What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Eh. If you're talking viable characters it's definitely more than 8-10. Probably 15 or so. And the ones under that are still viable online just not so much in tournament. I mean is there a single character that doesn't have master representation?
no not about viable at all. Im sure if i spent the time with the match ups i coild find ways around alot of stuff but i mean i dont like the v trigger and die stuff. Ken does awsome damage with v trigger and it gives him a great come back factor but yall cant deny that there are some that get v trigger snd its match over.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Just because he isn't top tier doesn't mean that his ability to make comebacks isn't hella strong...because it is, especially due to his v-trigger, which was the argument.
na it wasn't. But as i said his v trigger is great but it doesn't mean game over like some other ones. Im not claiming to be a great sfv player. Just some observstions.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
fraudulent vtrigggers tier list

S tier balrog abigail laura urien ibuki akuma necalli

Not as S tier birdie ken gief alex bison juri mika

no not about viable at all. Im sure if i spent the time with the match ups i coild find ways around alot of stuff but i mean i dont like the v trigger and die stuff. Ken does awsome damage with v trigger and it gives him a great come back factor but yall cant deny that there are some that get v trigger snd its match over.
Eh. There's more to the really strong characters than just their v triggers and pretty much none of them are "get v trigger and insta win tier" even aegis(imo the strongest trigger) can be played around and defended against with good reactions and some matchup xp, he can't get any real 50/50s off of an aegis on block.

capcom has an arcade cabinet sample for sfv prototype. i feel like we’re getting a new edition of the hame for season 3.

zekku will be revealed this friday at comic con ny.

im the best guile in the world.

that is all.
I mean, I watched you lose to a diamond Menat yesterday

Edit: Obviously trolling. Points out your 90% win rate overall online.

:p

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I really can't wait for January 16th and Season 3. Able select from 2 V triggers sounds amazing. I'm already have fun with mvci, We get the update for SFV and new balance patch, and DBZF is coming out a month right after this.

The new UI and colors also looks amazing. Does it look like to anyone else the graphics been updated too? I heard there an update to UE to fix the input latency. You thin they will implement that to the new update too?

Yoooo Viewtiful Joe!

I really can't wait for January 16th and Season 3. Able select from 2 V triggers sounds amazing. I'm already have fun with mvci, We get the update for SFV and new balance patch, and DBZF is coming out a month right after this.

The new UI and colors also looks amazing. Does it look like to anyone else the graphics been updated too? I heard there an update to UE to fix the input latency. You thin they will implement that to the new update too?

Yoooo Viewtiful Joe!

Hell yea im hyped too!

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
And they might implement mvci netcode too along with input latency update its like the aligning of planets for his game

as for the viewtiful joe costume it says there is unlockable costumes exclusive to some of these new game modes

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Viewtiful Joe Rashid Skin.. That's kinda cool.

I'm very happy to see this. For all my complaining I'm a SF player at heart, and if they handle the balance patch well and add some new content we will hopefully have a better game with a healthier meta and at least *some* new blood trickling in to the scene.

Id like to see them implement a kind of Primary-Secondary balance scheme, where once a year we get a large balance patch designed to change to game in significant ways while keeping characters true to their purpose and basic gameplans - ie Karin isn't going to get a sonic boom and become a zoner or someshit - but the meta receives a useful shakeup that keeps the game marginally fresh moving forward. In a perfect world this would be accomplished by adding small systemic changes that slightly increased the complexity of things moving forward, allowing each new primary update to add options to what already exists.. Then a secondary patch that falls approx 3-4ish months after the first and is designed to iron out wrinkles in the initial shakeup, tone down anyone made stupid, beef up anyone flagging, etc. This would be a very SMALL patch. Nothing that drastically alters gameplay *at all*, but just rounds off any rough edges. They kind of did this for s2, and I'd just like it to be made official.

Game is looking good moving forward then. The UI looks great and if they *WERE* to pull the input lag down even further, I think the community as a whole would be so damn in love they could throw extra terrible Chun-Li costumes at us that we'd all buy up out of thankfulness, if nothing else.

I'm excited. I just hope I can find my motivation to play again. I'm hoping Zeku turns out to be interesting - maybe that can get me back. I mean, 100% I'll be back, with bells on, for s3, but in the meantime..

Maybe I should just go back to Karin.