What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
It's all internet patheticness. Do that in person (tbag) in an arcade and not a tourney where you're protected in a sense and you'll get the taste slapped out of your mouth.

What's just as sad or even more-so is the weird idea that doing so over a game or something that happened on the internet is somehow wrong and makes you the worst person ever. Online someone can tell you they hope your mother gets aids and you get cancer and fuck you and this and that, and if you beat there ass offline for it, YOU took it too far because it was 'just online shit jeez'

It's the way people speak to each other online too. You see it in this thread, someone posts an opinion or thought and someone disagrees but they don't word of like that, it's basically 'jesus your stupid and wrong and in right and I'm better and know more and God damn your dumb lol how.can you even think that you're too bad and stupid to even HAVE an opinion' etc. I'm guilty of it myself but usually only when the person I'm responding too had been particularly disrespectful in some manner.. try talking like that in person to someone and see how far you get. Even if they don't beat your ass like.your parents apparently DIDN'T, you are gonna be one lonely little elitist. But hey, it's fine right because it's on the internet and bring a disrespectful little shit is safe and fine because you're protected. No reason to have basic human respect, just show how petty and small you are, run your mouth, then chant along with the other idiots who all have a vested interest in keeping up.this bizarre ideal that no matter how someone acts on the internet it has no bearing on real life and holding them accountable is somehow wrong.

I dunno. I'm and old ass man by typical FG standards, but I just feel like it's pathetic and weak to act like that. Soooooo many people who do are just as polite and quiet and reasonable in real life as can be imagined though, but this to me, is again , pathetic. Just shows that you don't have the balls in person that you do behind a keyboard.

We have a local forum here that deals with cars, I used.to be a car guy and I've built quite a few oddball little things (Ford Festiva that pulled 11.26s) a handful of typical stuff (86mm turbo'd fox body Mustang that could pack the tires and run a 9.90 and then take you and your kids to McDonald's) blah blah. I joined and the environment was totally different, because it was a LOCAL forum and we all.had access to each other. The occasional asshole popped up, but never lasted longer than it took to meet him in person.

Rant over. It's just pathetic and the talk about tea bagging got me thinking about it.

It's all internet patheticness. Do that in person (tbag) in an arcade and not a tourney where you're protected in a sense and you'll get the taste slapped out of your mouth.

What's just as sad or even more-so is the weird idea that doing so over a game or something that happened on the internet is somehow wrong and makes you the worst person ever. Online someone can tell you they hope your mother gets aids and you get cancer and fuck you and this and that, and if you beat there ass offline for it, YOU took it too far because it was 'just online shit jeez'

It's the way people speak to each other online too. You see it in this thread, someone posts an opinion or thought and someone disagrees but they don't word of like that, it's basically 'jesus your stupid and wrong and in right and I'm better and know more and God damn your dumb lol how.can you even think that you're too bad and stupid to even HAVE an opinion' etc. I'm guilty of it myself but usually only when the person I'm responding too had been particularly disrespectful in some manner.. try talking like that in person to someone and see how far you get. Even if they don't beat your ass like.your parents apparently DIDN'T, you are gonna be one lonely little elitist. But hey, it's fine right because it's on the internet and bring a disrespectful little shit is safe and fine because you're protected. No reason to have basic human respect, just show how petty and small you are, run your mouth, then chant along with the other idiots who all have a vested interest in keeping up.this bizarre ideal that no matter how someone acts on the internet it has no bearing on real life and holding them accountable is somehow wrong.

I dunno. I'm and old ass man by typical FG standards, but I just feel like it's pathetic and weak to act like that. Soooooo many people who do are just as polite and quiet and reasonable in real life as can be imagined though, but this to me, is again , pathetic. Just shows that you don't have the balls in person that you do behind a keyboard.

We have a local forum here that deals with cars, I used.to be a car guy and I've built quite a few oddball little things (Ford Festiva that pulled 11.26s) a handful of typical stuff (86mm turbo'd fox body Mustang that could pack the tires and run a 9.90 and then take you and your kids to McDonald's) blah blah. I joined and the environment was totally different, because it was a LOCAL forum and we all.had access to each other. The occasional asshole popped up, but never lasted longer than it took to meet him in person.

Rant over. It's just pathetic and the talk about tea bagging got me thinking about it.
What kind of idiot would actually fight someone over teabagging lol.

@FL Rushdown only had a couple of matches but seeing some success with Mika in matchmaking so far. You about to have to eat those words. Also bonus points, because I'm playing on fckin KEYBOARD because I couldn't get the pad to connect
I said Mika was easier/better than vega. I also said the silver bracket is probably not a good judge of any character.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I said Mika was easier/better than vega. I also said the silver bracket is probably not a good judge of any character.
I don't think its a judge of characters viability or competitiveness in any way

I do think however personal success with any one character over another is probably a decent enough measure of who is easier to play, at least enough for me to personally make a comment on it :p

to be fair tho as you said Vega's probably not the fairest comparison since he's kinda tricky to do right

Just let them run their mouths, let them be the assholes, usually these people either have issues or feel empty inside. But yea some just troll so just don't let them get to you.

Last edited:
I don't think its a judge of characters viability or competitiveness in any way

I do think however personal success with any one character over another is probably a decent enough measure of who is easier to play, at least enough for me to personally make a comment on it :p

to be fair tho as you said Vega's probably not the fairest comparison since he's kinda tricky to do right
I don't buy that. People do better with certain characters for a wide variety of reasons and it's not always because the character is stronger/easier. Some people just prefer different play styles and do better when what they want to do matches what the character wants to do, also helps that mikas biggest strength is punishing poor play and a lack of matchup knowledge.

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I don't buy that. People do better with certain characters for a wide variety of reasons and it's not always because the character is stronger/easier. Some people just prefer different play styles and do better when what they want to do matches what the character wants to do, also helps that mikas biggest strength is punishing poor play and a lack of matchup knowledge.

I have to agree. For as little as anything I do can be said to be 'good', I have better results on Karin than I do Necalli, Even Though Karin is DEFINITELY harder to play than Necalli from a mechanical standpoint and I have roughly equivalent time on and knowledge of, each character.

Some characters just suit some people more and fall in line more with their instincts.

Same way some people can go play a game like KOF or GG and be decent at it, then come to sfv and never be worth a damn at all, despite GG and KOf being orders of magnitude more difficult.in terms of shit.you have to keep track of, MU knowledge, execution, etc. The same.is true in the other direction as well, a competent SfV player may play GG or whatever and never be worth a damn.

Just imagine if our lord and savior shazzy went to tournaments we'd have 3 American guiles in top 8. I mean he IS the best. Good to see the low tiers represented either way though.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Missed the finals, who won? And there were 2 guiles in top 8?
Punk won. Du and Chris G were in top 8 with Guile.

I hope whoever was telling me mikas don't dash up saw that.
I don't know who said that but I saw two instances in top 8 of her dashing in when a move looked like it should have hit her. One was Guiles sobat and the other was Karin's st.HK.

Punk won. Du and Chris G were in top 8 with Guile.

I don't know who said that but I saw two instances in top 8 of her dashing in when a move looked like it should have hit her. One was Guiles sobat and the other was Karin's st.HK.
Sure you did champ. And that's why fuudo made it to top 8. His busted ass character. What a fraud.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Sure you did champ. And that's why fuudo made it to top 8. His busted ass character. What a fraud.
Don't get so defensive. I didn't say anything about Fuudo or Mika being busted. Just giving examples of that tech that was recently found which you said you wanted to see happen in an actual match. I have no idea if it was her shrinking hurtbox, but it didn't look right.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Don't get so defensive. I didn't say anything about Fuudo or Mika being busted. Just giving examples of that tech that was recently found which you said you wanted to see happen in an actual match. I have no idea if it was her shrinking hurtbox, but it didn't look right.
what is this tech I'm not up on this one

Eh not really meant for you. But a lot of people are acting like the new super duper op dash tech matters. It's probably super situationally useful but a lot of people are acting like it's something Mika could ever do safely or on reaction in neutral. Outside of specific wakeup situations it'll never be reliable and on every single wakeup situation it's absolutely more risky than any dp or wakeup option other characters have. Wake up dash forward doesn't become a good option because it moves your hurtbox back 5 pixels lol.

How the tables have turned in SFV compared to Sf4. Americans seem to have the upper hand at the moment. The two strongest players right now are probably Nukledu and Punk. The highlight from the top 8 was Punk vs LPN. The disrespect was on another level. What's the backstory on these two players that Punk had to be so disrespectful to LPN?

How the tables have turned in SFV compared to Sf4. Americans seem to have the upper hand at the moment. The two strongest players right now are probably Nukledu and Punk. The highlight from the top 8 was Punk vs LPN. The disrespect was on another level. What's the backstory on these two players that Punk had to be so disrespectful to LPN?
I don't know if they've had a history or something but I do agree the tea bagging happens all the time now. There are players who just get a high off of that and I don't know why? I mean seriously though I personally believe you shouldn't give a shit if they tea bag you. I just take it as a troll and just ignore that crap. If you're over 12 then that really shouldn't affect you. I mean who cares what the opponent does? If they wanna show the world they're ass clowns let them.

I don't know if they've had a history or something but I do agree the tea bagging happens all the time now. There are players who just get a high off of that and I don't know why? I mean seriously though I personally believe you shouldn't give a shit if they tea bag you. I just take it as a troll and just ignore that crap. If you're over 12 then that really shouldn't affect you. I mean who cares what the opponent does? If they wanna show the world they're ass clowns let them.
Did you see the part where LPN threw something at Punk? A little teabagging is fine, very immature, but harmless. I just felt the teabagging was on another level here. Punk certainly lives up to his name.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Eh not really meant for you. But a lot of people are acting like the new super duper op dash tech matters. It's probably super situationally useful but a lot of people are acting like it's something Mika could ever do safely or on reaction in neutral. Outside of specific wakeup situations it'll never be reliable and on every single wakeup situation it's absolutely more risky than any dp or wakeup option other characters have. Wake up dash forward doesn't become a good option because it moves your hurtbox back 5 pixels lol.
Yeah, I'm not really thinking about the tech as much on wakeup as I am in poking. I'll have to go back and find the timestamps but it looked like Mika could do something like lp,lp,mk and then dash in and Guile's cr.MP would whiff and Mika would punish. Normally Mika would have been forced to block, but since she can move her hurtbox back, the cr.MP whiffs.

Yeah, I'm not really thinking about the tech as much on wakeup as I am in poking. I'll have to go back and find the timestamps but it looked like Mika could do something like lp,lp,mk and then dash in and Guile's cr.MP would whiff and Mika would punish. Normally Mika would have been forced to block, but since she can move her hurtbox back, the cr.MP whiffs.
Yeah and if she does that she's punishable. She'd be -3/-5 at point blank since she'd have to dash through the final active frames and her dash is longer than guiles recovery. That plus if guile does anything else you'd die for that, if he backfists you're in trouble, if he booms and activates you could die, if he just delays it and cr hps you could die.

That's assuming it actually works that way at all since I'm fairly certain mikas st mk would outrange guiles cr mp and even if it did work it'd still be stupidly unreliable spacing wise. If you're gonna make that hard of a read on something you could die for might as well just ex peach to beat all the buttons.