What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
My bday is next week and I asked friends/ family for the ryu ones. If I don't get them I'm buying them myself lol. I obviously want a karin pair, I can picture how they'd look in my head with "guren/ ken" or "oh/ ohoho" on the bottom, with red leather and white detail, the opposite of ryus.
Yeah, in a perfect world there would be a Karin pair (my first real 'main' in this game) and/or an Akuma pair (if I can be said to have a main in a game I don't play right now, it's Akuma).

If Urien had a pair there should be a rectangle of inset mirrored cloth with a clear resin over it on the souls, so it looks like his reflector, and infact, would reflect light and such.

Yeah, in a perfect world there would be a Karin pair (my first real 'main' in this game) and/or an Akuma pair (if I can be said to have a main in a game I don't play right now, it's Akuma).

If Urien had a pair there should be a rectangle of inset mirrored cloth with a clear resin over it on the souls, so it looks like his reflector, and infact, would reflect light and such.
Uriens should be gray pinstripes like his suit with purple accents and aegis reflector in purple and white on the soles. God I'd have two pairs already lol.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Ok so i have given this game a good chance today. Sober and knowing i am behind the meta. The way i see it is......
There are a group of characters that have everything this game has to offer. Probably about 8 to 10 from the roster. Then there is the rest. I have played all day today and 2 times i have come against somebody playing outside this top 8 to 10. The amount of set play within this select group makes this game not so fun to play. There are particular characters that when they get a hit with v trigger you die. This needs ro change imo. I have no problem with come back mechanics but some in this game are way op. This does not stem from a salty experience as i dont play this game on a torney level but as somebody who plays alot of different fgs and is just an observation. I would be happy ro discuss with anybody on this site who plays outside this 10. This is not a diss at all as i said before i enjoy tekken more than this game. Or wven with those who pmay the top 10 and explain if i am missing something

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
The amount of set play within this select group makes this game not so fun to play. There are particular characters that when they get a hit with v trigger you die. This needs ro change imo. I have no problem with come back mechanics but some in this game are way op.
Breaking new ground here.
I think you'll it's more than 8-10 characters that are capable of huge momentum shifts when they activate trigger; Ken activates and immediately drags you to the corner so he can meaty throw loop/throw bait you to death

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
It's the nature of the game I guess. I dislike it enormously - the meta, not the game - and feel like sfv is a change or two away from being outstanding. It has brilliant moments, but they are peopled with the looping offense and basic set play that make game silly and repetitive. The overly simplistic nature of most characters doesn't help either. The balance, for regular play is quite good for the most part, but it's for the wrong reasons..

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Breaking new ground here.
I think you'll it's more than 8-10 characters that are capable of huge momentum shifts when they activate trigger; Ken activates and immediately drags you to the corner so he can meaty throw loop/throw bait you to death
and he is not inside the top 8 to 10 in this game sooo... and this from the same guy who said ibuki isn't top teir.

Eh. If you're talking viable characters it's definitely more than 8-10. Probably 15 or so. And the ones under that are still viable online just not so much in tournament. I mean is there a single character that doesn't have master representation?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
and he is not inside the top 8 to 10 in this game sooo... and this from the same guy who said ibuki isn't top teir.
So you are complaining about some abusable v-triggers as if you aren't using one yourself?

and nice try

You'll see the light in season 2. I have a feeling people will be jumping ship when Ibuki is running the show

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Just because he isn't top tier doesn't mean that his ability to make comebacks isn't hella strong...because it is, especially due to his v-trigger, which was the argument.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
capcom has an arcade cabinet sample for sfv prototype. i feel like we’re getting a new edition of the hame for season 3.

zekku will be revealed this friday at comic con ny.

im the best guile in the world.

that is all.