What's new

The CEO Updates Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I coudnt agree more. On top of that we have the leaders of this community saying the game is fine, we just have to ban players.
So many characters and gimmicks make this game so bad in a tournament setting.
Plus its made me literally hate half this community
This type of stuff didn't make you hate the MK community when MK9 was the big game...?

Benzo

Vic Stone
PL gets shit for using scorpion, but reo doesn't because he thinks scorpion is broken and trying to prove a point. Pretty funny. I'm a reo fan tho so go reo
What the HELL. Why not like Reo because he's good with Scorpion regardless what he thinks about him. You weak pathetic FOOL!

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
This type of stuff didn't make you hate the MK community when MK9 was the big game...?
I just dont remember people being so upset over one subject. And i never heard the word "ban". The reaction of people on this wrbsite when you tell them you would rather learn the matchup than ban scorpion is what did it to me. We all hated kabal, but never said ban him. And just in general there is an "elitest" attitude in the community that makes it hard to even post a question in the forums without a fear of someone giving a cocky response.....then that same person will tell you a character needs banned

THTB

I just dont remember people being so upset over one subject. And i never heard the word "ban". The reaction of people on this wrbsite when you tell them you would rather learn the matchup than ban scorpion is what did it to me. We all hated kabal, but never said ban him. And just in general there is an "elitest" attitude in the community that makes it hard to even post a question in the forums without a fear of someone giving a cocky response.....then that same person will tell you a character needs banned
Kenshi slips your mind completely...? Cyrax? Kabal? Kung Lao?

Real talk, people wanted these characters nerfed/banned at one point in the game's life span. There was a topic about Kabal being banned at one point, too...I'm pretty sure REO started that one, as well.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Kenshi slips your mind completely...? Cyrax? Kabal? Kung Lao?

Real talk, people wanted these characters nerfed/banned at one point in the game's life span. There was a topic about Kabal being banned at one point, too...I'm pretty sure REO started that one, as well.
Perhaps i need to ignore this website then and just play the game like mk9 then.
Dont know dog. Things seemed normal during mk9s era to me...it was just a broken Nrs game that was fun

THTB

Perhaps i need to ignore this website then and just play the game like mk9 then.
Dont know dog. Things seemed normal during mk9s era to me...it was just a broken Nrs game that was fun
Lol, a lot of this shit happened in MK9. People jumped to conclusions fast as hell, there were problem characters everywhere, no one really knew much about the game but still wanted everything nerfed/banned.

Come IGAU, same shit, but everyone ignores that the SAME SHIT HAPPENED DURING MK9, magically. And MK9 is back to being the game in everyone's hearts.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Lol, a lot of this shit happened in MK9. People jumped to conclusions fast as hell, there were problem characters everywhere, no one really knew much about the game but still wanted everything nerfed/banned.

Come IGAU, same shit, but everyone ignores that the SAME SHIT HAPPENED DURING MK9, magically. And MK9 is back to being the game in everyone's hearts.
Its honestly probly because i was not involved with this website during the realease of mk9, so i woudnt know what happened then.
I think im gonna go back to that way and just be a browser on the site

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

It's not the same.

At no point in MK9 did I see a group of all the top players saying "this character completely disregards all the rules of the game". I saw characters being called 'op', zoning being called unbalanced or too powerful, or people asking for specific details of a character to be toned down like raiden's original teleport, kung lao low hat frames, cyrax infinites and reset damage.

But those are the same things people said about Superman, Killer Frost, Vanilla Cyborg etc.

If people can't see the difference between stuff like that and the Scorpion complaints at this point, I really don't know what to say. You are seeing players that 'toughed it out' and valiantly fought Kabal, Kenshi, and the rest of the MK cast say that this character is nothing like Kabal. You are seeing Kabal players that now play Scorpion say that this character has 0 to do with Kabal and that Kabal still played according to the fundamental rules of the game.

Not that everyone has to agree.. But people are being flat out dishonest or trying to paint it as something different that it is.

If a guy says he's going to herp-derp his way into top 8 at a major with a 3-day version of the character, and he actually does it, you'd have to be blind to not see the difference between that and someone like Lulzlou or Cat working their butt off to reach a top level with a character like Kabal. Look at all the work pig put in with Kenshi, grinding all kinds of matchups and innovating tech just to have a shot at winning serious tournaments.

The comparison is flat-out ridiculous.

THTB

It's not the same.

At no point in MK9 did I see a group of all the top players saying "this character completely disregards all the rules of the game". I saw characters being called 'op', zoning being called unbalanced or too powerful, or people asking for specific details of a character to be toned down like raiden's original teleport, kung lao low hat frames, cyrax infinites and reset damage.

But those are the same things people said about Superman, Killer Frost, Vanilla Cyborg etc.

If people can't see the difference between stuff like that and the Scorpion complains at this point, I really don't know what do say. You are seeing players that 'toughed it out' and valiantly fought Kabal, Kenshi, and the rest of the MK cast say that this character is nothing like Kabal. You are seeing Kabal players that now play Scorpion say that this character has 0 to do with Kabal and that Kabal still played according to the fundamental rules of the game.

Not that everyone has to agree.. But people are being flat out dishonest or trying to paint it as something different that it is.
The major difference is because it's not MK, and I'm going to stand by that, because that has honestly been the case from the start.

Kenshi completely gave no fucks about MK9's footsies game, had a d1/d3 game that NO OTHER CHARACTER even could dream of having. All due to one move. Characters legitimately lost to Kenshi 8-2 or worse because of this. He took MK9 and flipped the game on its head. Kabal was downright broken, and changed a lot of the way MK9 was played as well.

There were talks of Kabal needing to be banned.

People act like Scorpion is obviously not meant for this game, and that Kenshi and Kabal still fit into MK9 and didn't disregard any of it. No. Stop it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
The major difference is because it's not MK, and I'm going to stand by that, because that has honestly been the case from the start.

Kenshi completely gave no fucks about MK9's footsies game, had a d1/d3 game that NO OTHER CHARACTER even could dream of having. All due to one move. Characters legitimately lost to Kenshi 8-2 or worse because of this. He took MK9 and flipped the game on its head. Kabal was downright broken, and changed a lot of the way MK9 was played as well.

There were talks of Kabal needing to be banned.

People act like Scorpion is obviously not meant for this game, and that Kenshi and Kabal still fit into MK9 and didn't disregard any of it. No. Stop it.
Really? When did you ever see 4-5 Kenshis in top 8 at a stacked major with a serious shot at winning? Some of them Day 3-4?

When did you ever see a day-3 Kabal even threaten to take over the Top 8 at a stacked tournament?

The difference is, those characters were problems at a *high-level*. They were problems once people put in the hours to grind the characters, learn matchups, learn NDC tech and refine their accuracy so they weren't dropping it every other time, learn when to use the armor, step up their corner game, perfect iAGBs so they came out reliably enough to be a problem.

Scorpion is a problem at a *low-level*. No refined tech, no hours of griding iA and ND-whatever, no weeks of perfecting the spacing of every zoning option to not get blown up by jump-ins like Pig did with Kenshi.

When a guy wins a major with a character or makes top8 and says his character is f'ed up and unfair, how do you compare that to people being salty they lost a difficult matchup? Makes no sense.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It's not the same.

If people can't see the difference between stuff like that and the Scorpion complaints at this point, I really don't know what to say. You are seeing players that 'toughed it out' and valiantly fought Kabal, Kenshi, and the rest of the MK cast say that this character is nothing like Kabal. You are seeing Kabal players that now play Scorpion say that this character has 0 to do with Kabal and that Kabal still played according to the fundamental rules of the game.

If a guy says he's going to herp-derp his way into top 8 at a major with a 3-day version of the character, and he actually does it, you'd have to be blind to not see the difference between that and someone like Lulzlou or Cat working their butt off to reach a top level with a character like Kabal. Look at all the work pig put in with Kenshi, grinding all kinds of matchups and innovating tech just to have a shot at winning serious tournaments.

The comparison is flat-out ridiculous.
CD Jr said he would also herp-derp his way to top 8 at EVO with Kabal and he did that too.

Kabal did ignore a lot of fundamental aspects of the game. Whether he was hard execution wise makes absolutely no difference.

Edit: CD Jr said REO is trolling about the whole Scorpion thing, so stop using that in your argument lol

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
CD Jr said he would also herp-derp his way to top 8 at EVO with Kabal and he did that too.

Kabal did ignore a lot of fundamental aspects of the game. Whether he was hard execution wise makes absolutely no difference.
Nobody herp-derps with Kabal -- Jr. was grinding that character for weeks, and everybody knew it. Not only Jr., but everybody else who played that character had to put in serious time, including Curbo, REO, Cat, Soonk, etc.

No one was just picking 'Kabal' in character select, jumping around like a fool and making Top 8 after a couple days.

Zoidberg747

Nobody herp-derps with Kabal -- Jr. was grinding that character for weeks, and everybody knew it. Not only Jr., but everybody else who played that character had to put in serious time, including Curbo, REO, Cat, etc.

No one was just picking 'Kabal' in character select, jumping around like a fool and making Top 8 after a couple days.
So what? You had to practice a bit before breaking the game, that makes it ok?

The only reason people are jumping around like fools is because some characters lack good AAs and people still refuse to use their AAs. Like I said before, the only player who has made top 8 with post-patch Scorpion only is REO. This is the same guy who was dominating with Batman before.

Deg lost playing Scorpion and switched to Harley. PL switched to Black Adam to win in top 32. CD Jr switched to Superman. You all are picking out occurrences that fit your argument, and ignoring the ones that don't.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
So what? You had to practice a bit before breaking the game, that makes it ok?

The only reason people are jumping around like fools is because some characters lack good AAs and people still refuse to use their AAs. Like I said before, the only player who has made top 8 with post-patch Scorpion only is REO. ANd Like I said before, this is the same guy who was dominating with Batman before.

Deg lost playing Scorpion and switched to Harley. PL switched to Black Adam to win in top 32. CD Jr switched to Superman. You all are picking out occurrences that fit your argument, and ignoring the ones that don't.
It's not about 'practicing a bit'. Despite Kabal having a litany of tools, placing him above most of the cast, he has to use every single one of them (and at a high level) to have a shot at competing with the best players in the game. If you do not completely understand his metagame and also what reads and tools are necessary in every situation, you get blown up. It's why players even as talented and dedicated as Cat were getting shut out of Top 8 at majors.

With Scorpion, you are talking about people using 1 or 2 tools, repeat and rinse. Jump. Teleport. Maybe the occasional hellfire.

Cyrax had to use every single bit of his arsenal to even be considered above high-mid tier.

Do you understand that when Jr. went to EVO, he was piggybacking off of months of tech with Kabal that had been built up by other players? From the basic NDC on up. And anyone who "picks up" Kabal, Cyrax or Kenshi learns to play based on the hard work and tech-building that other people like Pig, Maxter, Krayzie, DoctrineDark and REO put in.

If you cannot see the difference, then you just don't get the concept of high level play.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Execution shouldn't be a factor in determining if a character makes a game stupid or not. As long is the execution barrier isn't impractical.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I wonder where this argument would stand if Scorpion's exact frame data, hit/hurtboxes, specials etc were reskinned and given to a legit DC character..

Zoidberg747

It's not about 'practicing a bit'. Despite Kabal having a litany of tools, placing him above most of the cast, he has to use every single one of them (and at a high level) to have a shot at competing with the best players in the game. If you do not completely understand his metagame and also what reads and tools are necessary in every situation, you get blown up. It's why players even as talented and dedicated as Cat were getting shut out of Top 8 at majors.

With Scorpion, you are talking about people using 1 or 2 tools, repeat and rinse. Jump. Teleport. Maybe the occasional hellfire.

Cyrax had to use every single bit of his arsenal to even be considered above high-mid tier.

Do you understand that when Jr. went to EVO, he was piggybacking off of months of tech with Kabal that had been built up by other players? From the basic NDC on up. And anyone who "picks up" Kabal, Cyrax or Kenshi learns to play based on the hard work that other people like Pig, Maxter, Krayzie, DoctrineDark and REO put in.

If you cannot see the difference, then you just don't get the concept of high level play.
This is such bullshit and deep down you know it. For some characters all Kabal had to do was iAGB and saw. That alone shuts down over half the cast. Add the EX flash parry that would allow him to continue pressure through ANYTHING, and he got rid of footsies and zoning in general. Yes his NDCs could be countered by smart pokes, but that doesnt change his other tools.

Execution is NEVER a factor in true high level play, because at a high level you should not be dropping combos. Otherwise you are not really high level.

Yeah those scorpion's definitely didnt use the 50/50, or spear, or takedown, etc. Jumping and teleporting is his best tool, so what? He is way easier than Kabal, so what? They both are overpowered and shut down a large majority of the cast. Like I said a MILLION times, the ONLY person who truly dominated with Scorpion was REO, who has been finding tech and grinding MUs. Anyone else was either playing PRE-PATCH Scorpion or lost and switched to a different character.

Cat got shut out of top 8s because people over time figured out Kabal. Scorpion has only been out ONE MOTHER FUCKING MONTH. Does that not register? Do you really believe that he is 100% figured out?

You say we need to open our eyes. Why don't you try it for a change?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
This is such bullshit and deep down you know it. For some characters all Kabal had to do was iAGB and saw. That alone shuts down over half the cast. Add the EX flash parry that would allow him to continue pressure through ANYTHING, and he got rid of footsies and zoning in general. Yes his NDCs could be countered by smart pokes, but that doesnt change his other tools.
What Kabal players did you see picking up Kabal and threatning to win a major with just random iAGB and saw? It's a true disrespect to players like REO and Curbo to even say something like that.

We're not talking about players that can beat Zoidberg747 -- we're talking about guys beating some of the best players of the top characters in the game.

How is that even comparable?

Zoidberg747

What Kabal players did you see picking up Kabal and threatning to win a major with just iAGB and saw? It's a true disrespect to players like REO and Curbo to even say something like that.
Kevodaman

Edit: And it isn't a disrespect to say REO is just winning because of jump and teleport? That hypocrisy....

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Kevodaman

Edit: And it isn't a disrespect to say REO is just winning because of jump and teleport? That hypocrisy....
Kevo just won a tourney with Kung Lao -- and it's an insult to him to even suggest that.

I guess the less you know, the better you feel about downing other players.

And no, those were REO's own words. He said, and I quote, "I feel like I do not have to think when I play this character." That's also what Rchusan said. But nope, Zoidberg747 on TYM knows more than those guys ever will.

Zoidberg747

Kevo just won a tourney with Kung Lao -- and it's an insult to him to even suggest that.

I guess the less you know, the better you feel about downing other players.
I am not talking about the tourney he won with KL, I am talking about the one he won with iAGB.

OH SO IT IS OK TO TRASH SCORPION PLAYERS BUT AS SOON AS SOMETHING IS SAID ABOUT KABAL IT IS DISRESPECT?

Fucking ridiculous.

Error

DF2+R2
How do you not check a game is patched before you start? I'm a TO and I've never ever had this issue. You get to the event w/enough time so you don't have to rush and do things half ass
I don't think it was his fault, the other day I went to GU with some friends to play Injustice but the PS3 wasn't patched, after it patched I got on and noticed that after dropping WW's bnbs a couple of times (took a while because I thought it was just my timing) that she still had her B3 glitch that I believe also came in Scorpion's hotfix.