. She can't afford to let you block something, because she's almost always heavily disadvantaged on block for everything that is meant to keep out. Anything that doesn't specifically keep out is what's not serious disadvantage. The biggest thing Sub loses is trying to actually keep Jade away. Jade can't really do the same, though, and has worse offense and footsies. That's what's wrong with Jade in general...there's no fear of her keepaway because you eventually work your way in if you're patient. She can never really play a match on keepaway, and she doesn't have a solid offense to give her a Plan B.
Jade's footsies are just as good as Sub's. Just like how Sub can d4~clone, Jade can d4~staff grab. Sub can't risk throwing fireballs since it can be punished on reaction. That being said I thinks it is a fair matchup for both characters.
However, I do believe that her gameplay design (I don't think even believe NRS even had one) creates many bad matchups, however, 11+ generates a lot of concern and will turn people away from a character that no one picked in the first place. That why I want to know what's going on.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Update: 11/04/11 - changed some of the format of the tier list ; added bad match up information below (first post)

Dann

Noob
One thing that I liked About this patch and armor moves is that it made every character viable. I don't think there's is a worst character per say. Jade has amazing tools that can make her a serious threat to any character. she's just unexplored. Back to my main point. How is sub zero A+ tier? He's enhanced slide can be blocked and the dash nerf makes it tough for him to get in on any character. Erase d tier and fix sub zero's placement. As much as I like him he is definitely not A+ tier.

Panque

Random foreign guy
I might be terribly wrong, but wasn't Smoke considered to be a bad matchup for Sektor?

[MENTION=4211]OmegaK[/MENTION] Most epic sign EVAR. All Hail!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Sonya must be a mad matchup for Reptile, she beats him fullscreen (except acid spit) and point blank, other than that they're gonna be within reptiles dash range which can be punished.

IDK why you think Sonya beats KL though? The low hitbox arguement dont really count because so many other characters can poke him out of his strings.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Why isn't Kung Lao listed as one of Sheeva's bad matchups?

Status
Not open for further replies.