What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It's bc everyone is just waiting with baited breath for the god-lord himself, Abigail.
Tekken is where all my current FG time goes to. Played a bit of SFV the other night for that easy FM. Still didn't like how it felt and it doesn't help I don't have anyone I'm really into playing.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
i play sfv battle lounge now and then since people still know who the guile is in this town. but it seems like the netcode was worse in general sinc ethe last update so thats cool lul

I was under the impression people here took a break from sfv a bit because they were labbing injustice2/tekken for a bit, at least that's what I'm doing so it's normal for this thread to slow down, but if anything this thread was (probably will be) the most replied thread on the whole site. I mean it stopped a little when injustice 2 came out because of reasons I mentioned probably but I was getting tired of going into this site and seeing this thread at the very top for a full year and months lol.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
but u guise know bumdown will always be here right like that troll under the super silver bridge just waiintg for innoncent victims to walk by so he can start a petty arguement with them pathetic lul

anyway heres the new nash, mika and Ibuki school costumes

Was this revealed during E3? Any info on SSFV?

but u guise know bumdown will always be here right like that troll under the super silver bridge just waiintg for innoncent victims to walk by so he can start a petty arguement with them pathetic lul

anyway heres the new nash, mika and Ibuki school costumes

I'm actually super bronze man. Come on. Get it right.

I'm sure this has been asked a bit- but given the following info do you all think I would enjoy/appreciate SFV for PS4?

I haven't played Street Fighter since SSF2 when i was still single digit age. I've gotten bit by the fighting game bug since Injustice 2's release, but have primarily been an NRS vet playing both MK9 and 10 (both casually) and now starting to get into I2 competitively (but for fun). My wife got me Tekken 7 for my birthday last week, but we were both pretty underwhelmed. Just wasn't sure if SFV being back in the 2D realm (compared to Tekken) would be something you all would recommend.

Also what are the major adjustments, mechanically speaking, to expect going from NRS to SFV?

SpineRip

Noob
@TrenchLord, I can only share my own experience.

I took a long break from video games, and after 8 years I got back into them and in February I got MK9 for my PC, hoping to learn the story and then pick up MKXL.

Unfortunately, after a few weeks, I kind of didn't like the feel of MK9 and was looking for something a little different and settled on SFV.

What I didn't like of MK9 was the emphasis on juggle combos and unrealistic physics. I'm also not a fan of the sort of dial-a-combos found in MK9. I also wanted something that allowed for cross-ups (holding back to block).

I know Injustice would have been good for cross-ups, but not the other things so I started looking around.

SFV still has some juggle combos, but the emphasis is far less, and the jugglee doesn't bounce around as much. (I know that looking for more realistic physics in a game where people shoot fireballs out of mid-air may be ridiculous, but it's just a visual thing that has always bothered me).

There are some dial-a-combos (called target combos in SFV) but most of the combos in SFV are based more around frame data and cancels, so there's more variety in timing. Consequently, hit-confirming is a little harder because you have to react almost right away, but at the same time, you hit-confirm off of one attack, instead of just jumping right into a combo that the opponent blocks and punishes you for.

I also found that attacks seem to have more weight to them (as in it really seems like you can sense the power behind the attacks), whether it hits an open or blocking opponent, and this tiny little thing really seems to make the fights seem more enjoyable and get me more interested in the fight.

People do have some complaints about some of the mechanics. I'm not a fan that getting hit while you're in the early stages of a back dash will lead to a Crush Counter (a counter that does more damage and leaves you in a longer hit stun, giving the counterer more time to hit-confirm and punish you)... But then again, this mechanic prevents you from rushing in, attacking, and then dashing out. It sort of makes you commit to the rush-in.

SFV is a pretty fast-paced and offensive game. There seems to be more offensive options than defensive options. Some people like to rush in, and others like to stay back and counter. I think a lot of people's complaints about the mechanics are the latter type. I like to rush down, so SFV is great for me. It does seem to reward the more aggressive player.

Also, the net-code for I2 and T7 does seem to be better than SFV. With that said, I have some internet issues and only have played MK9 and SFV offline.

For what it's worth, I played MK9 for about two to three weeks before I got bored and bought SFV. I played SFV everyday for over two months before trying GG Rev 2, but after about a week of GG, I went back to SFV and have been playing that everyday for the last two weeks, and I don't think I'll play GG anytime soon. I also uninstalled MK9.

Last edited:
@TrenchLord, I can only share my own experience.

I took a long break from video games, and after 8 years I got back into them and in February I got MK9 for my PC, hoping to learn the story and then pick up MKXL.

Unfortunately, after a few weeks, I kind of didn't like the feel of MK9 and was looking for something a little different and settled on SFV.

What I didn't like of MK9 was the emphasis on juggle combos and unrealistic physics. I'm also not a fan of the sort of dial-a-combos found in MK9. I also wanted something that allowed for cross-ups (holding back to block).

I know Injustice would have been good for cross-ups, but not the other things so I started looking around.

SFV still has some juggle combos, but the emphasis is far less, and the jugglee doesn't bounce around as much.

There are some dial-a-combos (called target combos in SFV) but most of the combos in SFV are based more around frame data and cancels, so there's more variety in timing. Consequently, hit-confirming is a little harder because you have to react almost right away, but at the same time, you hit-confirm off of one attack, instead of just jumping right into a combo that the opponent blocks and punishes you for.

I also found that attacks seem to have more weight to them (as in it really seems like you can sense the power behind the attacks), whether it hits an open or blocking opponent, and this tiny little thing really seems to make the fights seem more enjoyable and get me more interested in the fight.

People do have some complaints about some of the mechanics. I'm not a fan that getting hit while you're in the early stages of a back dash will lead to a Crush Counter (a counter that does more damage and leaves you in a longer hit stun, giving the counterer more time to hit-confirm and punish you)... But then again, this mechanic prevents you from rushing in, attacking, and then dashing out. It sort of makes you commit to the rush-in.

SFV is a pretty fast-paced and offensive game. There seems to be more offensive options than defensive options. Some people like to rush in, and others like to stay back and counter. I think a lot of people's complaints about the mechanics are the latter type. I like to rush down, so SFV is great for me. It does seem to reward the more aggressive player.

Also, the net-code for I2 and T7 does seem to be better than SFV. With that said, I have some internet issues and only have played MK9 and SFV offline.

For what it's worth, I played MK9 for about two to three weeks before I got bored and bought SFV. I played SFV everyday for over two months before trying GG Rev 2, but after about a week of GG, I went back to SFV and have been playing that everyday for the last two weeks, and I don't think I'll play GG anytime soon. I also uninstalled MK9.
Thanks for sharing I'm definitely going to consider it as a secondary.