What's new

T-800 Terminator General Discussion Thread

C-Sword

Noob
What kind of damage scaling is that? Adding b2 to those strings reduces the damage output

b2, (b2), 1, 2, 1, Amplified IT, b1

f3, 2, (b2), 1, 2, 1, Amplified IT, b1

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
What kind of damage scaling is that? Adding b2 to those strings reduces the damage output

b2, (b2), 1, 2, 1, Amplified IT, b1

f3, 2, (b2), 1, 2, 1, Amplified IT, b1
It reduces it alot. Going from f32 b2 b31 CMD you lose like 30 dmg adding the b2 and it makes it more difficult to land.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Dark Fate seems like the definite best way to go, Destroyer seems fine, but I feel like Final Judgement is pretty lacking. Of course, the grenades are super plus, but getting hit completely removes them, and with the massive recovery, that's not hard at all unless you do it on knockdown, and I just don't think some grenades that you can only really use on knockdown are that great. I think Incapacitator is this Variation's saving grace though. If only you could recast it.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Are Destroyer's 50/50s actually effective as 50/50s? The overhead is 28 frames and the low is 22 frames. Seems reactable to me. Also seems incredibly easy to stuff in the neutral. Not for me since my reactions are poopy, but for more reactive players it seems like itd be ineffective. I hear the low is good for beating projectiles tho

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Are Destroyer's 50/50s actually effective as 50/50s? The overhead is 28 frames and the low is 22 frames.
Where are you seeing that? His f2 is 18 frames and his f3 is 19

Edit: So I thought you were talking about the command grab restand he gets. Guess you meant string into overhead lunge/ground shake.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Are Destroyer's 50/50s actually effective as 50/50s? The overhead is 28 frames and the low is 22 frames. Seems reactable to me. Also seems incredibly easy to stuff in the neutral. Not for me since my reactions are poopy, but for more reactive players it seems like itd be ineffective. I hear the low is good for beating projectiles tho
Overhead is reactable for sure, but not the low.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
They work, for now. Better to do F2 on knockdown so they'll get grabbed either way.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Overhead is reactable for sure, but not the low.
Yeah but in theory you could block low and then look for the overhead. But F3xxGround Pound is prolly v irritating. I guess if you're mixing it up enough theyll start getting caught looking too hard for the options

I see a lot of issues with Terminator tbh. He's well designed but he's definitely a character who either slaughters or gets slaughtered. Delayed wakeup seems exceptionally strong against him.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Yeah but in theory you could block low and then look for the overhead. But F3xxGround Pound is prolly v irritating. I guess if you're mixing it up enough theyll start getting caught looking too hard for the options

I see a lot of issues with Terminator tbh. He's well designed but he's definitely a character who either slaughters or gets slaughtered. Delayed wakeup seems exceptionally strong against him.
Agreed. He has flaws. I've learned that meatying with his F3 or F2 is far too risky. Usually opt for 121 or 212.

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
Definitely lower tier. He's way to stubby gets zoned out hard af. Running man gets punished by literally anything. His "mix-ups" are super fuzzyable and well we all know how kl goes you don't put fear in people just more reason to spam try to poke.

Last edited:

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Definitely lower tier. He's way to stubby gets zoned out hard af. Running man gets punished by literally anything. His "mix-ups" are super fuzzyable and well we all know how kl goes you don't put fear in people just more reason to spam try to poke.
His mixups are not fuzzyable. F3/F2 is one of the only legitimate 50/50s in the game right now. Enforcing people to respect you enough to go for the 50/50 can be difficult.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Day 2 Oki setups off F3/F2:
F32 dash S4 Bf3: beats every wake up option in the game.
F2 Bf3MB J1 21 BF3: Beats ALMOST every wake up option (Scorpion and a few other U3's put them out of range of the grenade, but leaves them open for a whiff punish)

You have to wait and react to their defensive option. If they wake up U2/U3/Backroll, grenade launches them and you get a free F34 Krushing Blow. If they wake-up foward roll, whiff punish with 121. If they block/delay wake-up, you get free oki.

His second variation is definitely his strongest, but the other two are fun to mess around with.