What's new

The Newest Mortal Kombat (9) Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Fucking racist

Seriously tho, I don't think Noob has to guess that much at all, at least not as much as sub has... safe upknee scraps most of Sub-Zero's options, aside from trowing an Ice Blast which is quite an unsafe thing to do. The reward is not that great either since Sub's damage output is low. I also find zoning to be much easier and safer than pressuring, but that might be just me.

I don't have much luck when trying to corner Baraka. Baraka can stuff clone without meter and has no trouble to come close and pressure when needing a life lead, while sub seems to have a VERY hard time to get near a turtling Baraka. The spin works great against jump-ins and that chop-chop attack can punish your D4 pressure on wakeup. This matchup sure isn't 3-7, but imo it's another one where sub has to work harder than his opponent. I'd say it's easily 4-6.
Noob has to guess a TON. If you knock Noob down and don't clone... he has NO idea what you are going to do. You basically can wait for a wakeup attack... and if he doesn't, you get to pressure. Sub does more damage than noob on average, and really thats a silly argument. Longer freeze lets sub trade favorably more often.

D4 kills Baraka. You shouldn't really eat a wakeup chop chop. You shouldn't clone immediately after knock down either... as the recovery will make you eat an exBLade. Just like Noob, if you stand there and wait, you are at the advantage. Spin is killed by d4... a blocked blade charge leads to Sub pressure.
The 5-5 with him comes with the reads you must make to get in there, if you make a few bad reads then you are going to have to take more risks. It goes both ways, which is why neither is at advantage.

Hey m2dave, could you quickly outline the bad match ups for sektor for me. I don't really agree with Mileena being a bad match up for him or Raiden, but I want to see what you have to say before I say anything more about it.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Why would Mileena use the telekick unless she sees Cage toss a projectile? Why would she roll unless she sees Cage whiff something at mid range? How can f+3 beat a properly spaced d+4 when d+4 has twice the range of f+3? Why would Mileena use iaSBs at mid range when she can just use d+4 to keep Cage at bay? Why would Mileena ever jump on Cage when she beats him in footsies?

Did you know that you can still set up the forceball trap via 1,3 and then continue pressuring? Did you know that Ermac's 3,1,2 is irrelevant vs Cage because of his small crouching hitbox, so why would you waste meter on EX nutpunches?

No.

This is precisely what I mean. Some of you guys do not play the match ups, or perhaps you do, but your competition, at least versus that particular character, is subpar. Then when REO and I say so, you guys call us egotistical American players. Your entire post is nothing but theory, and I think you made REO stopped posting for a while. LOL.
You saying that Mileena can telekick Cages projectile on reaction is the same as how you said Ermac cant iatp against mileenas ias, so whats it gonna be?
Cage can either whiff punish a d4 or block the D4 into his own advantage for F3.

Did you know that the 1 3 forceball trap sucks? You cant hit confirm it because if the opponent is aware of it they can just always take the 3 and not get hit by the forceballs and punish with a combo? Did you know that ANY string that can end up in a safe jump is worthy to take note of? It jails anyway, you cant be crouch blocking the entire fight can you?

Maybe your competition with certain characters is subpar? Dont care if you're playing REO or Brady or whoever, we know theyre not top notch with EVERY character in the game so that means that you dont know how to play them to their fullest. Obviously you guys are sick with your respective characters though which is where your inputs are actually valid.

You come off as egotistical because you write a list up and expect every other player to listen to you and not have a say in it. When some of us are better with the characters you're ranking and know certain things about matchups that you dont. You've gotta be realistic here, the 4 of you dont know this game inside and out because nobody does and i'm pretty sure nobody even knows 100% of their characters abilities by now, no matter how much time we've spent looking at and testing things.

Past

Noob
1. I still don't see Nightwolf in the list of Jade's bad matchups. Why?

2. Jade is a bad matchup for Noob and Shang Tsung.

I still feel like Sektor is being oversold. There are a number of bad match-ups (Jax, Smoke, Kitana) and some of the ones that are listed (Kabal, Sub-Zero) the Sektor community feel are even at worst. But even if you subtract those two and add the other three it still leaves him at B teir.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
A F0xy Grampa said:
You saying that Mileena can telekick Cages projectile on reaction is the same as how you said Ermac cant iatp against mileenas ias, so whats it gonna be?
Yes, because Mileena's instant aerial sai blast has the same recovery as Cage's projectiles do, right? Besides, Mileena's telekick has a quicker start up than Ermac's teleport does, even when it is performed instantly in the air. Why are you even comparing these moves? I honestly do not understand why Cage players take you seriously. A lot of statements of yours reek of bull shit, and this is definitely one of them.

A F0xy Grampa said:
Cage can either whiff punish a d4 or block the D4 into his own advantage for F3.
Cage cannot whiff punish a properly spaced d+4 with anything but an EX shadow kick. Also, you are not in range to frame trap Mileena when the player is spacing d+4 appropriately.

A F0xy Grampa said:
Did you know that the 1 3 forceball trap sucks? You cant hit confirm it because if the opponent is aware of it they can just always take the 3 and not get hit by the forceballs and punish with a combo? Did you know that ANY string that can end up in a safe jump is worthy to take note of? It jails anyway, you cant be crouch blocking the entire fight can you?
I will test your claims because you are anything but a good source of information.

Crathen

Death is my business
[MENTION=27]m2dave[/MENTION]
I can speak for the Sektors bad MU , Mileena and Raiden are bad matchups for sure , Mileena being the worst , both 4-6.

However Kabal and Sub Zero are not bad matchups , both 5-5 imho , Kabal can't really zone Sektor with Iagb at fullscreen because of Iatu and i'm not saying you can do it on reaction but just having it he has to respect it wich means no Iagb wall , also a timed upmissile goes under 1 Iagb ( and you can react to it ) wich means Kabal can surely do 1 iagb and wait to bait a iatu but Sektor can choose to Um and get a little zoning lead IF Kabal doesn't commit to machineguns Iagb ( and if he does Iatu will take 30+ of his health ) so at fullscreen it's an even situation.

Upclose , Sektor has a good keepout that can handle Kabal and Ndc pressure is a risk on Sektor because of his standing 1 wich leads to 40+ combos , and while you could lowpoke ( d3 or d4 ) him he can block and punish hard any Kabals strings followup so its all about reads.

On the Oki side they are pretty even , Kabal can pressure Sektor hard with f32 / d4 on WA and Sektors upmissiles setups works wonders against Kabal so it's a pretty even matchup considering all of this.

Gonna write on the SZ Mu when i got time and if Tom feels like discussing it he's free to do that on the Sektor forum , i'm not REALLY sure about that MU but both have answers to their opponent gameplan.

If you want to add something feel free to put up a discussion in the Kabal/Sektor forum , this thread isn't good for MU discussion and it would be probably lost in a few weeks anyways.

Past

Noob
Really? I feel Jade and Nightwolf break even..Care to explain??
Nightwolf has faster, better normals/strings than Jade. That and lighting/shoulder mixups are also effective against her makes me believe that this matchup is not in her favor. Nightwolf should have no problems getting in on her due to her moves being unsafe and having poor chip damage.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Yes, because Mileena's instant aerial sai blast has the same recovery as Cage's projectiles do, right? Besides, Mileena's telekick has a quicker start up than Ermac's teleport does, even when it is performed instantly in the air. Why are you even comparing these moves? I honestly do not understand why Cage players take you seriously. A lot of statements of yours reek of bull shit, and this is definitely one of them.

Cage cannot whiff punish a properly spaced d+4 with anything but an EX shadow kick. Also, you are not in range to frame trap Mileena when the player is spacing d+4 appropriately.

I will test your claims because you are anything but a good source of information.
Spending the whole fight 'spacing a D4 appropriately' that statement in itself clearly shows you're just talking theory fighter. Deflate your ego and listen to some of the other players on here who are actually better than you with characters that you dont play, otherwise you'll just be stuck in your own stupid little bubble and get blown up by something unexpected. I'm not sitting here trying to argue stupid pointless shit for no reason. I'm talking to help people level up their game and vice versa, but you just dont take any of it in do you?

I dont get why you think you are so special.

As far as zoning with kabal goes the ground saw causes problems for sektor because he can't iatu it even if you doge the saw the iatu will whiff and put kabal at advatage. Up close kabal can duck-uppercut punish Sektor's faster strings. Talk to me about the mileena and raiden match ups. I played Chris G's and Maxter's raiden and I never felt anything about the match up was one sided.

oops forgot to honor your request at the end of the post see you on the Sektor forum

DanCock

Cock Master!!
[MENTION=27]m2dave[/MENTION] just thought id point out that one of Sindels main toughest match up in the game is vs Mileena and you left her off of sindels list :confused: i would remove nightwolf from her list of tough match ups. her double air fireball helps her greatly in this match up.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
A F0xy Grampa said:
Spending the whole fight 'spacing a D4 appropriately' that statement in itself clearly shows you're just talking theory fighter. Deflate your ego and listen to some of the other players on here who are actually better than you with characters that you dont play, otherwise you'll just be stuck in your own stupid little bubble and get blown up by something unexpected. I'm not sitting here trying to argue stupid pointless shit for no reason. I'm talking to help people level up their game and vice versa, but you just dont take any of it in do you?
That is very ironic. If you ever visit the United States, you are the one who is in for a very big surprise.

Besides, you are highly misinformed. How many times have you been wrong already?

Stream Worthy said:
As far as zoning with kabal goes the ground saw causes problems for sektor because he can't iatu it even if you doge the saw the iatu will whiff and put kabal at advatage. Up close kabal can duck-uppercut punish Sektor's faster strings.
I agree. I was going to post the exact same thing about the buzzsaw.

By the way, for those who do not know, Kabal's iaGB only has like 10-15 recovery frames if I recall correctly. For a projectile, that is extremely good. You cannot react and punish. You can only anticipate.

Crathen

Death is my business
Yes it's pretty common sense you can't react punish Kabals iagb , the thing is that Sektor has way to deal with machineguns iagb with both his Tu ( wich can be baited ) and his Upmissile ( and here you can react to iagb since sektor will lower his hitbox and go under a perfect iagb ) , however a second perfect iagb will hit sektor while recovering from the UM and Kabal will be able to block , but this needs for Kabal to commit doing iagb and wait for it to reach sektor , it's kinda hard to explain but Kabal has to commit doing perfect Iagb ( and most likely they will not reach the end of the screen ) wich opens him up for iatu / EX iatu to be safe , if he waits Sektor can close the distance where he can handle him just as good.

for sure this MU has to be further discussed but atm i can't say it's in favor of anyone.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
why is mileena in cyrax's bad matchups when posts in both cyrax and mileena forums have it a 6-4 to cyrax?

also about liu kang vs baraka? although i do find this a hard match up myself, talking to players in kang and mostly baraka forums its said to be a 5-5? as ive said in baraka matchup thread i feel baraka has to work harder than the kang player so maybe here has it right,i duno

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
That is very ironic. If you ever visit the United States, you are the one who is in for a very big surprise.
Still stuck in your own little bubble... I'm not talking about America, anyway I dont think you could suprise me considering the amount of streams going on, I dont watch just to see pictures do I? How many times have I been wrong already? Just as many as you, REO, Brady etc.

I say 1 thing about Sonyas fireball and apparently I'm wrong ALL the time, despite you guys not actually listening to wtf I was saying, which in turn made you guys wrong. But whatever, that bubble is pretty hard to burst.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
why is mileena in cyrax's bad matchups when posts in both cyrax and mileena forums have it a 6-4 to cyrax?

also about liu kang vs baraka? although i do find this a hard match up myself, talking to players in kang and mostly baraka forums its said to be a 5-5? as ive said in baraka matchup thread i feel baraka has to work harder than the kang player so maybe here has it right,i duno
Yeah they both have similar playstyles and frametraps. Sure Kang has iAF but as long as Baraka has meter that will be dealt with. I dont think this is 4-6 in Liu's favor.

I also noticed you don't have Baraka as one of Smoke's bad matchups. Can I ask you why? Smoke bombs become useless against Baraka and most of Smoke's strings are very easy to punish. Once you get in close Smoke is in trouble, but maybe you all have a differing opinion.

galindo

Noob
hmm i dont feel like cage is a bad matchup for baraka...although i did lose to awesome-o in the last egp tournament...

but anyways, i feel like baraka's fast pokes,low hit box, fast and safe bladespin can get him out of several sticky situations...

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yeah they both have similar playstyles and frametraps. Sure Kang has iAF but as long as Baraka has meter that will be dealt with. I dont think this is 4-6 in Liu's favor.

I also noticed you don't have Baraka as one of Smoke's bad matchups. Can I ask you why? Smoke bombs become useless against Baraka and most of Smoke's strings are very easy to punish. Once you get in close Smoke is in trouble, but maybe you all have a differing opinion.
yea thats my point on what is not 5-5 imo, baraka wont always have meter,kang can always fireball
baraka vs jc is acepted as bad for baraka as both need to be in close to to damage/frametraps but jc is faster than baraka so destroys him
kang is the same,much faster normals than baraka with great mixup and he can zone were jc cant

galindo

Noob
yea thats my point on what is not 5-5 imo, baraka wont always have meter,kang can always fireball
baraka vs jc is acepted as bad for baraka as both need to be in close to to damage/frametraps but jc is faster than baraka so destroys him
kang is the same,much faster normals than baraka with great mixup and he can zone were jc cant
he doesnt have better pokes than baraka, and baraka has so many good d4 setups. dashback d4, followed by...you pick it, grab, overhead f2, low b3, anti air f4

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Most of Kang's strings can be punished by blade spin though [MENTION=7663]1man3letters[/MENTION], and if he starts to fireball just dash forward like the noob saibot matchup, and when he gets close Baraka is even or at more of an advantage. I dont have to tell you this though because SomeCubanGuy told you already lol. And i trust him more than this tier list.

[MENTION=3258]galindo[/MENTION], JC pretty much has the same playstyle as Baraka but is 10X better at pressure and speed. If nothing else he can zone you with forceballs, and once you get in he has the advantage. With the new patch maybe it is 4-6 instead of 3-7, but a bad matchup nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.