What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
The late cancel on sbk? Yeah it's not super easy to get the timing down but it's doable. I'd put her up there as well.
oh no way, that took me like a day to learn, even that I'd call easy, albeit harder than other chars BnBs.

I am referring to her optimal DP punish in the corner.

activate trigger, st.HK CC, st.HK, st.HK, f.MP, st.HK, st.HP CA

does ridiculous damage and stun. Works on everyone. Just so hard to execute, I get it like 1/5 times after practicing for days. Gave up, cant make it consistent. The juggle requires mashing which gets fucked by her new Lightning Legs mash input.

She has a lot of tricky trigger combos in general, the rest I can actually make consistent at least, but are still much harder than other chars by a longshot

this one? @WB-chan? cause it seems consistent also it's not optimal you can make it easier and do like 20 more dmg by removing the st hk after f mp. Nvm I can get slightly more from yours I just miscalculated the scaling.

Last edited:

God Confirm

this one? @WB-chan? cause it seems consistent also it's not optimal you can make it easier and do like 20 more dmg by removing the st hk after f mp.
I think it was that, its been a while now. between sfv and mkx i havent found a harder optimal combo. Also you want all the HK's for max stun right

I think it was that, its been a while now. between sfv and mkx i havent found a harder optimal combo. Also you want all the HK's for max stun right
Yeah no you were right yours is 20 more dmg. It seems consistent though I think you're just mistiming the hks they gotta be super early. Try pressing the button as her foot hits the ground don't mash it.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Just join me and switch to the superior(only in gameplay) grappler that is Laura.

Edit: if our connection ever starts to work I will still clap you up, down, and sideways. You don't want these two hands.
The delusions are unreal. I'm the Mika your Mika looks up to.

And there's nothing superior about mindlessly looping elbows.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Laura illustrates everything that's wrong with this game - and to an extent, a whole lot thats right with it as well.

I still cant believe that she and 'Rog are making it through the patch the way they are. Rog's nerf is probably more significant than it seems like it is.. Urien I feel like took a bigger hit than I initially thought and he was already probably one of the worst of the best - which I didnt used to think at all, but came around over time... Gief.. Gief is Laura but worse..

I dont fucking know. I just cant picture the direction they want for this game. I still maintain that they just lack the talent on the development end of things and this is literally a case of relative incompetence.

Laura illustrates everything that's wrong with this game - and to an extent, a whole lot thats right with it as well.

I still cant believe that she and 'Rog are making it through the patch the way they are. Rog's nerf is probably more significant than it seems like it is.. Urien I feel like took a bigger hit than I initially thought and he was already probably one of the worst of the best - which I didnt used to think at all, but came around over time... Gief.. Gief is Laura but worse..

I dont fucking know. I just cant picture the direction they want for this game. I still maintain that they just lack the talent on the development end of things and this is literally a case of relative incompetence.
laura losing an active frame on her lp bolt is probably as significant a nerf as anything Urien received.

The delusions are unreal. I'm the Mika your Mika looks up to.

And there's nothing superior about mindlessly looping elbows.
You're just the Mika that my Mika looks back at and is embarrassed when she remembers how young and foolish she was, while simultaneously praying her kids and family never find the pictures.

You seem to like to play a more patient game than most kens and also seem to have decent confirms. Akuma has a significantly better fireball game and very solid footsie tools that rely on good confirms.
Thanks for the info, I was considering him as well because I like his new look a lot and he looks pretty fun. I'll try him out.

God Confirm

@FL Rushdown only had a couple of matches but seeing some success with Mika in matchmaking so far. You about to have to eat those words. Also bonus points, because I'm playing on fckin KEYBOARD because I couldn't get the pad to connect

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Akuma is dope.

Side note, I think I'm switching to Cammy. I don't consider it a change of mains though, I just look at it as Karin gaining an AA and a meter less (come patch day) do and an air throw. Why mention the air throw? Because I have always been enamored by them for reasons unknown to me. My medium punches stay damn near the same except st.mp gets better, St. And cr. Mk is roughly the same.. Cammy is just an even better version of Karin. Shrug.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
so now everybody feels the need to tea bag like it is some crazy mind game. please its the lamest shit i have ever seen.
back in my day (old man speech incoming)if you did that shit in an arcade you would get your ass whooped. to be honest it shows what sort of people now play this game we call street fighter. there is too much brain dead shit going on now. i get it they want alot of people to play but i am sick to death of out playing somebody just for them to get v trigger and all of a sudden i die. im happy for a fg to have a come back factor but this is not the way to do it.

Akuma is dope.

Side note, I think I'm switching to Cammy. I don't consider it a change of mains though, I just look at it as Karin gaining an AA and a meter less (come patch day) do and an air throw. Why mention the air throw? Because I have always been enamored by them for reasons unknown to me. My medium punches stay damn near the same except st.mp gets better, St. And cr. Mk is roughly the same.. Cammy is just an even better version of Karin. Shrug.
I've been wanting in the past to play either cammy or Karin (more so Karin), they have great footsie tools and buttons and great neutral game but I've never mained or pocketed a character without any fireball so I don't know.

so now everybody feels the need to tea bag like it is some crazy mind game. please its the lamest shit i have ever seen.
back in my day (old man speech incoming)if you did that shit in an arcade you would get your ass whooped. to be honest it shows what sort of people now play this game we call street fighter. there is too much brain dead shit going on now. i get it they want alot of people to play but i am sick to death of out playing somebody just for them to get v trigger and all of a sudden i die. im happy for a fg to have a come back factor but this is not the way to do it.
I just take it as funny. I mean if they tea bag so what? What do they earn? A bad rep? A payback like punk earned when poongko tea bagged him in real life? I mean I'm sure most are just joking when doing this but you should just take it as funny.