What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

In this game made with an effort to eliminate such things happening? Not much. Doesn't change the fact I don't like the idea of forcing a player to act a certain way which develops a flowchart.

Me saying "I don't like hard knockdowns that force wakeup timings" is not the same as "This mixup is too powerful get rid of it".

Second time you've done this man.
Well you said I neglected to mention the other mixups.... which don't exist. was just curious what I was missing, since you said you preferred it without them, when talking about a game that has like 3 viable hkd mixups that are more complicated than button/throw.

I don't particularly see how a setup like this is any more cancerous or annoying than throw loops in the corner. Hell eds throw is +2 after a dash in the corner and leads to 2 different meaties which give him a sequence of multiple frame traps/tick throws back into itself.

But again. I understand you don't actually have a reason to say it. You just feel it. So whatever.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Well you said I neglected to mention the other mixups.... which don't exist. was just curious what I was missing, since you said you preferred it without them, when talking about a game that has like 3 viable hkd mixups that are more complicated than button/throw.
Either I'm talking about a concept that's been in Street Fighter since forever, especially in 4. Or I believe SF5 is full of hard knockdowns and needs them removed/toned down. Come on man.

Either way SFV oki system still has its issues.

But again. I understand you don't actually have a reason to say it. You just feel it. So whatever.
I'll break this down easy for you. Buyacushun doesn't like it when a game forced you to act a certain way, making you become predictable for the opponent to exploit. Simple.

But what you're referring to, here's an example. I don't like getting zoned out by guile when I play Mika. Does that mean I want Guile to have his zoning nerfed? No. Does it mean something about getting zoned by Guile bothers me? Yes. Also very simple.

I love the fact that while you're getting on my ass about me not liking the game making you predictable, you easily mention other setups you call "cancerous". Come on man.

Either I'm talking about a concept that's been in Street Fighter since forever, especially in 4. Or I believe SF5 is full of hard knockdowns and needs them removed/toned down. Come on man.

Either way SFV oki system still has its issues.

I'll break this down easy for you. Buyacushun doesn't like it when a game forced you to act a certain way, making you become predictable for the opponent to exploit. Simple.

But what you're referring to, here's an example. I don't like getting zoned out by guile when I play Mika. Does that mean I want Guile to have his zoning nerfed? No. Does it mean something about getting zoned by Guile bothers me? Yes. Also very simple.

I love the fact that while you're getting on my ass about me not liking the game making you predictable, you easily mention other setups you call "cancerous". Come on man.
I think they're as cancerous as the hkd stuff(which I stated was not at all lol). And I don't wanna get into this argument again(mostly because it's realllllllly goddamn stupid) so let's leave it at that.

I honestly think you two don't really mean any harm, just a simple misunderstanding.
Anyways dp's are back, akuma has more health, Ryu is better.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I honestly think you two don't really mean any harm, just a simple misunderstanding.
Anyways dp's are back, akuma has more health, Ryu is better.
No misunderstanding. No one can simply not like something. What reason could anyone possibly have to not like being frame trapped to death or getting hit by aegis mixups. Getting read on back roll in tekken? Well you can't not like it. Or else you're exposed for calling for nerfs.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
EXPANDED MvCI and SFV LEAK...Revealed months ago and was dismissed-LOL Toggle Spoiler Characters I've leaked for MvCI previously include (I won't put check marks by the ones not yet revealed, but since Ryce leaked them, I'll put an asterisk to be nice):

Spider-Man *
Doctor Octopus
Venom as DLC
Songbird
Ms. Marvel
Ant-Man *
Rocket (but Groot is now part of his moveset) ✓
Thanos *
Black Panther
Doctor Strange *
Star-Lord
Black Widow

Chun-Li ✓
Hunter (from Monster Hunter) *
Rathalos (though I will admit that this one is shaky because they might've nixed it to only be in the Hunter's moveset for a Hyper because Giants might be done away with as playable, and Rathalos was planned to be part of the Hyper regardless) Note: I haven't heard anything since regarding Rathalos
Strider Hiryu ✓
Leon Kennedy
Jedah *
Nathan Spencer *
Captain Commando
Dante *
Frank West *
Asura

I was also told of a Street Fighter V and a 3rd Darkstalkers character, which I'll get more into in a moment.

DLC characters I heard about were Doctor Doom, Super-Skrull, and Silver Surfer. As well as X-Men being DLC. The ones I've heard for the longest time being Wolverine, Cyclops, and Deadpool.

Note: I said that not ALL the Capcom characters I leaked are launch characters before. And I never had confirmation that ALL the Marvel characters would be either, neither did I say they would be. So fuck off with that shit claiming I said things that I never actually said before. People just assumed I did because they're mad that Capcom bunglefucked the launch roster. AND YOU SHOULD BE.

So moving right along, I've recently heard of plans about Season 2 possibly being Fantastic Four vs Darkstalkers DLC pack next year, which is how Doom, Skrull, Silver Surfer, and She-Hulk will be an 8 character season instead of 6, and mentioned Felicia and Talbain by name as Darkstalkers being added for it. Hsien-Ko's return could happen in that too to fill a slot and because they can reuse animation assets from MvC3.

Then the Season 3 plans be that X-Men are seemingly going to be added alongside some Street Fighter characters to play on the X-Men vs Street Fighter part of the MvC legacy. Which makes sense since SF only has 2 of them at launch as reps.

Season 2 and 3 from what I know and hear, won't be released like SFV does with the all year thing to only add 6 characters, but instead one season in the first half of the year, and the second in the second half of the year. Though there is some kind of discussion going on about doing 4 seasons a year, meaning a season every 3 months (like actual seasons of the year, though not accurate probably as they'd follow January-March, April-June, July-September, and October-December).

They went in a direction of making this game VERY DLC-heavy. Which as you've seen, is an extremely controversial decision. It's bad. But they made their bed. And honestly, despite having a source knowing someone who works for them, they as a company piss me off, which is kind of an ulterior motive why I leak stuff. Aside from just being bad at keeping secrets tbfh.

I think the thing that bothers me as a fan so much is how they're witholding so much and so many of the most requested characters as DLC and essentially filled the roster with some characters they knew people wouldn't pay for. But peppered the roster with some enticing things like X, Jedah, and the Hunter on their side to try and coax you to. The Marvel side is its whole other issue that so many people have gone over and over, but both sides are littered with scummy corporate bullshit.

With that one down, here are the SFV leaks! Season 2's remaining characters are Abigail, Menat, and Zeku.

A second cinematic story mode is happening. The base roster plus the Season 1 characters were prologues for the general cinematic story mode. Season 2 character's story modes for Akuma, Ed, and Kolin, which all take place after A Shadow Falls are prologues for the second cinematic story mode.

Ready for the biggest of bombshells? Super Street Fighter V is happening.

But it'll be a free update.

It won't make the base game useless either. It's really nothing more than an update. A glorified one, but an expansion none the less.

But what does SSFV contain? Lets run that down, shall we?

It adds: - Arcade Mode
Extra Battle
Some kind of PvE mode against the Illuminati
Some expanding on the existing mechanics
New Critical Arts

But it doesn't end there. SSFV brings with it a UI overhaul, and maybe more than that too.

You're probably curious of the characters too, huh? Those 6 will be Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C. Viper, Q, and Necro.

If you want a laugh, Street Fighter vet Alex Valle already leaked them "accidentally" (though it seems he just didn't care) on Twitter already. He never bothered deleting it either in case you don't believe me.

https://twitter.com/thealexvalle/sta...48487062523904

So there you have it. SSFV is a thing and will be announced likely by year's end at Capcom Cup's conclusion. Believe me. Don't. I don't care. But you would be wise to keep this all on record.

Here's the bonus. Back when I leaked Arthur and Firebrand being on MvCI, I personally found odd when I heard it, but fine since I heard the roster was going to be pretty big. Which it is.... over time. But like I told people, which SOMEHOW gets glossed over, I never said EVERY one of those characters I leaked would be there on launch. Just that they were in. Which in hindsight, I should've personally been more suspicious of. Now, if you want to hear something else regarding why they chose Arthur and Firebrand, Capcom Vancouver (the Dead Rising team) are doing a new GnG game (not sure if it's a sequel or a reboot) but the direction is seemingly realistic instead, and takes place in the 70s (on Earth from what I know, at least for the most part, and not in Makai/Hell). Because that's EXACTLY what GnG fans wanted!.... So because of that for some weird reason, we get Arthur and Firebrand on the launch roster. Even though neither will likely show up except I imagine realistic Red Arremers on that sequel/reboot.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
EXPANDED MvCI and SFV LEAK...Revealed months ago and was dismissed-LOL Toggle Spoiler Characters I've leaked for MvCI previously include (I won't put check marks by the ones not yet revealed, but since Ryce leaked them, I'll put an asterisk to be nice):

Spider-Man *
Doctor Octopus
Venom as DLC
Songbird
Ms. Marvel
Ant-Man *
Thanos *
Black Panther
Doctor Strange *
Star-Lord
Black Widow

Chun-Li ✓
Rathalos (though I will admit that this one is shaky because they might've nixed it to only be in the Hunter's moveset for a Hyper because Giants might be done away with as playable, and Rathalos was planned to be part of the Hyper regardless) Note: I haven't heard anything since regarding Rathalos
Strider Hiryu ✓
Leon Kennedy
Jedah *
Nathan Spencer *
Captain Commando
Dante *
Frank West *
Asura

I was also told of a Street Fighter V and a 3rd Darkstalkers character, which I'll get more into in a moment.

DLC characters I heard about were Doctor Doom, Super-Skrull, and Silver Surfer. As well as X-Men being DLC. The ones I've heard for the longest time being Wolverine, Cyclops, and Deadpool.

Note: I said that not ALL the Capcom characters I leaked are launch characters before. And I never had confirmation that ALL the Marvel characters would be either, neither did I say they would be. So fuck off with that shit claiming I said things that I never actually said before. People just assumed I did because they're mad that Capcom bunglefucked the launch roster. AND YOU SHOULD BE.

So moving right along, I've recently heard of plans about Season 2 possibly being Fantastic Four vs Darkstalkers DLC pack next year, which is how Doom, Skrull, Silver Surfer, and She-Hulk will be an 8 character season instead of 6, and mentioned Felicia and Talbain by name as Darkstalkers being added for it. Hsien-Ko's return could happen in that too to fill a slot and because they can reuse animation assets from MvC3.

Then the Season 3 plans be that X-Men are seemingly going to be added alongside some Street Fighter characters to play on the X-Men vs Street Fighter part of the MvC legacy. Which makes sense since SF only has 2 of them at launch as reps.

Season 2 and 3 from what I know and hear, won't be released like SFV does with the all year thing to only add 6 characters, but instead one season in the first half of the year, and the second in the second half of the year. Though there is some kind of discussion going on about doing 4 seasons a year, meaning a season every 3 months (like actual seasons of the year, though not accurate probably as they'd follow January-March, April-June, July-September, and October-December).

They went in a direction of making this game VERY DLC-heavy. Which as you've seen, is an extremely controversial decision. It's bad. But they made their bed. And honestly, despite having a source knowing someone who works for them, they as a company piss me off, which is kind of an ulterior motive why I leak stuff. Aside from just being bad at keeping secrets tbfh.

I think the thing that bothers me as a fan so much is how they're witholding so much and so many of the most requested characters as DLC and essentially filled the roster with some characters they knew people wouldn't pay for. But peppered the roster with some enticing things like X, Jedah, and the Hunter on their side to try and coax you to. The Marvel side is its whole other issue that so many people have gone over and over, but both sides are littered with scummy corporate bullshit.

With that one down, here are the SFV leaks! Season 2's remaining characters are Abigail, Menat, and Zeku.

A second cinematic story mode is happening. The base roster plus the Season 1 characters were prologues for the general cinematic story mode. Season 2 character's story modes for Akuma, Ed, and Kolin, which all take place after A Shadow Falls are prologues for the second cinematic story mode.

It won't make the base game useless either. It's really nothing more than an update. A glorified one, but an expansion none the less.

Extra Battle
New Critical Arts

But it doesn't end there. SSFV brings with it a UI overhaul, and maybe more than that too.

You're probably curious of the characters too, huh? Those 6 will be Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C. Viper, Q, and Necro.

If you want a laugh, Street Fighter vet Alex Valle already leaked them "accidentally" (though it seems he just didn't care) on Twitter already. He never bothered deleting it either in case you don't believe me.

So there you have it. SSFV is a thing and will be announced likely by year's end at Capcom Cup's conclusion. Believe me. Don't. I don't care. But you would be wise to keep this all on record.

Here's the bonus. Back when I leaked Arthur and Firebrand being on MvCI, I personally found odd when I heard it, but fine since I heard the roster was going to be pretty big. Which it is.... over time. But like I told people, which SOMEHOW gets glossed over, I never said EVERY one of those characters I leaked would be there on launch. Just that they were in. Which in hindsight, I should've personally been more suspicious of. Now, if you want to hear something else regarding why they chose Arthur and Firebrand, Capcom Vancouver (the Dead Rising team) are doing a new GnG game (not sure if it's a sequel or a reboot) but the direction is seemingly realistic instead, and takes place in the 70s (on Earth from what I know, at least for the most part, and not in Makai/Hell). Because that's EXACTLY what GnG fans wanted!.... So because of that for some weird reason, we get Arthur and Firebrand on the launch roster. Even though neither will likely show up except I imagine realistic Red Arremers on that sequel/reboot.
Actually don't care about the characters and I'm more interested in what they do mechanics wise. Cause they could redesign the characters poorly but that could probably be overlooked if the system changes are for the better.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

Spider-Man *
Doctor Octopus
Venom as DLC
Songbird
Ms. Marvel
Ant-Man *
Thanos *
Black Panther
Doctor Strange *
Star-Lord
Black Widow

Chun-Li ✓
Strider Hiryu ✓
Leon Kennedy
Jedah *
Nathan Spencer *
Captain Commando
Dante *
Frank West *
Asura

Extra Battle
New Critical Arts

I hope this is all true and I'm super excited for SFV S3 and way more excited for MVCi lol.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
lul u guise im over here with my dusty af nash i havent even adapted to any of the balance changes mopping up these guiles left and right why did they even nerf that character again oh thats right because i made him look best in the game and cuzu scrubs couldnt stop posting on event hubs

shoutouts to bumdown akuma btw ggs man ur character is top 3 flowchart in the game tho lul

Last edited:
lul u guise im over here with my dusty af nash i havent even adapted to any of the balance changes mopping up these guiles left and right why did they even nerf that character again oh thats right because i made him look best in the game and cuzu scrubs couldnt stop posting on event hubs

shoutouts to bumdown akuma btw ggs man ur character is top 3 flowchart in the game tho lul

lol just be glad that akuma got greedy and didn't wanna spend 2 bars to kill out of stun for some reason. He probably coulda killed with one bar, bet akuma isn't his main.

I don't think it suits you to post a video where you get a pity comeback and win off an opponents mistake. Show me something good.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
what are you talking about i definitely let him get the lifelead headstart on purpose so i could lull him into a false sense of securtity after i had demonstrated how deep into his mind i already was.

i was pullinng the string the entire time and i wanted him to question his entire existence after the reverse pefect comeback lul like im gonna be caught with some grade a bumdown demon setups never in my life this is what separates the plats from the men scrubs the ultimate of mind games your welcome for the life tips now i must go back to injustass that akuma player will thank me someday too

what are you talking about i definitely let him get the lifelead headstart on purpose so i could lull him into a false sense of securtity after i had demonstrated how deep into his mind i already was.

i was pullinng the string the entire time and i wanted him to question his entire existence after the reverse pefect comeback lul like im gonna be caught with some grade a bumdown demon setups never in my life this is what separates the plats from the men scrubs the ultimate of mind games your welcome for the life tips now i must go back to injustass that akuma player will thank me someday too
So your plan was "hope he does the wrong combo"? I'll admit it's a ballsy strategy.

Also just a tip you never back jump that setup there's an option select to catch back jumps with demon. You're better off neutral jumping, you'll most likely only eat a dp at worst.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!

Every year, Capcom and the entire video game industry descends upon Los Angeles, California for E3 to show you some of the cool stuff we've been hard at work on. And if you're a fan of video games, like me, the tradition for us fans is that we like to hop on the proverbial Hype Train and ride it all the way to E3 snacking on every single bit of info we can get. So to give you something to chew on, here is our currently planned streaming schedule for the show:

All times are Pacific Time UTC - 8

Tuesday, June 13

1:00pm
2:00pm

Wednesday, June 14

11:00am
12:00pm
1:00pm

Thursday, June 15

10:00am
12:15pm
1:30pm

source-
http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2017/06/09/capcom-unity-live-streams-from-e3-2017

Reactions: GAV