What's new

The CEO Updates Thread

Benzo

Vic Stone
Why don't you just hold the fact that you were talking out of your ass like some sort of top player without knowing anything about the game? People care less about your opinion now than Mew2Dave's on Deathstroke.
Now that was rude. :oops:

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I got 13th at UFGT and 9th at CEO

I have ZERO business traveling anymore for this game

Ill admit I am god damn terrible at it
I was wrong about scorpion
No one should listen to my advice
Gga slips knows everything
Bane is top 13
Harley is extremely good
And I am fucking awful at this game because I don't have a brain dead character soaked in armor
Killer frost is mid tier

After Evo I'm done

Congrats to KDZ best superman by far and salt face the man along w deeg that showed all of you harley doubters you're idiots too

Woundcowboy is the sinestro that will guide the yellow ring

Oh and I still blow vs kabal and king of choke and I will not represent ZOD

I am done

the game has been out for not even 3 months, you placed higher than lover 150 people both times. stop being emo

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yo I feel like people don't have eyes, and just repeat

1) Whatever they heard from someone else
2) Whatever 'sounds' good to them
3) Whatever they've figured out by some kind of reasoning or mathematics is right, regardless of what's happening in front of their faces

If people really think Scorpion is about 'adjusting'.. What do you think will happen when people actually learn how to use the character? What will happens once Scorpion has had as many months of tech development and leveling up as Sinestro or BA has now? Once Scorps take the time to learn how to cause the max pain in every matchup, etc.

Like, whichever side of the fence you're on -- at least just open your eyes, look at how people are losing to guys that have barely developed their tech, and be honest about it instead of saying silly stuff like "nobody bothered to learn how to counter the character".

At least listen to people like REO and the guy who won SEA that are actually playing the character and winning. But honestly if you just watch, you wouldn't even need them to tell you.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

3) Whatever they've figured out by some kind of reasoning or mathematics is right, regardless of what's happening in front of their faces

If people really think Scorpion is about 'adjusting'.. What do you think will happen when people actually learn how to use the character? What will happens once Scorpion has had as many months of tech development and leveling up as Sinestro or BA has now? Once Scorps take the time to learn how to cause the max pain in every matchup, etc.

Like, whichever side of the fence you're on -- at least just open your eyes, look at how people are losing to guys that have barely developed their tech, and be honest about it instead of saying silly stuff like "nobody bothered to learn how to counter the character".

At least listen to people like REO and the guy who won SEA that are actually playing the character and winning. But honestly if you just watch, you wouldn't even need them to tell you.
Prepare yourself for I am about to make sweet love to your post sir.

This is a good post, and I already said before scorpion came out, he wouldn't fit in IGAU. Sure enough, it happened lol.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Then can we also open our eyes to the fact that the community allowed pre-patch Scorpion to be played through most of the pools without noticing the difference. And that maybe it shows how SOME(not all) players are not really taking the time to learn the character?

Like Tom said, those Scorpion's were getting away with murder. A lot of the matches were also invalidated as they were not even patched scorpion.

Look, no one on the pro-scorpion side thinks he is bad. He is a very good character, an ANNOYING character, and an arguably overpowered character. Our argument is simply that FGs have always had these, and players eventually almost all ways figure out ways to compete with the character. That is not to say that the character won't continue to win matches or even tournaments, but that the matches will become more competitive over time.

Also LBSH, we are not giving enough credit to the people who lost to those day 2 scorpion's. Ranmasama doesnt even play the game and he almost beat pre-patch deathstroke, as did Alien Hamster. If they actually played the game and did Superman's full damage combos, they probably could have won the matches. Yes REO kicked the crap out of a lot of players but REO is just a solid FG player, and if he stuck with Batman he would have done the same thing to a majority of players, because he is just good.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
This is a good post, and I already said before scorpion came out, he wouldn't fit in IGAU. Sure enough, it happened lol.
I think half the board called him as very likely to break the game before he even had a confirmation of being in because we all knew that his teleport would not fit in the game.

Harley isn't high tier, those harley players just exploited the fact that noone knew the matchup, not taking anything away from their skill. Props well deserved
You saw a clueless 16 bit.

I saw a solid Harley that was shutting down most of Killer Frost's options at mid-range and far away. I think it's pretty obvious that Harley's zoning > KF's zoning and KF's slide. So basic logic tells me KF is at natural disadvantage anywhere on the screen but up close in this matchup. And Harley is decent up close as well. So maybe Harley is just a good counter to KF.

It's probably a bit of both: 5.5-4.5 matchup + 16 bit not knowing the matchup.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX

This is why we have ignore buttons man. It's like a Mr. Clean magic-eraser for a forum.

There is no counter to Scorpion's anything. You have to sit around waiting for mistakes that just can't be made by someone using the character. I was seriously just bitching about this very thing in a text to my gaming buddy. It's not about "SCORPION IS LESS THAN A MONTH OLD LOL" it's about "holy fuck, I have eyes." Exact words. Ily.

But that's the thing man. It's just about having eyes and seeing shit. And when it's that simple and people are STILL too fucking stupid to get it, you can't help them. You simply can't.

I'm no proleet face-shitting whirlwind of a player, but I have been playing fighting games REALLY fucking hard since I was like... eight or nine. So that's about 13 years now. Mostly in Guilty Gear. Okay, I know the difference at this point in my life between a strong/good/viable/top tier character and a broken one.

And like I said, I come mostly from Guilty Gear. Most people here who tell me that I need to stop saying Scorpion is ban-worthy and need to level up would have bed-pissing nightmares for a month if they understood the sheer amount of bullshit I'm willing to put up with from a character before calling for a ban.

I just can't believe the amount of people on this forum that have the fucking gall to say that like three quarters of TOP players in this game are just "afraid to adapt" or can't or whatever. It's pathetic as shit.

It's like grasping at straws, only there are no straws. Only turds.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Scorpion is guaranteed to be 3 of the top 5 and could very well be 4 of it. "That is Big"

Shoutouts to Saltface showing up for AK and Pig as well even though hes not too happy about placing 9th at a good tourney. RTD did amazing as well not having the game for too long. I know tre had some problems and it sucks for him cause i really thought he had potential for some blowups as well as Harold and the rest of ATL.

Wish i could have been there with you guys but we will keep training especially heading up to EVO.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
What time does CEO start tomorrow also is there anywhere I can watch a replay of todays stream? I want to see Salt whoop some ass again. I missed most of the stream :(

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Why don't you just hold the fact that you were talking out of your ass like some sort of top player without knowing anything about the game? People care less about your opinion now than Mew2Dave's on Deathstroke.
Thank you based Vogue. You coherently proved that the majority of top players did infact know the Scorpion matchup since they noticed they weren't able to punish flipkick throughout nearly an entire pool.

Oh wait...

All I'm gonna say is, once MrWizard hears about this debacle, kiss any hope of Scorpion being banned at EVO goodbye, even if a Scorpion player wins CEO top 8. He might even cease to note any further concerns we have from here on out.

16 bit not knowing the matchup.
No, not at all. Fuck that ideology. Harley needs to be banned.

Vogue

Noob
The only surprise in top 8 is no killer frost , that and that gdlk Harley. A lot of Harley's showed up in force but all anyone is going to remember is 4/8 scorpion CEO.

Ravensbaine

Welcome to the Chaos Dimension
I think that 4/8 Scorpions isn't that bad honestly as there was also 3/8 Black Adams that made top 8... also considering that it was Pre Patch scorpion and how broken he apparently is you think it would of been 8/8 Scorpions in top 8

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
I think that 4/8 Scorpions isn't that bad honestly as there was also 3/8 Black Adams that made top 8... also considering that it was Pre Patch scorpion and how broken he apparently is you think it would of been 8/8 Scorpions in top 8
Not everyone wanted to play a semi broken character.