What's new

Match-up Discussion The New Kenshi MU Chart - Prepare for Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Pig Of The Hut, if Kenshi blocks a far spike, Freddy has to block a far overhead slash. The only way Freddy can avoid the slash is to EX teleport forward or drop an EX sweet dreams. So I do not think Kenshi is as helpless full screen as you may think.

The bad thing is that Freddy can toss meaty Freddy fingers on Kenshi full screen. You can neither reflect nor absorb, and if you try to, you eat a far spike.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Pig Of The Hut, if Kenshi blocks a far spike, Freddy has to block a far overhead slash. The only way Freddy can avoid the slash is to EX teleport forward or drop an EX sweet dreams. So I do not think Kenshi is as helpless full screen as you may think.

The bad thing is that Freddy can toss meaty Freddy fingers on Kenshi full screen. You can neither reflect nor absorb, and if you try to, you eat a far spike.
Pig Of The Hut, is there a reason you don't use overhead slash (OHS) much if at all? I don't think I saw you use a normal one even once at MLG Dallas.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood

Kenshi has invincibility after he reflects so the spike should get absorbed by it, ill test it out in a little bit though.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
Lettuce beef real dog, no one purely mains Kano. So comparing them to your kenshi is pointless. Find someone that is godly for kano or compare a semi-high level kano with a semi-high level kenshi, then we can possibly talk.
it's 9-1 :\ kano literally has no options against a kenshi who knows wassup. i've beaten kenshi with kano in tourney before but not in a loooooong time. i gotta fall back on doing a kenshi mirror when i play any other kenshi. shit is terrible.

this post brought to you by the very last kano main on earth, who happens to play with pig quite often offline~

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Pig Of The Hut

vs baraka 9-1??
not by the hairs on my chinny chin chin :p

imo kabal vs baraka is at highest possible level of both players knowing the MU 100% is 8-2 and id play a kenshi over kabal anyday with baraka,
that my other char is mileena who really does get raped and shutdown by kenshi,using baraka in the MU is not as bad to play.
i sure its possible with while you've played a baraka and made it look 9-1 or even that you have cage marked at 8-2 and most of this kommunity wrongly sees baraka as the poor mans cage so hence baraka is 9-1.

imo theres no way its a 9-1 MU,
*not many chars can punish a max range whiffed shoulder for any damage outside blockstring without having to risk jumping,
*not many chars can use a bar of meter to be right on top off you and out trade you completly if u tried TF/ex TF, kenshi has to also use a bar if he wants to punish ex charge or max range normal charge and like in all MUs fear of the charge will help inch in also
*even the stupid thing of not many chars can meter drain glitch kenshi by choice (22 1+2,d1 if u tried to ex thinking a f4 was coming u get the meter drain glitch from buffering a special when in block stun)
*his huge hitbox means its open up strings that would whiff on crouching opponents but hit kenshi neutral ducking.
*spark can be a annoyance to reflect because of its odd speed so even that is not totally shut down and opens up charges when your looking for sparks
*baraka does have resets where kenshis armor is not a option and he must guess right or lose 40%+ &/or be put in guessing game again.

while kenshi has a lot adv in the MU, he does not shut down barakas tools/options enough to make it 9-1 imo it walks the very fine line inbetween at 7.5-2.5 to 7-3, prob closer to 7-3,tough but no way unwinable and but i def wouldnt even call it a 2-8 at this point in time.
like im in no way trying to put you on blast here cause ya know i love ya but not so long ago u said kenshi rapes shang and now your thinking it could be 5-5/4-6 after you played woundcowboy so whatever it is that making u think baraka is 9-1 i hope u play a baraka soon that changes your mind

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I can get onboard this. The ones that are not set it in stone are nice. We've disagreed on cyrax before, so it's nice to see it listed as possibly 5 5 or 4 6 disadvantage. Also, it's nice to see smoke listed as 4 6 disadvantage, for Kabal not to be blown out of proportion, and for KL to be listed for what it is, always has been, and always will be. Baraka probably isn't that bad though.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Lol if I were not extreme I'd be called a "down player"

Cyblax gets in whenever he wants . He has mOre punishable start up frames on his teleport but unless I'm missing something the best I can do on his teleport is d3 sc where as against cyrax I get d1 Rk combo on all teleports. Cyblax is safe on tele

Also cyblax has a glitch w kenshi reflect where all of a sudden out of nowhere kenshi cannot reflect his net, this glitch happens all the time and I don't know what triggers it so I just stopped reflecting his nets but I reflect cyrax nets
Reflecting cyrax nets. :)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I've always thought Noob went even with Kenshi lol, what's his advantage other than his armor?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I think Baraka is 8-2 at the highest possible level. He has a couple things going for him but a kenshi that correctly spaces his attacks and knows not to whiff spirit charges is almost unbeatable.

I have skarlet vs kenshi 5-5, possibly 6-4 skarlets favor for the simple fact she ass rapes his hitbox, i want to run more games after pig learns the matchup, which he should already have since he playes lord of the fly quite frequently :)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I have skarlet vs kenshi 5-5, possibly 6-4 skarlets favor for the simple fact she ass rapes his hitbox, i want to run more games after pig learns the matchup, which he should already have since he playes lord of the fly quite frequently :)
Thats what I'm saying...but either I didnt do my job or pig forgot something. you are 100% right on his hitbox though.

All skarlets MU where they have large hitboxes might be a win for her. having a big hitbox vs her is probably worse than vs kabal.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I've always thought Noob went even with Kenshi lol, what's his advantage other than his armor?
noob has zero comeback factor and far easier way to get health lead- its a tougher MU for kenshi if he doesnt know how to approach it

Man, Pig Of The Hut you're making me feel free for losing my first tournament match again Kano :(

random xrays ftw
lol :( sorry

scarlet vs kenshi is possibly 6-4 scarlet

Ill know within a week

Pig Of The Hut

I can get onboard this. The ones that are not set it in stone are nice. We've disagreed on cyrax before, so it's nice to see it listed as possibly 5 5 or 4 6 disadvantage. Also, it's nice to see smoke listed as 4 6 disadvantage, for Kabal not to be blown out of proportion, and for KL to be listed for what it is, always has been, and always will be. Baraka probably isn't that bad though.
Do you think baraka is 8-2 instead of 9-1?

I was originally giving barakas props

real talk, ive never seen his win pose

Pig Of The Hut

Yeah.

It was funny too because both of us got like 3 input errors and then my EX blade charge went through his spirit charge.

Neither of us played well to be completely honest :p
why didnt you come introduce yourself :(

we never talked but i remember watching shanxter and going "Oh damn shanxter vs baraka is hype"

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
why didnt you come introduce yourself :(

we never talked but i remember watching shanxter and going "Oh damn shanxter vs baraka is hype"
I was about to on Friday but someone pulled you to the side.

After that I dont really know, Im kind of lazy when it comes to that stuff tbh

Edit: And yeah that shit was so fun lol

Status
Not open for further replies.