What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
now that i think about it

i might be the best DUCK in north america
FTFY :rolleyes:

Zoning and footsies feel like they play such a small part in this game. The only win condition is to rushdown your opponent
If you play a character who could out range opponents or lacks in mixups compared to others, expect for your opponents to try to tip the scales in their favor. Play Ryu, Ken, Gief and talk about being overwhelmed. I love all the free DPs I get, And when I face A gief with a character that zones him out, that's what I do. No need to pressure and end up eating 360s.

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
Zoning and footsies feel like they play such a small part in this game. The only win condition is to rushdown your opponent
Zoning does play less of a role in 5 then other games but you're absolutely wrong about footsies. Maybe that's why you always complain about losing with F.a.n.g.

Last edited:
FTFY :rolleyes:

If you play a character who could out range opponents or lacks in mixups compared to others, expect for your opponents to try to tip the scales in their favor. Play Ryu, Ken, Gief and talk about being overwhelmed. I love all the free DPs I get, And when I face A gief with a character that zones him out, that's what I do. No need to pressure and end up eating 360s.
Wait... what? actually yeah, just dp. :p

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Zoning does play less of a in 5 then other games but you're absolutely wrong about footsies. Maybe that's why you always complain about losing with F.a.n.g.
I get glimpse of footsies before being vortexed to death and it's generally my opponents fishing for pokes that crush counter for full combos, dashing into my face or them jumping because the reward for a jump-in is the round and the punishment for it is <40 dmg

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I get glimpse of footsies before being vortexed to death
You only got glimpse cause you lost the neutral battle and now have to defend on wakeup.

it's generally my opponents fishing for pokes that crush counter for full combos
Heavies are negative, Sweeps are all punishable but I think some can get away with tipping. Stop mashing and block.

dashing into my face or them jumping because the reward for a jump-in is the round and the punishment for it is <40 dmg
Again this is you losing neutral. They are reading your lack of buttons and space control so they just run over you. If you're F.A.N.G and they're just dashing in, you aren't using F.A.N.G's tools correctly. As for jump ins, you got st.MK, cr.HP, fireball, command dash, plus plenty air normals cause of the jump arc and how good is buttons are.

F.A.N.G isn't extra powerful but it makes you look extra bad when you're complaints are just you messing up in the game.

Wait... what? actually yeah, just dp. :p
Played some zangief online finally. Faced 2 ryus for my first 2 matches. Went 0-2. Worst part is I get a nice flow going and fuck up one thing and it goes downhill from there. I'm so streaky with him right now. Plus my 360 and dash 720 execution is ass in the clutch. :oops:
We should play some time though.:D

I feel your pain @mules wright

As a bison player I'm constantly getting vortexed and pressured by characters with 3 frame jabs and true reversals.

sadaloo crime syndicate :(

#the struggle of waiting a whole year for buffs

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You only got glimpse cause you lost the neutral battle and now have to defend on wakeup.

Heavies are negative, Sweeps are all punishable but I think some can get away with tipping. Stop mashing and block.

Again this is you losing neutral. They are reading your lack of buttons and space control so they just run over you. If you're F.A.N.G and they're just dashing in, you aren't using F.A.N.G's tools correctly. As for jump ins, you got st.MK, cr.HP, fireball, command dash, plus plenty air normals cause of the jump arc and how good is buttons are.

F.A.N.G isn't extra powerful but it makes you look extra bad when you're complaints are just you messing up in the game.
Why are you theory fighting?

I'm not talking about sweeps. Characters crush with pokes, POKES! like M.Bisons df.hp or several characters st.hks and everyone gets opened up by the speed characters can move across the ground because you can't react to the dashes. F.A.N.G. can anti-air but he also has recovery on his buttons; for a character that loses when he gets touched once there's large amount of risk attached to everything he does in neutral.
If you don't press a button you get dashed on, you do press a button and you get jumped on and the threat of being crush countered or whiff punished is always there because F.A.N.G isn't fortunate enough to have normals with no hurtbox

Look at the way SonicFox plays F.A.N.G which is easily the best direction for the character at the moment. You don't want to zone because you can't anyway and you don't want to play much neutral because you don't get anything out of it. Everyone elses neutral progresses to set-ups or pressure whildy F.A.N.Gs neutral just leads to more neutral. He burns meter for the mix-up and goes in as hard as possible to take out his opponent because he has realised the best way to avoid getting touched and losing with F.A.N.G is to just take out your opponent faster than they can take you out. The safest place for F.A.N.G to be in this game is on top of the opponent at frame advantage

Last edited:

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
When i lose to F.A.N.G it´s mostly because i can´t rush him down. He just keeps me far away and zones me (mostly people with 4-5k points who are way better than i am :D)

I suspect Capcom UK's staff are former NHS administrators. They share the same country of origin, and the same definition of the word 'shortly'...

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Looking forward to seeing how free the trials are. Had some trouble doing some of the tighter shit in SF4 but theres been no combo in this game i cant land in a few mins of training, even with character i have never played before. Buffer window is too good!

Looking forward to seeing how free the trials are. Had some trouble doing some of the tighter shit in SF4 but theres been no combo in this game i cant land in a few mins of training, even with character i have never played before. Buffer window is too good!
The trials in USF4 were mostly useless. I played Hugo and used maybe two of them in real matches. I like the idea of trials being a training tool for practical, in game combos. If they want harder trials, they should be more situational like the one's included in 3SOE, where they can teach you different uses for parries moves, or how to correctly time strict frame traps, or get a reversal timing on a 1 frame punish window. User generated trials would be great too, so as new tech becomes available you can learn it in game.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
did the connection just got worse since the maintenance yesterday or is it just me?
I had huge wait times and a ton of rollback playing last night, and doing a battle lounge that usually holds connection fine was unplayable from the start :(

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Hey everyone!

We have some exciting news to share today: the long awaited March update that contains Alex will be releasing next week in two separate drops. Hit the jump for more details!

The first drop will take place on March 28 (MON) and contains the following content:

• Challenge Mode
    • Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter V through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
      • Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
      • Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
      • Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
      • Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
    • Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.
  • Online Rematch Option
    • Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match and Casual Matches, provided both players accept the rematch.

• Battle Lounge Improvements
    • Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.
  • Bug fixes and gameplay balancing
    • Various game bugs have been fixed, along with minor gameplay balancing. For more details please see the previous post.

The second drop will take place on March 30 (WED) at 10AM PT and contains the following content:

• Alex + related character story content
  • In-Game Shop
    • Fight Money Expenditure: Spend your hard earned Fight Money to purchase extra game content, such as DLC characters (100,000 FM each) and the Story Mode Costumes (40,000 FM each).
One feature that will not be making it into the March update will be the Zenny (real money) functionality of the in-game shop. We have taken a long hard look at this part of the store, and after much review, have decided it is not ready to launch just yet. As Zenny is purchased with real money, we wanted to be extra careful and make sure it’s fully tested and optimized before launching it. There is currently no ETA on the Zenny store and we will release it as soon as it’s ready.

We realize that this causes an inconvenience to fans who want to purchase the DLC characters, such as Alex, but do not have enough Fight Money or own the Season Pass. To address this, we will be making Alex available for free as a trial period to all players, until the Zenny shop launches. This also will apply to any future DLC character that releases prior to the Zenny shop launching. Once the Zenny shop launches, the free trial for any DLC characters that released prior to the Zenny shop opening will end, and players will need to either use Fight Money, Zenny, or the Season Pass to access those characters.

Any DLC character related content (such as costumes) that is purchased with Fight Money during the trial period will remain in your account once the trial period ends, but you’ll need to purchase Alex to use that content. The same goes for colors and character progress, etc. that are earned during the trial period; everything will be saved, you’ll just need to purchase the character to resume your progress once the trial period ends.

As a special bonus to our Season Pass users, they will be the only ones who will be able to access the premium costumes of the DLC characters until the Zenny shop launches, and they also get to keep character access once the free trial period ends. Additionally, we will be giving all Season Pass users a free, brand new stage in the near future!

Finally, as a way of saying thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding throughout the beta phases and game launch we will be making Ryu and Chun-Li’s story mode costumes available for free to all users on March 30 as well. This is an 80,000 Fight Money value, almost the full value of a DLC character.

Thank you for continuing to support Street Fighter V and we promise that the game will continue to improve from here on out. More new updates, fixes and support for other pressing issues like rage quitters are in the works and we hope to have more information to share soon.

Until next time!