What's new

T-800 Terminator General Discussion Thread

Starting to think this character is super fucked up....

EDIT

Who am I kidding. He's fucking broke but fun

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
As a Noob player, I'm not as afraid of him as I feel like I should be. If his Scary Place is up close, that's fine with me since I'm already trying to play Get Thee Back Satan with my opponent.

Still...this character is friggin' ridiculous.
I wish I wasn't garbage with DBF inputs.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
You can whiff a shotgun blast after bf43 on hit. Decent way to build the krushing blow but some teleport characters can punish if they’re ready for it. Having that krushing blow loaded is very useful.

Gaxkang

Banned
As a Noob player, I'm not as afraid of him as I feel like I should be. If his Scary Place is up close, that's fine with me since I'm already trying to play Get Thee Back Satan with my opponent.

Well the DBF are pretty clunky as per NRS' brand.

In like SF I can easily do command throws (and that's half circle), but NRS-style is so eh, clunky.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Hasn't Tekken been recycling animations since like 1994? Even if they do borrow some I don't the big deal.
Hey don't try talking sense here, people are just gonna ignore you while half of the SF cast has the same fireball and upwards punch.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
There really isn't much. B3? Pray your highs hit on s1 and s2? he has no range on anything else maybe f3 but gl not getting destroyed for using such a slow move.
Okay just wanted to make sure I wasn’t crazy.

I was getting blown up by all kinds of shit last light.

Scorpions could just start spinning their chains at me and I had no answer in Dark Fate.

He recovers fast enough from the twirl to be able to just jump and react accordingly to my approach. Running in 2 is too slow to AA, running into boot is too slow and catch him, running into tackle is too slow, his walk and dash are neither far nor fast enough, his jump has no range or attack to catch them and they can just twirl the chain again as an AA on reaction.

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
Okay just wanted to make sure I wasn’t crazy.

I was getting blown up by all kinds of shit last light.

Scorpions could just start spinning their chains at me and I had no answer in Dark Fate.

He recovers fast enough from the twirl to be able to just jump and react accordingly to my approach. Running in 2 is too slow to AA, running into boot is too slow and catch him, running into tackle is too slow, his walk and dash are neither far nor fast enough, his jump has no range or attack to catch them and they can just twirl the chain again as an AA on reaction.
Not only can they just jump out of running man but it's interuptable my essentially anything anyone does

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub

Hey a tip for dbf. It helped me TONS. look at it as 2 inputs quarter circle back toward 3

So I'm gonna stick with it, but I feel Terminator's fundamentals are going to be a hell of a hill for me to climb. As a lot of people have mentioned his stubby reach and slow buttons have been making life real hard in the first two days. Fought a Johnny that was able to just D4 my whole soul outta my body. Only thing I could check with was my own D4 but that was not going to win the day. Just not sure how to get my own momentum going and then maintained.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
So far, he’s some of the most fun I’ve had in the game, but man getting to the point where you can comfortably do your mixups and get your damage is a challenge in some MUs. Really feeling the T Rex buttons people are talking about. Still, I don’t think he’s bad, and he’s a blast to play.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I can already feel the agony in this thread.
Imagine playing honest to god footsies with buttons that have hurtboxes, no ridiculous reach on downpokes and no unreactable F neutral move or teleport, in this game.
Much luck to you all.
Also, out of curiosity, how many of you have played against Erron Black? Can you actually get zoned out by d3/d4?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Well the DBF are pretty clunky as per NRS' brand.

In like SF I can easily do command throws (and that's half circle), but NRS-style is so eh, clunky.
Hey a tip for dbf. It helped me TONS. look at it as 2 inputs quarter circle back toward 3
New friends, I have been trying since MK9 to get these stupid things right. It gets me every time. The only character in any of these games that had one I felt comfortable with was Bane, and that's because he's my big scary Venom Boi and I love that character deep down in the soul. That's why all I do anymore is throw shit and Teleslam, and everything MK now I think of in terms of Noob + Shadow Math.

I'm gonna study this cyber man from ass to elbows once I kill this flu.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I can already feel the agony in this thread.
Imagine playing honest to god footsies with buttons that have hurtboxes, no ridiculous reach on downpokes and no unreactable F neutral move or teleport, in this game.
Much luck to you all.
Also, out of curiosity, how many of you have played against Erron Black? Can you actually get zoned out by d3/d4?
Imagine playing that in a game where everyone else has all of those tools.

Yeah, being honest is a setback when almost nobody else hasn’t to be tethered by that.

It’s like having a dagger in a knife fight while everyone else has swords. Sure you’re doing things the way they should be, but that doesn’t stop everyone else from abusing their bullshit against you.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I posted some tech in the tech thread. I feel Terminator is very strong and honest. He doesn't have very fast mids besides B1 being 13f and -4 on block in V3 with Ion Grenade but he really doesn't need it. He has great pokes, solid range with F2/F3/F4 and second hit of 12 has insane range and its -5 on block making it an Auto-FB launcher. He has amazing jailing from setups, restands, pokes:
  • His D1 is +12 on hit and yes its a 6f poke.
  • His D3 is +15 on hit OD Baraka level jailing.
I don't think his buttons are bad but what I do think sucks is his F3 options are OS able. Which hurts because he is very much built around those options as a base character.

Other than that he us mad strong in V3 with Ion setups that are plus 37 on block that jail into true 50/50 and the fact he can restand any combo in the corner Being +10 and jail into legit mix 123/212/121 is by itself very strong.

He definitely plays the meta and does very well with it. He just has built in weaknesses and that's not something to worry about. I feel he is either top tier or A minimum in Final Judgment.
The only thing I can see making him lower is the OS here:

Here is that setup I was referring to above:

LawAbidingCitizen

Imagine playing that in a game where everyone else has all of those tools.

Yeah, being honest is a setback when almost nobody else hasn’t to be tethered by that.

It’s like having a dagger in a knife fight while everyone else has swords. Sure you’re doing things the way they should be, but that doesn’t stop everyone else from abusing their bullshit against you.
I honestly don't feel he is that bad. He does have good mids:
  • 16f F4 that's 0 on block
  • 13f mid that's -4 with meter in Final Judgment.
  • Amazing D4
  • his jailing is off the charts with D1 +12 and D3 +15.
  • second hit of 12 has mad range.
Not to mention he has great mix, KB's, decent FB, damage and counter zoning and possibly the best 6f D1.
His D3 is quite possibly the best AA in the game maybe beat by Cassie's B3.

He isn't doing bad at anything just doesn't have a 9f mid. I've tested it and his B3 has nearly same range as Liu's B1 if not more.

The only thing I feel is really bad is you can OS his F3 options(posted that above)

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Genuine question. How would that setup even work with this game's 53 wakeup options? There is no reason whatsoever to just get up and block like that.
I don't see the point in working very hard dealing with full screen projectile spam, then to suffer in the mid range against all the extremely long range high pushback d4s, hurtboxless combo starters, more projectiles and safe yolo fuck playing the neutral moves like yeehaw f4 or raiden's teleport mixups.
Then there's oki, in this game, where the defender can mix up the attacker MKX style with how layered the wakeup system is.

LawAbidingCitizen

Genuine question. How would that setup even work with this game's 53 wakeup options? There is no reason whatsoever to just get up and block like that.
I don't see the point in working very hard dealing with full screen projectile spam, then to suffer in the mid range against all the extremely long range high pushback d4s, hurtboxless combo starters, more projectiles and safe yolo fuck playing the neutral moves like yeehaw f4 or raiden's teleport mixups.
Then there's oki, in this game, where the defender can mix up the attacker MKX style with how layered the wakeup system is.
If you noticed I only used 1 grenade. Still have one for
Incapacitator

Incapacitator regents after 5 seconds from throwing it.
Ion Grenade regents 6 seconds after throwing it.

Then there is conditioning with different setups. I posted several on my twitter showing you can stuff every wakeup option including delay. You do have to do different setups for different WU's but they still cover 2-3 options.
I have found you can condition your opponent not to use certain WU's with those setups

There are setups that end in meter disable that remove WU, Breakaway ect that you can follow up with my above setup.

Even with the F3 OS, at least V1 and V2 can blow it up. You can F3 bf3 which will screw that up in V1, V2 F3 running man Throw beats it out as well. I haven't messed with V3 at all yet so I dunno about that one. Anyways you can use the OS to your advantage once you know the opponent is doing it which gives you more mindgames afterwards.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
If you noticed I only used 1 grenade. Still have one for
Incapacitator

Incapacitator regents after 5 seconds from throwing it.
Ion Grenade regents 6 seconds after throwing it.

Then there is conditioning with different setups. I posted several on my twitter showing you can stuff every wakeup option including delay. You do have to do different setups for different WU's but they still cover 2-3 options.
I have found you can condition your opponent not to use certain WU's with those setups

There are setups that end in meter disable that remove WU, Breakaway ect that you can follow up with my above setup.
Wait.. what????
This character can disable wakeups????????????? Holy fucking shit that changes everything. I actually might have to pick him up because I'm so sick and tired of this awful awful wakeup system.

LawAbidingCitizen

Wait.. what????
This character can disable wakeups????????????? Holy fucking shit that changes everything. I actually might have to pick him up because I'm so sick and tired of this awful awful wakeup system.
Yeah its in his V3(Final Judgment)

Incapacitator Grenade which is unblockable high projectile that can be used in combos and is 14f startup so its hella fast and connects on nearly everything. It can be ducked but can't duck it in combo :)