What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I want you to find one instance of Mika dodging an attack that should've hit her with a forward dash in a tournament. Show me someone getting screwed over in footsies by this totally usable tech.
^

But ok bumdown you weren't trying to frame the tech as useless or inconsequential. that's the vibe I got from your post totally lul

you didn't even realize what was happening in the toolassisted video I had to explain it to you after your initial fail response. And then you tried to double down on it with "give me tournament footage of the tech in action if it's so useful" and after again explaining again and again why you're such a bum we've eached stage 3 the backtrack lul

clockwork. hate me or don't but at this point respect that I actually know what I'm talking about and I'm not just pulling online rank as a supporting argument so you can spare me this cycle next time

oh and I know the original bumdown himself is gonna respond with a classic youohemism post so right now gonna say not going to read it lul

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Pahahaha stay salty shazzy, even pretending I'm saying something I didn't ("according to youphemism and bumdown it's not even useful", "batgirl was fine") won't save you now bub.

And no I don't have a "grudge" against you over anything nor do I dislike you lol, how petty. The fact you feel like you have to refer to anything from 2014 to try and make your point seem better is just a representation of how immature you've been this whole thread. It's cute. I'm just pointing out shit points like tech that hasn't been discovered apparently being unusable, no need for the conspiracy theories

Now back to lurking, watching Miles downplay or something, Entropic describe his trip to the store yesterday or talk about his character crisis and buyacushun becoming more confused by the page. No time for dealing with someone trying to impose their ego

ya that's a synonym for useful right? maybe youphemism will swoop in and save the day for you again lul. He doesn't even play the game at your level idk why you guys are yucking it up like you know something I don't about the game lul. youohemism just doesn't like me cause we made fun of him for being a bum about batgirl and you're just feeding into it because also guess why lul. same with bumjay. what a bunch of winners right there

what does flash kick have to do with upside down kick? I'm not ignoring anything it's just has nothing to do with what we're talking about or my point in the first place lul

the ass pulls are insane right now. No matter your exact words, upside down kick is not in, anyway, a useless or stupid buff like you tried to play it off as
Irrelevant as in not fucking pertinent to guiles tier placement lol.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
This should be the response from someone who actually plays the game, like, at all

ok but listen riptorn batigrl had a yet to be discovered-infinite on release but did you see any tournament footage of it? No? Well then according to youphemism and bumdown it's not even useful ok lul

her neutral was just as hard as mika players pretend it is too so hopefully they leave this for the poor Mika mains lul
While this isn't anywhere near as broken as an infinite (actually not even broken), we can't judge new tech on whether players accidentally implemented it in the past. We can only put it into perspective in the current meta, test it, and try to predict it's future impact.

That said, this is a game where you can't really react to dashes while still playing footsies. Any character with a good dash can mix you up from footsie range just by dashing in. As a fast, command grab character, I personally don't feel like a shrinking hurtbox on forward dash is something that she should have.

We'll have to see if Mika players come up with ways to really abuse it, now that it's known. I can't see how it wouldn't benefit her in just avoiding certain meaties, but in footsies as well.

While this isn't anywhere near as broken as an infinite (actually not even broken), we can't judge new tech on whether players accidentally implemented it in the past. We can only put it into perspective in the current meta, test it, and try to predict it's future impact.

That said, this is a game where you can't really react to dashes while still playing footsies. Any character with a good dash can mix you up from footsie range just by dashing in. As a fast, command grab character, I personally don't feel like a shrinking hurtbox on forward dash is something that she should have.

We'll have to see if Mika players come up with ways to really abuse it, now that it's known. I can't see how it wouldn't benefit her in just avoiding certain meaties, but in footsies as well.
It'd be impossible for it not to benefit her. That being said it's not something anyone's gonna do outside of making hard reads on specific situations and relying on your opponent to not know the matchup in depth. In the example posted dashing through Alex's hk, what happens when Alex delays his hk 2 frames? Does Mika die? Cause I think she dies.

And I only asked for instances where it was good because shazzy listed it as a reason guile wasn't good. I was curious why/how.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
It'd be impossible for it not to benefit her. That being said it's not something anyone's gonna do outside of making hard reads on specific situations and relying on your opponent to not know the matchup in depth. In the example posted dashing through Alex's hk, what happens when Alex delays his hk 2 frames? Does Mika die? Cause I think she dies.

And I only asked for instances where it was good because shazzy listed it as a reason guile wasn't good. I was curious why/how.
It will be particularly useful for Mika players that know their ranges. The potential is there for some pretty dirty setups from block strings when opponents try to counter poke. When people really implement it you'll see that it's a lot better than you're making it out to be. It's something else people need to think about when fighting Mika.

If it wasn't a vortex heavy character with this type of dash then it probably wouldn't be as big a deal. The fact that mika can turn a match around off one successful knockdown changes things.

It will be particularly useful for Mika players that know their ranges. The potential is there for some pretty dirty setups from block strings when opponents try to counter poke. When people really implement it you'll see that it's a lot better than you're making it out to be. It's something else people need to think about when fighting Mika.

If it wasn't a vortex heavy character with this type of dash then it probably wouldn't be as big a deal. The fact that mika can turn a match around off one successful knockdown changes things.
It's committing to a 20 frame move when you're probably already - .not saying it can't work but if your opponent reads it you will always die. And they risk nothing by delaying a counter poke a few frames.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Yeah because guile has no pressure/zoning tools either. Come on dude he's not the best but he's far from weak.
he has universal throwbait mixup with out the forward throw loop and you get more damage for challenging for a counterhit combo then I would just getting a confirm but ya I guess jab booms confirm for like 80 damage add up eventually lul. Not like the meta is winning just once with heavy cc priority knockdowns into snowball and easy access to high damage or anything combined with a weak neutral game emphasis in sfv or the classic aa 8 times but miss the 9th and lose the game meta

people complain about his sonic boom being +2 ( which you can freely v reversal to get your kd) in pressure when his only other pressure button is st mp which has less range that his jab lul

Last edited:
Any foreign players coming? I'll tune in if Xian is competing.
These are some of the notable players, there's many more though.

Liquid|NuckleDu
RISE|Marn
FOX|Tokido
Flash
SPY|FChamp
Poongko
Vagabond
Co|GO1
RN|Alex Myers
OG Shine
WFX|801 Strider
FOX|Momochi
PG|Punk
GS|Gllty
YD|Yukadon
Jiewa
Nacer
CYG|PR Balrog
EG|Chris G
Dogura
Circa|LPN
Floe
EG|Ricki Ortiz
RB|Bonchan
Stupendous
Mago
FOX|Justin Wong
XYZZY
WFX|XSK Samurai
Zowie|Gamerbee
GRPT|Fuudo
CYG|Snake Eyez
F3|Alucard
bjUNCHAINED
EG|K-Brad
CYG|Daigo
MJS|Haitani
Mani
Commander Jesse
Pnoy

Liquid|NuckleDu
RISE|Marn
FOX|Tokido
Flash
SPY|FChamp
Poongko
Vagabond
Co|GO1
RN|Alex Myers
OG Shine
WFX|801 Strider
FOX|Momochi
PG|Punk
GS|Gllty
YD|Yukadon
Jiewa
Nacer
CYG|PR Balrog
EG|Chris G
Dogura
Circa|LPN
Floe
EG|Ricki Ortiz
RB|Bonchan
Stupendous
Mago
FOX|Justin Wong
XYZZY
WFX|XSK Samurai
Zowie|Gamerbee
GRPT|Fuudo
CYG|Snake Eyez
F3|Alucard
bjUNCHAINED
EG|K-Brad
CYG|Daigo
MJS|Haitani
Mani
Commander Jesse
Pnoy
There's no fucking way floe is playing in a tournament. Is that for real?

Liquid|NuckleDu
RISE|Marn
FOX|Tokido
Flash
SPY|FChamp
Poongko
Vagabond
Co|GO1
RN|Alex Myers
OG Shine
WFX|801 Strider
FOX|Momochi
PG|Punk
GS|Gllty
YD|Yukadon
Jiewa
Nacer
CYG|PR Balrog
EG|Chris G
Dogura
Circa|LPN
Floe
EG|Ricki Ortiz
RB|Bonchan
Stupendous
Mago
FOX|Justin Wong
XYZZY
WFX|XSK Samurai
Zowie|Gamerbee
GRPT|Fuudo
CYG|Snake Eyez
F3|Alucard
bjUNCHAINED
EG|K-Brad
CYG|Daigo
MJS|Haitani
Mani
Commander Jesse
Pnoy
Wow!! I'm definitely tuning in. I didn't know NCR was a premiere event. Where did you find this list?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Neato burrito. Shazzy is a manbaby that's becoming unfunnily obsessed over this whole Guile thing. I think the idea, and he clearly has the seed of it somewhere down in his consciousness, that he's successful because of Guile and not his own ability, is slowly driving him insane. Obviously that's not the case, characters can carry you but not at the rank and level he plays at .

He's a great SFV player, it's such a shame that's all he is and he falls so well short of being a reasonable, or even tolerable, human being. It happens when extreme immaturity and skill line up in someone that's probably never had anything that helps them get attention before. Maybe I'm wrong of course. He went from entertaining to honestly pathetic - and if he has me blocked and doesn't have to read my drivel, I'll do myself the favor of blocking him as well, so I don't have to read his.

Anyway, I really do have a pretty kewl story about going to the store. Shrug.