What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
arguing is pointless in a discussion forum, got it thanks guise. sorry to interrupt the complaining about Capcom thing or asking for games bump lul

just hit the ignore button if you don't want to see works wonders for the entropic diary entries

If you ignored me, why can I see what you're typing? Maybe Im wrong here (please post a top player explaining how Im wrong in how to use TYM along with an anecdote about how you discussed this fact with a mod or something so we know you are "in" and talk to important people) but I thought if I ignored you, then it blocked my posts on your end as well.

But no, really, we get it, you are good at SFV and have been pretty damn accurate at calling characters out early and you are the best player here.. Its just kinda pathetic to KEEP HAMMERING THAT POINT HOME like its some genuine sense of ego for you? We get it Shazzy, you dont think Guile is top 3. Hooray? I understand arguing when someone openly says otherwise, but you will literally swoop in out of no where to post something to that extent, for no reason. Much like my much-maligned random, daily life based posts. No one asked. No one cares. Maybe you keep doing it for the same reason I do - boredom and you find typing cathartic and relaxing, but I dont think so. I think you are REALLY good at something that means a lot to a lot of people for the first time in your life (im just going out on a limb here, maybe you are super good at all kinds of things) and you're letting that specific, narrow-band skill build you some bizarre ego.

Also, just FYI, you are a fantastic hypocrite who bitches about using other people and cherry picking sets and tier lists to back up and prove a point - then you do it yourself. You also bend the context of anything even remotely ambiguous to the meaning that suits your point.

But hey, what do I know. Since I'm bad at SF there is no way I could apply critical thinking and observation backed up by available information to form a conclusion.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
If you ignored me, why can I see what you're typing? Maybe Im wrong here (please post a top player explaining how Im wrong in how to use TYM along with an anecdote about how you discussed this fact with a mod or something so we know you are "in" and talk to important people) but I thought if I ignored you, then it blocked my posts on your end as well.

But no, really, we get it, you are good at SFV and have been pretty damn accurate at calling characters out early and you are the best player here.. Its just kinda pathetic to KEEP HAMMERING THAT POINT HOME like its some genuine sense of ego for you? We get it Shazzy, you dont think Guile is top 3. Hooray? I understand arguing when someone openly says otherwise, but you will literally swoop in out of no where to post something to that extent, for no reason. Much like my much-maligned random, daily life based posts. No one asked. No one cares. Maybe you keep doing it for the same reason I do - boredom and you find typing cathartic and relaxing, but I dont think so. I think you are REALLY good at something that means a lot to a lot of people for the first time in your life (im just going out on a limb here, maybe you are super good at all kinds of things) and you're letting that specific, narrow-band skill build you some bizarre ego.

Also, just FYI, you are a fantastic hypocrite who bitches about using other people and cherry picking sets and tier lists to back up and prove a point - then you do it yourself. You also bend the context of anything even remotely ambiguous to the meaning that suits your point.

But hey, what do I know. Since I'm bad at SF there is no way I could apply critical thinking and observation backed up by available information to form a conclusion.
look man I knew this was coming and I skimmed it to get an idea so I'm gonna get keep it real simple.

I don't care, post whatever 3 am rants you want sorry you're upset I don't want to read them

Yeah i know tackle is punishible if you space it really bad. He can be plus, negative but safe, and punishable. There is a whole range of frame data there.

lk shot is -5 on block and guile has some pretty decent buttons. pretty sure there is some button that will beat any of rashid's options.
rarely is Urien plus and rarely can the situation come up organically and the risk is way more than the reward it's theory fighter garbage

so just block the buttton? is my back still to the corner after my check and now it's your turn? Or do I get to throw out a free vskill boom and walk out of the corner for free and get a sick 50/50 because Guile 9-1s rashid man

what's the problem here seriously I don't get it? Rashid can't infinite me with pressure?

Last edited:
The Urien thing was just a response to Rushdown saying Urien is never at plus frames. He can be at plus frames, despite it being difficult. He can get into a range where tackle is either plus on block or even more plus on hit. If he spaces it wrong, he's still going to be safe.

As for whirlwind shot plus frames, it's a risk to throw out constantly. So either you are going to keep letting him get away with it or you are going to force him to stop by pushing a button or using some other option (which many characters have). It's almost the same mixup as a command grab but not as scary. You might take a couple medium whirlwind shots for 60 damage or just play it safe and eventually block a Medium or light whirlwind shot and his pressure is over.

Also, kind of funny to complain about plus on block projectiles when booms are +2.
Urien literally can not make tackle ever be plus enough to beat rashid(or any character with a 3 frame normal). And even then no one on this earth could do it consistently vs an active opponent. It's not doable(unless they've only got 4 framers)and not worth the risk simple. Also I absolutely never said Urien doesn't have plus frames. He does. They're just off slow buttons and his frame traps don't really work vs rashid with the only exception being st mp into cr mp which leaves him at 0.

Last edited:
I'm taking points off for playing the middle with that response. Come on rushdown, you're better then that
Oh I don't play the middle ground if I don't wanna. Shazzy is an asshole and he argues hypocritical points without any actual justifications. He's just probably right that guile most likely isn't top 3. He's right but for the wrong reasons while also being a tremendous douchenozzle about it.

Oh I don't play the middle ground if I don't wanna. Shazzy is an asshole and he argues hypocritical points without any actual justifications. He's just probably right that guile most likely isn't top 3. He's right but for the wrong reasons while also being a tremendous douchenozzle about it.
You don't think Guile is top 3?? Honestly most lists I've read he's def top 3. But you have your reasons and its respectable.

You don't think Guile is top 3?? Honestly most lists I've read he's def top 3. But you have your reasons and its respectable.
He's too honest imo. He's good all around but he can't X factor and kill you. He's gonna get his rounds but he's not going to steal them. I think you could make an argument for him being top 3 but with all the anti fireball tech in the game and the ridiculous rushdown potential some characters have im personally a lot less scared of a guile than I am a lot of other characters. If I mistime a meaty vs guile Ima eat some dmg and have to hold a generic mixup. If I do that same thing vs like 5 other characters in the game I could die. Just literally die because of one mistimed jab.

NHDR

Noob
Ok, let's say Guile isn't top 3. Where is he, then? And why? Please no condescension and trolling, just straight-forward analysis and supporting argument.

EDIT: Just as I posted this, Rushdown made a well-thought reply. Good stuff. I'd tend to agree. My personal belief is he's top 5 or slightly outside that. I believe that Urien, Laura, Balrog, Rashid, and Necalli are better than him.

Ok, let's say Guile isn't top 3. Where is he, then? And why? Please no condescension and trolling, just straight-forward analysis and supporting argument.
Eh. Right now my top 8~ are pretty fluid but if you had to put a gun to my head I'd say 5-7.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

EDIT: Just as I posted this, Rushdown made a well-thought reply. Good stuff. I'd tend to agree. My personal belief is he's top 5 or slightly outside that. I believe that Urien, Laura, Balrog, Rashid, and Necalli are better than him.
Cammy, Urien, Karin, Necalli, Rashid, Balrog, are better than him overall it's that simple

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Urien literally can not make tackle ever be plus enough to beat rashid(or any character with a 3 frame normal). And even then no one on this earth could do it consistently vs an active opponent. It's not doable(unless they've only got 4 framers)and not worth the risk simple. Also I absolutely never said Urien doesn't have plus frames. He does. They're just off slow buttons and his frame traps don't really work vs rashid with the only exception being st mp into cr mp which leaves him at 0.
That's pretty much a trade situation for Rashid. And I wasn't even saying that it's like a staple of the MU or something... I just think it's dumb that he can make tackle plus, much less safe. You're right though, it's a pretty minor thing in the grand scheme of Urien's dumb stuff.

That's pretty much a trade situation for Rashid. And I wasn't even saying that it's like a staple of the MU or something... I just think it's dumb that he can make tackle plus, much less safe. You're right though, it's a pretty minor thing in the grand scheme of Urien's dumb stuff.
its not even a minor thing. It isn't a thing. It's not a thing that anyone can do anywhere near reliably. It's the furthest thing that something can be from being a thing while still existing. You're talking about a frame+pixel perfect trick involving you reading where your opponent will be 30 frames from now. It's the most ridiculous gamble ever.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
its not even a minor thing. It isn't a thing. It's not a thing that anyone can do anywhere near reliably. It's the furthest thing that something can be from being a thing while still existing. You're talking about a frame+pixel perfect trick involving you reading where your opponent will be 30 frames from now. It's the most ridiculous gamble ever.
So you're saying it's a thing? :D

But to be serious, it's not 30 frames and there's proximity block to hold you in place. Maybe somebody will find a meaty setup someday.

So you're saying it's a thing? :D

But to be serious, it's not 30 frames and there's proximity block to hold you in place. Maybe somebody will find a meaty setup someday.
It's 25 frames my b I'm sorry for that gross over exaggeration. Also proximity block doesn't stop them from walking forward and punishing you or neutral jumping and punishing you or buffering and punishing you or blocking and trading because being +1 with no 3 frame normal doesn't mean shit.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Yes certainly this new tech the mikas can use to counter the scourge that is top tier Alex will propel her straight to another capcom cup victory. Thank you shazzy master of non sequiturs and irrelevant info!
it has nothing to do with alex bum. Mika hurtbox retracts during forward dashes which adds to why trying to play footsies in this game is weak and guile is bad

Last edited:

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Yes certainly this new tech the mikas can use to counter the scourge that is top tier Alex will propel her straight to another capcom cup victory. Thank you shazzy master of non sequiturs and irrelevant info!
it hasn't nothing to do with alex bum. Mika hurtbox restracts during forward dashes which adds to why playing trying to play footsies in this game is weak and guile is bad
and there we go. Order has been restored. I was worried i was in some Mandela effect alternate dimension with you 2 agreeing on everything.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
and there we go. Order has been restored. I was worried i was in some Mandela effect alternate dimension with you 2 agreeing on everything.
he tries to do this clever response thing but he doesn't know how to read which is the sad part and he completely misses the point of the video. Nothing to do with alex at all but you know he worked so hard on that post you don't want to really ruin it for the little guy. tragedy and comedy at the same time its classic bumdown post. Beautiful really.

this stuff writes itself man

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yeah all that sounds familiar.

BTW, hopefully I'm not too late but does everyone remember when I told everyone to wait on Rashid? So I should get credit for realizing the top tier nature of the human sand dune or whatever his shtick is. And everyone should listen to me.

Yeah all that sounds familiar.

BTW, hopefully I'm not too late but does everyone remember when I told everyone to wait on Rashid? So I should get credit for realizing the top tier nature of the human sand dune or whatever his shtick is. And everyone should listen to me.
I think rashid is top 10, not top 5 imo, my scrub tier list is as follows, and again, I gathered this through pro players lists, online lists and twitch streams so it's obviously just a "get an idea" tier list.
1) Guile
2) Urien
3) Rog
4) Laura
5) Necalli
I definitely understand how this can be off since my calculations might totally change depending on the stream I asked etc.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Open question: If character X beats character Y in neutral, would that automatically mean that character X wins the MU? Winning meaning at least 6-4. (I don't fuck with those half way win numbers)

You can say whatever you want about any tools helping character Y and maybe it's easy for them to snatch a win after they get the hit. But if they're at disadvantage from the jump, would it be a losing MU?

I think rashid is top 10, not top 5 imo, my scrub tier list is as follows, and again, I gathered this through pro players lists, online lists and twitch streams so it's obviously just a "get an idea" tier list.
1) Guile
2) Urien
3) Rog
4) Laura
5) Necalli
I definitely understand how this can be off since my calculations might totally change depending on the stream I asked etc.
I can fuck with that top 5. The top roster is so vague. It's more of a group than a straight tier list. You say you put it together using other players' lists. What determined character placing exactly?

he tries to do this clever response thing but he doesn't know how to read which is the sad part and he completely misses the point of the video. Nothing to do with alex at all but you know he worked so hard on that post you don't want to really ruin it for the little guy. tragedy and comedy at the same time its classic bumdown post. Beautiful really.

this stuff writes itself man
I want you to find one instance of Mika dodging an attack that should've hit her with a forward dash in a tournament. Show me someone getting screwed over in footsies by this totally usable tech.