What's new

T-800 Terminator General Discussion Thread

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
These kinds of comments often come from people with no idea of the actual time constraints a game studio has to deal with.

Having similar animations to other characters is such a non-issue, but we're sure to hear droves of it for the next while anyways, and then the passive-aggressive "lol we can't dare love/hate the gam or we yelled at" option selects in both directions.
I was simply stating that in previous mk games the dlc time frame was shorter and they weren't riddled with a litany of duplicated animations. Im still gonna use him.it's still fun it just makes things a little strange that they've known who the dlc characters are going to be it's not like that shit was decided after release

I was simply stating that in previous mk games the dlc time frame was shorter and they weren't riddled with a litany of duplicated animations. Im still gonna use him.it's still fun it just makes things a little strange that they've known who the dlc characters are going to be it's not like that shit was decided after release
Steph has even said Terminator doesn't use any of Jason's animations.

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
Steph has even said Terminator doesn't use any of Jason's animations.
Minor changes to frames doesn't make it different animations lol they are so fucking close it's not even funny. What about his stomp overhead like barakas from mk11? It's just an observation of someone whose been playing video games my entire life.

Minor changes to frames doesn't make it different animations lol they are so fucking close it's not even funny. What about his stomp overhead like barakas from mk11? It's just an observation of someone whose been playing video games my entire life.
According to Steph they don't reuse animations, take that however you will.
We've all been playing video games for a long time, so grats you're the same as the rest of us, but you're assuming a lot from the development process and I'm talking to you as someone who's seen that side of the coin.

All of that said, again, why does this matter? So what if an animation looks similar to another character's?
Like, for real, so what?
What is it that you need from Terminator's animations exactly?

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Some ppl need to chill t f out. Sure he has similar to Jason animations but they are nowhere as close to be called identical. And I was sub-maining Jason aswell. Those guys are straight up crazy.

haketh

Noob
What are these recycled animations from Jason because I am not seeing them at all, his low stomp isn't even that similar to Baraka's B3 so I don't see where you're getting that from.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Anyone else play the Terminator tower over the weekend? It's clear now that sunglasses are his third gear option....Holy shit those glasses were ugly.

He's really not flashy in appearance or moveset...which makes sense...but, you almost have to go with the battle damage skin just so there's something going on

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Anyone else play the Terminator tower over the weekend? It's clear now that sunglasses are his third gear option....Holy shit those glasses were ugly.

He's really not flashy in appearance or moveset...which makes sense...but, you almost have to go with the battle damage skin just so there's something going on
Yeah, it's shotgun, glasses and grenades. Kinda sad it's not boots but whatever. I like the tshirt skins!

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
B3 is his fastest mid (10f) but it's stubby. 6f d1. F2 is maybe the fastest overhead starter in the game (18f) but is -17 to compensate. B1 is a funky mid with a mid followed by an up throw motion whether it hits or not (ill-advised). Downpokes are pretty typical with d3 being a stubby Frost-like thing that will probably be a decent AA.

Seems decent so far.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I don't like to give over the top criticism but NRS is a fucking joke with this tournament variation stuff. You should get 3 default variations with the same loadout and name as the tournament variations. If I want the right loadout for a tourney variation with the right name to use in the normal part of the game, I have to create it manually and type out the name, for EVERY VARIATION.

And this created a ton of confusion and I'm sure to this day there's still player wondering what's up with this. I made a whole guide about tourney variations because people were so confused on release as to what was in tournament or not. After that one patch, we can select the tourney variation in practice mode but that means going through two loading screens every time and not having any of your hard earned gear on.

The only thing they would have to do is set the two default variations to three variations that are the tourney variations and boom, all of these issues are avoided. If they really really really wanted casuals to play some of these whack default variations for whatever reason then they could have at least gave us a way to quickly make a loadout into a tournament loadout with the name and all. The UI looks great but the UI team leaves something to desire when it comes to functionality.

Character seems cool though