What's new

The CEO Updates Thread

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
So why would MrWizard ban him when his dominating has not been proven in a tournament setting?
How was his dominance not displayed again? These dudes came out of fucking nowhere and held their own doing seriously random shit that would still work almost as well based on the post-patch numbers alone. None of them were winning because most of them were virtual no-names and the high level players that were using him almost seemed to be doing it while wearing fedoras and drinking cans of PBR.

Imagine what it's going to be like if those no-names keep playing and actually get good. Or more already good players pick him up. There is no anti-Scorpion strategy. Unless you count "huhrduhr lvl up [ban incoming]" as a strategy. The character carries zero risk.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
How was his dominance not displayed again? These dudes came out of fucking nowhere and held their own doing seriously random shit that would still work almost as well based on the post-patch numbers alone. None of them were winning because most of them were virtual no-names and the high level players that were using him almost seemed to be doing it while wearing fedoras and drinking cans of PBR.

Imagine what it's going to be like if those no-names keep playing and actually get good. Or more already good players pick him up. There is no anti-Scorpion strategy. Unless you count "huhrduhr lvl up [ban incoming]" as a strategy. The character carries zero risk.
Many players tried to punish flipkick. If that had been punished, matches would have turned out differently. The only "no name" scorpion in top 8 is Deg, who mostly got to top 8 using Harley Quinn, not Scorpion.

Also lol at zero Anti-Scorpion strategy. We must know everything about him since he has only been out for a month.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
A. The jump ins are not normalized until the next patch, along with buffed D2s for the whole cast.
Oh, you're right. The character was even more borked at this point then I was thinking. Thanks for letting me know I was giving waaaay too much credit to post-patch Scorpion.

B. Having the best move in the game is not reason for a ban
I understated that. MB telederp is literally Raiden's teleport and superman, together as one. Plus a launcher. Also useable in the air, to mix-up with an overhead cross-up attempt. Oh and it's safe.

Yeah bro, you're right, this character is super legit. Let's go spray MB b3s around and we'll all go 5-5 with him all day.

Zoidberg747

Oh, you're right. The character was even more borked at this point then I was thinking. Thanks for letting me know I was giving waaaay too much credit to post-patch Scorpion.

I understated that. MB telederp is literally Raiden's teleport and superman, together as one. Plus a launcher. Also useable in the air, to mix-up with an overhead cross-up attempt. Oh and it's safe.

Yeah bro, you're right, this character is super legit. Let's go spray MB b3s around and we'll all go 5-5 with him all day.
A. Godspeed MB F3d a scorpion out of the air. #holdat(For real though I already admitted I was wrong, doesn't mean there is nothing out there)
B. There were many players dashing MB Tele on reaction. It is super easy to do because of the sound cue. Once again, people refuse to level up.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Many players tried to punish flipkick. If that had been punished, matches would have turned out differently. The only "no name" scorpion in top 8 is Deg, who mostly got to top 8 using Harley Quinn, not Scorpion.

Also lol at zero Anti-Scorpion strategy. We must know everything about him since he has only been out for a month.
I love how REO is a genius and makes Scorpion look good after just a month, but when he hasn't really thrown around any anti-Scorpion tech, it's because nobody knows shit.

Yeah, this is useless. And the thread is way off-topic. I'm just going to end this right here and side with almost every top level player on Scorpion's ban-worthiness, and let you go 0-10 with my ignore button.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I got 13th at UFGT and 9th at CEO

I have ZERO business traveling anymore for this game

Ill admit I am god damn terrible at it
I was wrong about scorpion
No one should listen to my advice
Gga slips knows everything
Bane is top 13
Harley is extremely good
And I am fucking awful at this game because I don't have a brain dead character soaked in armor
Killer frost is mid tier

After Evo I'm done

Congrats to KDZ best superman by far and salt face the man along w deeg that showed all of you harley doubters you're idiots too

Woundcowboy is the sinestro that will guide the yellow ring

Oh and I still blow vs kabal and king of choke and I will not represent ZOD

I am done
Pig, as a Kitana player I hated you for Kenshi-related reasons. But you've really stepped up as a leader in the community. You can be as good at this game as you want to be. I hope to see you rep zod and dominate in the future.

Zoidberg747

I love how REO is a genius and makes Scorpion look good after just a month, but when he hasn't really thrown around any anti-Scorpion tech, it's because nobody knows shit.

Yeah, this is useless. I'm just going to end this right here and side with almost every top level player on Scorpion's ban-worthiness, and let you go 0-10 with my ignore button.
My heart truly aches.

And I will side with those other top players like Tom Brady and 16 bit who agree he should not be banned.

I have no idea what your first sentence means. REO is winning because he is freaking REO

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Upset I was hoping for was Fchamp getting farther, well maybe when he starts to actually play injustice.
Great tournament and top 8 with KDZ! scorpion thing ain't proving anything because Chris G plays injustice, I'm sorry.

Benzo

Vic Stone
Upset I was hoping for was Fchamp getting farther, well maybe when he starts to actually play injustice.
Great tournament and top 8 with KDZ! scorpion thing ain't proving anything because Chris G plays injustice, I'm sorry.
No sir I will not let you get away with the "when he actually plays" card. He made an bold statement to the entire MK Kommunity.
He played because he thought he was ready and he got bodied. No excuse.

Zoidberg747

No sir I will not let you get away with the "when he actually plays" card. He made an bold statement to the entire MK Kommunity.
He played because he thought he was ready and he got bodied. No excuse.
He made it to top 32 in a 200 man tournament, I would hardly call that bodied.

He didn't dominate like he said he would but he is at least holding his own.

The street fighter guys who are real threats are like rico suave and sabin (because they take the game seriously). But Fchamp did well tho without a doubt.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Harley isn't high tier, those harley players just exploited the fact that noone knew the matchup, not taking anything away from their skill. Props well deserved

Benzo

Vic Stone

You know your point would be even better had he not said the only reason why the MK players are winning is because they don't play. It's his own arrogance that even made this a viable conversation.
Would have respected it more if he would have just played and let dominance speak for itself.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Can't wait for that patch. Gonna have a good game to watch instead of j3s and flying things whatever the hell those interactables are

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
A WW player noticed something was wrong with her B3 during buttoncheck, he stormed off the stream to play at another station. Commentators were saying that he left because of controller issues and he was wrongfully blaming NRS for his "controller issues".
I think he did say it to someone but they didn't listen to him.
WW is the character to check, if her B3 is ruined, the games not patched.
I was wondering how Action Hamster was blocking some of these teleports by ducking.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
I got 13th at UFGT and 9th at CEO

I have ZERO business traveling anymore for this game

Ill admit I am god damn terrible at it
I was wrong about scorpion
No one should listen to my advice
Gga slips knows everything
Bane is top 13
Harley is extremely good
And I am fucking awful at this game because I don't have a brain dead character soaked in armor
Killer frost is mid tier

After Evo I'm done

Congrats to KDZ best superman by far and salt face the man along w deeg that showed all of you harley doubters you're idiots too

Woundcowboy is the sinestro that will guide the yellow ring

Oh and I still blow vs kabal and king of choke and I will not represent ZOD

I am done
Thank you Pig......thank you <3

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yes. Top 8 list should be in this thread.

Oh and fun fact, our noble and extensive list of players who have thoroughly grinded the Scorpion matchup and feel there's no other option but to ban him apparently can't tell the difference between pre-patch Scorp and current Scorp. The stream console almost went through an entire pool without anyone (between dozens of players and thousands of viewers) noticing the Scorpion hotfix wasn't on it. It wasn't until REO of all people pointed it out that they did something about it. I shit you not.
Holy shit.

Vogue

Noob
Exactly.

This whole Scorpion thing is pretty stupid considering our community didn't even notice the difference between pre-patch and post-patch scorpion. Which really makes it hard to believe that our community really understands scorpion yet.
Why don't you just hold the fact that you were talking out of your ass like some sort of top player without knowing anything about the game? People care less about your opinion now than Mew2Dave's on Deathstroke.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
LOL. I'm calling matches on the pools play from the stream tonight at the select screen in chat. Told folks to believe Doomsday would be a solid matchup vs Scorpion and it goes to the last pixel. Told folks Sinestro was a stupid move and the announcer was all trying to hype this mans Sinestro...even if its good that doesn't apply to that matchup as he'd have to take Scorpion on normals as he cant run or use his zoning much vs him. Sinestro proceeds to get bodied. And then trying to explain Bane...

So much fun in the chat tonight. :D

Zoidberg747

Why don't you just hold the fact that you were talking out of your ass like some sort of top player without knowing anything about the game? People care less about your opinion now than Mew2Dave's on Deathstroke.
I know nothing about the game....

*Points to sig*

I've written 4 guides on the game so far and am planning on doing more. I spend most of my time in training mode while I am not playing the game offline against competent players. I also NEVER said I was a top player because I am not, and am fine with that.