What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I just thought of something that I can't recall thinking about before, maybe because it came natural, but since SF is a very neutral and footsie played game, when you jump in on someone and they block your jump-in hit, who has the advantage after that? I mean if I do a jump in with a Ryu fierce and they block what happens if I try to follow up with a crouching short but they (say another Ryu) tries the same crouching short after they've blocked my jump in?
look up frame data lol.. fierces have massive adv like more then +10
I'd point out it depends on how you hit. Deeper the attack connects, the more frame advantage. I wouldn't go with a "+10 no matter what" rule.

You can't really call tiers from tournament results.

At the end of the day, it's still about putting things together in a match up chart and seeing who comes out on top.

Nash seems strong, but there are indications that he loses certain match ups. Compare to characters like Chun-Li and Cammy who currently seem to have to have no bad match ups.

We might be looking at another "Wesker" situation where someone seems strong early on but drops off once people learn to take advantage of his flaws (or, simply get better).
Yea that's true.

I haven't played SFV since 5 days because I still haven't gotten my LiangHuBBB ID back
I contacted capcom, even made a topic on capcom's site, no response yet.
did anyone ever got their SFV ID back after a name swap glitch?

any help is appreciated

I haven't played SFV since 5 days because I still haven't gotten my LiangHuBBB ID back
I contacted capcom, even made a topic on capcom's site, no response yet.
did anyone ever got their SFV ID back after a name swap glitch?

any help is appreciated
I saw the video you posted. Was it just a name swap or were your points and everything switched too?

Edit: I've been hunting around online looking for an answer for you, but it appears that everywhere I go you've already posted something. Have you tried deleting game data or reinstalling from scratch?

Last edited:
Here's a play list of videos that shows the hit boxes of every move. The great thing about it as opposed to the collection of still images recently published on SRK and EHubs is that you can actually see how long the active frames actually last for.

When you see how short many moves active periods are you realise why mashing lights beats out the priority system more than it should.

Nash has way too many plus on block moves. With has much range as his normal have, there's no reason for six of them to be plus. Sonic boom is also safe on block and the EX version is plus? Also his air overhead is plus?

He's too safe. He's top tier. Time doesn't change his plus frames unless there's a patch. Not saying it should happen, just saying that I think he's top tier for sure.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Nash has way too many plus on block moves. With has much range as his normal have, there's no reason for six of them to be plus. Sonic boom is also safe on block and the EX version is plus? Also his air overhead is plus?

He's too safe. He's top tier. Time doesn't change his plus frames unless there's a patch. Not saying it should happen, just saying that I think he's top tier for sure.
No frame 1 invincibility on his V trigger teleport, no 3 frame normals, no invincible or armoured reversal outside of super, air overhead (moonsault slash) is + on block but it has very low air priority and is easy to hit him out on reaction. Definitely a strong character and I agree on him being top tier as you say, but like every character has his flaws and you can abuse him on knockdown.

Reactions: d3v

Nash does have some good plus moves, but many that appear plus actually aren't and can be punished. All but one of his command normals are minus on block, as are most of his specials. Moonsault is a different story with light, medium and heavy being +1,2 and 3 respectively. Perhaps it's massively punishable on start up or something, but as it stands it just seems to be a 'get in for free' button.

I admit that I haven't labbed him properly yet, so I may well be wrong on the matter.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Nash does have some good plus moves, but many that appear plus actually aren't and can be punished. All but one of his command normals are minus on block, as are most of his specials. Moonsault is a different story with light, medium and heavy being +1,2 and 3 respectively. Perhaps it's massively punishable on start up or something, but as it stands it just seems to be a 'get in for free' button.

I admit that I haven't labbed him properly yet, so I may well be wrong on the matter.
You can aa him as hes coming down.

Apparently F.A.N.G. is better than M. Bison now because no Bisons were in Final Round top 50 despite alot of top Bison players being at Final round.
I feel your low tier pain @myleswright

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

All of nash's command normals are negative. With only step kik (F+HK) and jumping sobat (F+MK) safe at -2 and -3 respectively. His fastest regular normal is 4f, while there are other characters with 3f normals. Some are plus, some neutral, few negative. If he cancels into something that's not jaguar kick he's negative, if he cancels in to jaguar kick you can hit with almost anything before it connects. Nash is a character that you're going to have lab up. If you don't know the MU he can easily disrespect the shit out of you and seem OP.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

I agree. I think he is def top tier. I've always felt that since watching Infiltration stream. I don't think he needs nerfs though. Still the game is young and interested what changes are going to be made in the next year and the following.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Apparently F.A.N.G. is better than M. Bison now because no Bisons were in Final Round top 50 despite alot of top Bison players being at Final round.
I feel your low tier pain @myleswright
No one thinks this. I can't actually imagine anyone disputing F.A.N.G not being the worst character in the game anymore

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Nash is awesome but certainly has a few weaknesses that have been stated already. I could see him potentially falling off just slightly as people become more familiar with him. He'll always be really solid though.

The moonsault seems to be one of those really annoying moves early on but it will eventually get figured out and AA'd the majority of the time.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Nash gets outpoked by other top tiers easily (chun li hate). The moonsault gets antiaired so easy even people randomly spamming jabs out of fear do it.

What makes him top tier is his dash, which is godlike. Infiltration dashed the fk out of the competition last tourney.
His dash makes everything else he has look very strong.

He's Nash. And he has a dash. Nash. Dash. NASHDASH!!!!!1

Nash is awesome but certainly has a few weaknesses that have been stated already. I could see him potentially falling off just slightly as people become more familiar with him. He'll always be really solid though.

The moonsault seems to be one of those really annoying moves early on but it will eventually get figured out and AA'd the majority of the time.
Just got back from an offline session. Got tired of losing with Gief so I switched to Ryu. All of a sudden moonsault wasn't a problem.