What's new

T-800 Terminator General Discussion Thread

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
I'm glad I included that then. I felt like I went on a long rant lol

You may want to go into controls and change input Window timing to Long with easy input on for CMD Grab Characters if you haven't already. Then its simply getting the rhythm of doing D1 or F3 canceled into DBF2.

Yeah his B2 has serious scaling but you can find ways to get it above 20%.
But his B2 is very strong. Its only -9 on block and launches midscreen and in corner and many characters can't punish it.
B1 is same speed as B2 but its a mid and in V3 you can make it -4 to +4 on block with medium range Ion Grenade Amped.

You may not know this but Terminator has one of the best AA's in the game possibly 2nd best
His D3 has no hurtbox to be seen and beats Barakas JIK's like nothing else.
Cassie's B3 may be better but not much else.

Its the 3rd best in the game. I'm damn near convinced its almost better than Sub's if not even but Kotal's wavedash is definitely the best in the game.
Its funny Because Terminator's walkspeed is probably bottom 3.

Yeah so I don't see how anyone thinks Terminator lacks range with his insane wavedash and his CMD Grab range in Dark Fate is mad far, beyond D4 range. Pretty strong.
I know his AAs are really good that's way I get frustrated when I have people jumping constantly and my d3 doesn't connect or I get meatied. And his d2 is good but it's got practically 0 horizontal range. And unfortunately I'm not always quick enough to catch them with his air to air grab I get beat more trying to do that than I do trying to d3. It's likely just that I'm not quick enough for it but it doesn't change how strong jumping attacks are

FDMK

FDMK Webmaster
The input for his first fatality is actually fbfb1
not bfb1. No idea how they managed to fuck that up.
BFB1 definitely works if you hold block while doing the directional inputs. FBFB also works if you don’t want to hold block. The extra forward must help keep you close enough.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
People really dissecting this character on twitter. Worried hes gonna be trash once people really know the matchup.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
That’s why Final Judgement will be the best variation. The other variations have hard counters, but FJ forces reads. Not to mention has the best ability to punish.
I was actually labbing Final Judgement earlier and started seeing how good it could potentially be. He has a lot of setup potential and the wakeup disable is stronger than peope are giving credit for. Feel like this is variation that Sonicfox will look into one day and show how dirty it can be.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
While this is true, I've been messing around with punishing into shotgun amped once forward. Leaves standing and you're +16 right in mixup range.
Decent damage too.

I'll definitely be checking out your V3 goodies.
THats very good. I'll experiment with that. Thanks.
Honestly I'm just in love with V3. My favorite character since MK3 was Cyrax so Final Judgment just fits.

In MKX Cyrax had HTB setups that MK11 doesn't and resets but I feel Terminator V3 is the more honest version of Cyrax. TER gets Ion Grenade setups that can be +40 on block and he has Top 3 wavedash so its very strong. Even though he lacks punishers and long range fast mids like some top tiers I feel the restands and setups make up for it. When you get it going you are putting them into 50/50 blenders that jail into mix and if that isn't enough you have a grenade that disables your opponent completely removing their ability to use meter for 7 seconds which is unbelievable and strong.

Join the Final Judgment side its nice over here.
For real though I think all 3 variations are at least above Mid tier maybe A the only thing I think he struggles against is strong zoning but once he gets in he can make it hurt and do multiple 50/50 sequences that can melt 70% health with 2 grenades and two bars not including FB.

LawAbidingCitizen

That’s why Final Judgement will be the best variation. The other variations have hard counters, but FJ forces reads. Not to mention has the best ability to punish.
I was actually labbing Final Judgement earlier and started seeing how good it could potentially be. He has a lot of setup potential and the wakeup disable is stronger than peope are giving credit for. Feel like this is variation that Sonicfox will look into one day and show how dirty it can be.
I firmly believe Final Judgment is the best in certain ways but it looks like several pros are bandwagon the Dark Fate with Running man and Suped up CMD Grab with massive range.

The setups alone are very strong and the fact he gets to enforce guess in places V2 can be OSed.
F3xxIonGrenadeAmp will blow up F3 OS.
It can also be made safe at max range and close grenade amped at any range is -11 and many characters can't punish it including Jacquis F3.
  • Then add you can make almost any button safe at max range using amped Ion.
  • F4/B1 are always safe when camping Ion and launch on hit.
  • Timed Grenades or non amped (Rolling Ion) can be +40 on block and there are several setups many of which cover 4 WU options.
  • Incapacitator Grenade is super strong and if no one sees that then they haven't labbed it. I found a way to loop the grenades allowing me two use 3 Grenades in two consecutive combos respawning a grenade on belt before combo ends and still disabling their WU's.
The Incapacitator Nades are used for much more than just stopping breakaway and WU im finding they are effective:
  • as anti zoning tool.
  • making opponents punishes not hurt.
  • anti WU
  • Anti Breakaway
  • resetting neutral because they are fearful.
Its worth mentioning F2xxBF1 jails. Some characters can punish without meter but some do less than 14% when they are incapacitated.

I do however feel Final Judgment struggles vs Zoners with jack of all trades tools like:

• Shang Warlock (ground skulls eek)
  • Sonya (of course) but incapacitator helps drop her mid projectiles amp and KB.
  • Scarlet this MU is pretty frustrating if they are skilled.
  • Cetrion for obvious reasons.
  • Johnny V3 zoning is a pain but I feel Wavedash helps a lot since it only hits full screen mostly.
But I'm not sure about numbers, once he gets in you can make it hurt and hurt again at least in Final Judgment and I get 30%+ off any button into restands or setups.

Every character does krushing blows on Terminator. We really liked all the detail put into the endoskeleton and wanted to make this video showing off some of the krushing blows and also added some fatalities in there that showed the endoskeleton pretty hard. Hope you guys like the video :)

THats very good. I'll experiment with that. Thanks.
Honestly I'm just in love with V3. My favorite character since MK3 was Cyrax so Final Judgment just fits.

In MKX Cyrax had HTB setups that MK11 doesn't and resets but I feel Terminator V3 is the more honest version of Cyrax. TER gets Ion Grenade setups that can be +40 on block and he has Top 3 wavedash so its very strong. Even though he lacks punishers and long range fast mids like some top tiers I feel the restands and setups make up for it. When you get it going you are putting them into 50/50 blenders that jail into mix and if that isn't enough you have a grenade that disables your opponent completely removing their ability to use meter for 7 seconds which is unbelievable and strong.

Join the Final Judgment side its nice over here.
For real though I think all 3 variations are at least above Mid tier maybe A the only thing I think he struggles against is strong zoning but once he gets in he can make it hurt and do multiple 50/50 sequences that can melt 70% health with 2 grenades and two bars not including FB.
Yeah it sounds mad strong. Only reason I haven't checked it out is because I'm primarily a grappler player in fighting games so I'm really into Dark Fate, and none of the other cuddly characters are doin it for me.

Terminator seems pretty solid all around so I think it'll come down to how someone wants to play it. Though, the incapacitator made my eyes fall out on kombat kast and I'm really shocked at how few people are recognizing how good that thing is.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Yeaaaa definitely leaning towards final judgement. Dark Fate has really strong offense but the defensive options in this game kinda make it hard to enforce. Final judgement literally lets you ignore defensive options lol.

LawAbidingCitizen

Destroyer feels pretty bad. Kinda wish the ground smash was safe. It would make it mote threatening.
Yeah I feel that way too. Destroyer can make shit hurt but it feels like he doesn't have good punishers from 121/21/F4 and mostly relies on hitting the F3 and B2 for launch to land the big bottom damage. I'm sure its viable in the right hands and has very cool specials but I feel its lacking to many things Dark Fate & Final Judgment cover.

I'm finding some bad MU's with FJ that he struggles in several areas primarily zoning characters like Shang/Sonya but I can't get over the setups and mind games you have with it.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Isn’t amp shotty a downright fantastic move to end a punish string with? +16 and in range with a character who has an overhead/low game and a command grab is no joke.
It damn sure is scary af. Also even 121 on hit leaves u at +14, which also jails into oh/low/cmd grab

Was playing casual mode against Terminator and he had this move where he becomes invincible and any attack I do against him is a counter. Nothing stopped him.

I knew he had some kind of move like this but I didn't know he could use it from full health and keep using it so long as he has a bar.

How to defend against this? I've faced 3 terminators in a row doing this exact same thing.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Was playing casual mode against Terminator and he had this move where he becomes invincible and any attack I do against him is a counter. Nothing stopped him.

I knew he had some kind of move like this but I didn't know he could use it from full health and keep using it so long as he has a bar.

How to defend against this? I've faced 3 terminators in a row doing this exact same thing.
Lol. Yeah, that's not a tournament move, but it's pretty broke. If I remember correctly, he can't dash or jump when he activates it. You can't do much of anything except block, or run away if you can.

Lol. Yeah, that's not a tournament move, but it's pretty broke. If I remember correctly, he can't dash or jump when he activates it. You can't do much of anything except block, or run away if you can.
Man. I just faced another Terminator equipped with this move in Kasual. This is going to be the new gimmick once word gets around more. What I noticed is he does actually take damage but nothing stuns him when it's activated and combos don't work against him. Neither do throws. It's ridiculous. FB's still work.

Most broke move I've seen in this game to the point I was fairly sure it was a bug! Done twice in a row at the start of the match you have to avoid the opponent for like 20 seconds.

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
Yeah I feel that way too. Destroyer can make shit hurt but it feels like he doesn't have good punishers from 121/21/F4 and mostly relies on hitting the F3 and B2 for launch to land the big bottom damage. I'm sure its viable in the right hands and has very cool specials but I feel its lacking to many things Dark Fate & Final Judgment cover.

I'm finding some bad MU's with FJ that he struggles in several areas primarily zoning characters like Shang/Sonya but I can't get over the setups and mind games you have with it.
He loses hard to long range normals imo. Ie. Dvorah Kabal kollector the khans

LawAbidingCitizen

He loses hard to long range normals imo. Ie. Dvorah Kabal kollector the khans
You talking about Final Judgment?
I do think that's one of his struggles but I do feel he has decent Footsie tools like D4/F4 and Ion Grenade and in some matchups B1/B2. But yeah I had most problems against Cassie with long range tools and top tier zoning. Kabal I think can fit that category having good zoning and great range on top of many other things.
Who do you think he loses to and why? I don't have MU numbers or anything since its only been a few days just kind of seeing possible weaknesses. Its completely possible I haven't found the proper way to play each MU though

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
You talking about Final Judgment?
I do think that's one of his struggles but I do feel he has decent Footsie tools like D4/F4 and Ion Grenade and in some matchups B1/B2. But yeah I had most problems against Cassie with long range tools and top tier zoning. Kabal I think can fit that category having good zoning and great range on top of many other things.
Who do you think he loses to and why? I don't have MU numbers or anything since its only been a few days just kind of seeing possible weaknesses. Its completely possible I haven't found the proper way to play each MU though
I play mostly dark fate. Who tbh has the worst of the 3. I can't say overall but personally difficult MUs for me have been noob, cassie, Kang, dvorah, bone picker baraka, the Khan's, cetrion, I could see Jade being annoying but I had enough of that bitch when I was playing Kano, I've heard kitana is rough but haven't had much personal issue with her, Kabal. I don't usually have issues with Jax, lao, Shang, frost. I do well against scorpion, Kano. I have issues with Johnny still no matter who I'm playing so I won't put him in there. Alot of this could still just be me tho.

Edit; the hitbox on his d2 is fucking ATROCIOUS

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

I play mostly dark fate. Who tbh has the worst of the 3. I can't say overall but personally difficult MUs for me have been noob, cassie, Kang, dvorah, bone picker baraka, the Khan's, cetrion, I could see Jade being annoying but I had enough of that bitch when I was playing Kano, I've heard kitana is rough but haven't had much personal issue with her, Kabal. I don't usually have issues with Jax, lao, Shang, frost. I do well against scorpion, Kano. I have issues with Johnny still no matter who I'm playing so I won't put him in there. Alot of this could still just be me tho.

Edit; the hitbox on his d2 is fucking ATROCIOUS
The D2 is really good for certain conversions but its not an AA imo. His D3 AA is 2nd best in the game and his s1/B3 are Godlike from range.

Believe it is not I played vs a very good Shang Tsung with Final Judgment and was having serious problems getting through Ground Skull/Corpse/Straight Skull. But Dark Fate is my go to for Shang That Running Man

Gaxkang

Banned
Hmmm, I'll try that when I get home today. That fatality has been really annoying me. I only managed to get it to work once. I must've accidentally added an extra 'forward' when I pulled it off.

I've seen some other folks say you have to be as close as possible to your opponent. You have to hold block when doing the directional inputs so you don't move away at all.
Yeah you want to be point blank, you should be able to do the motion without holding block, ya just gotta do it quickly but not too quickly lest you just punch them.

With his other fatality...the DFD4, the range on that one is interesting...it's mid but it only seems to work in a very certain spot, as in, just outside of what the game considers close range. It's the only mid fatality that acts like that I think.