What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I want you to find one instance of Mika dodging an attack that should've hit her with a forward dash in a tournament. Show me someone getting screwed over in footsies by this totally usable tech.
how am I gonna show you tech of something in tournament that was discovered hours ago. Think before you post please.

The character can forward dash in situations where anyone else would have to hold a meaty but im sure this is totally ok to leave in the game because bumdown doesn't find it useful lul

Open question: If character X beats character Y in neutral, would that automatically mean that character X wins the MU? Winning meaning at least 6-4. (I don't fuck with those half way win numbers)

You can say whatever you want about any tools helping character Y and maybe it's easy for them to snatch a win after they get the hit. But if they're at disadvantage from the jump, would it be a losing MU?

I can fuck with that top 5. The top roster is so vague. It's more of a group than a straight tier list. You say you put it together using other players' lists. What determined character placing exactly?
I think it's determined by how those top do against the rest of the cast. Obviously Guile isn't winning everything, neither is Urien, but at the same time Gief (who many consider top 5) hasn't won too many events either yet his strength has sky rocketed him on lists. See that's what I mean, I myself like to take placings into consideration but I'm really a scrub so I don't have an actual tier list myself. But tiers change all the time.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
If you ignored me, why can I see what you're typing? Maybe Im wrong here (please post a top player explaining how Im wrong in how to use TYM along with an anecdote about how you discussed this fact with a mod or something so we know you are "in" and talk to important people) but I thought if I ignored you, then it blocked my posts on your end as well.

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH
Nope, when you block someone they can still see your posts. Pig of the Cuck blocked me and I still see all his horseshit lul.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well I guess it's confirmed, Mika's forward dash hurtbox tech wasn't in the game/couldn't even be used by accident because it wasn't discovered until yesterday. Impossible to use something that wasn't discovered, even by accident, guize come on think before you post

Jeez bumdown it wasn't even doable in the game man because it wasn't discovered by someone smh how do you expect tournament players to do impossible things sheesh how could you ask something so stupid no wonder you're not the highest ranked akuma godddd

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think it's determined by how those top do against the rest of the cast. Obviously Guile isn't winning everything, neither is Urien, but at the same time Gief (who many consider top 5) hasn't won too many events either yet his strength has sky rocketed him on lists. See that's what I mean, I myself like to take placings into consideration but I'm really a scrub so I don't have an actual tier list myself. But tiers change all the time.
I'm asking "how did you put your list together?". Since you say you based it off of other players' lists and opinions. Was guile considered Top 1 in most of the lists you looked at?

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Well I guess it's confirmed, Mika's forward dash hurtbox tech wasn't in the game/couldn't even be used by accident because it wasn't discovered until yesterday. Impossible to use something that wasn't discovered, even by accident, guize come on think before you post

Jeez bumdown it wasn't even doable in the game man because it wasn't discovered by someone smh how do you expect tournament players to do impossible things sheesh how could you ask something so stupid no wonder you're not the highest ranked akuma godddd
fair enough but how many mikas have you ever seen just dashing in? Its usually a drop kick set up or that slide in. Maybe now it has been shown we might see it more. I cant recall a mika player just dashing in.

I'm sorry sir. I forgot that mikas fwd dash was an unknown thing and that they all just walked at people in footsies not realizing the immortality that they posessed.

fair enough but how many mikas have you ever seen just dashing in? Its usually a drop kick set up or that slide in. Maybe now it has been shown we might see it more. I cant recall a mika player just dashing in.
I could probably make a 20 minute compilation of nuckldu starting rounds with double dash into brimstone. Mikas definitely dash at people. It's not a ton because it isn't great but it isn't great for anyone, they all still do it.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

How about this. I'm not going back to watch every Mika match ever to look and see if it unintentionally happened.

There's lots of people who felt like this discovery actually explains a lot when they would fight Mika. You don't even play the game, relax guy who downplayed batgirl .

If nobody knows the tech, nobody is intentionally applying the tech, but bumdown wants me to prove unknown tech was useful during a time people didn't even know it was possible to do. How does that make any sense? You guys can't be this dumb

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
http://plays.tv/video/584b187d119fc90645/mikas-dash?from=user

I get it now. This is what bumdown meant when he said Mika players have just amazing ground game and t wasn't the character carrying them. You know, right before they nerfed her braindead Cr.hp get in tool and he dropped the character so fast lul.

Give me a break you scrubs I'm sure if anyone thought about it for a second you could remember a situation where it seemed like Mika just dashes through your normal in neutral similar to the vide above. I know I'm not surprised

I'm asking "how did you put your list together?". Since you say you based it off of other players' lists and opinions. Was guile considered Top 1 in most of the lists you looked at?
Yes, yes he was. I believe the last like 10 times whenever I asked for top 3 or top 5 characters this is usually the order I received. Urien was also number 1 on a lot of players lists but guile more. Seems to be the general opinion though. Eventhubs also list Guile and Urien as top 2, yea I know about events how a lot don't consider their opinions too strong. I read fchamp,nemo,alioune and marn also had guile as top and similar listing as the one I put. I wish I could gather like the top players rankings, that would give a lot of insight. I don't have Twitter or know of other pros lists so like I said maybe this list is way off or whatever.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
In a game with so little active frames on attacks Mika's forward dash moving her hitbox back for a few (5?) frames is pretty significant. Especially for a grapple/vortex style character.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
In a game with so little active frames on attacks Mika's forward dash is pretty significant. Especially for a grapple/vortex style character.
Ya and what's the risk. It's not like forward dashes are Crush Counterable anyway. It's not like Mika just needs this to work out once for her for you to be in the blender and potentially lose the round in 10 seconds. it's not like anybody is saying spam forward dash 24/7 in every situation.

or but, you know, youphemism made a funny guise. knowing why this is dumb immediately and not needing some kindve video evidence of fuudo winning all his matches using this is the difference between a bumdown and you lul

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Just put the info out, it's up to everyone else to take it in how they want.
ya it's fine lul. these are the guys who thought "batgirl was fine get good guise" and then bumdown with "Guiles upside down kick being comboable would be useless buff guise and people would just fish with it in neutral" lul that ones a classic

this is why I go crazy man

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Give me a break you scrubs I'm sure if anyone thought about it for a second you could remember a situation where it seemed like Mika just dashes through your normal in neutral similar to the vide above. I know I'm not surprised
I feel like my normals have definitely gone through her dashes before when it seemed like they should hit.

Mika's dashes aren't supposed to like dealing with Bison's dashes where you have to delay your normal. For a grappler, it's a bit too strong.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I feel like my normals have definitely gone through her dashes before when it seemed like they should hit.

Mika's dashes aren't supposed to like dealing with Bison's dashes where you have to delay your normal. For a grappler, it's a bit too strong.
This should be the response from someone who actually plays the game, like, at all

ok but listen riptorn batigrl had a yet to be discovered-infinite on release but did you see any tournament footage of it? No? Well then according to youphemism and bumdown it's not even useful ok lul

her neutral was just as hard as mika players pretend it is too so hopefully they leave this for the poor Mika mains lul

ya it's fine lul. these are the guys who thought "batgirl was fine get good guise" and then bumdown with "Guiles upside down kick being comboable would be useless buff guise and people would just fish with it in neutral" lul that ones a classic

this is why I go crazy man
Man if You wanna quote me at least quote me correctly. I said it's a dumb buff because when it's actually used to do what it's designed to do it always gets the counter hit or hits meaty. Them implementing the buff doesn't mean it wasn't or isn't a dumb buff in my opinion. They also made ex tackle 0 and gave Urien a crossup both dumb buffs imo(although for a different reason).

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Man if You wanna quote me at least quote me correctly. I said it's a dumb buff because when it's actually used to do what it's designed to do it always gets the counter hit or hits meaty. Them implementing the buff doesn't mean it wasn't or isn't a dumb buff in my opinion. They also made ex tackle 0 and gave Urien a crossup both dumb buffs imo(although for a different reason).
ya buzz off bumdown you don't get to play off how especially dumb you and bumphemism posts were in the last page

the idea of the upside down kick buff in the first place is because it DOESNT always get counter hits even tho it's obviously meant to reward the player for a successful hit which is why they buffed it in the first place. Do you think a 16 frame Mid airborne move without all the properties of being airborne is just supposed to be a footsie tool with the reward being the hit itself like cammys fierce or something? It comboed in 4 idk how it combining now is suddenly dumb now.

Last edited:
This should be the response from someone who actually plays the game, like, at all

ok but listen riptorn batigrl had a yet to be discovered-infinite on release but did you see any tournament footage of it? No? Well then according to youphemism and bumdown it's not even useful ok lul

her neutral was just as hard as mika players pretend it is too so hopefully they leave this for the poor Mika mains lul
No one said shit about wether or not it's useful. They just called you out for being an idiot for giving mikas thus far unseen dash properties as a reason guile isn't good. Fuck off with your bullshit man.

ya buzz off bumdown you don't get to play off how especially dumb you and bumphemism posts were in the last page

the idea of the upside down kick buff in the first place is because it DOESNT always get counter hits even tho it's obviously meant to reward the player for a successful hit which is why they buffed it in the first place. Do you think a 16 frame Mid is just supposed to be a footsie tool with the reward being the hit itself like cammys fierceor something? It comboed in 4 idk how it combining now is suddenly dumb now
You're also ignoring how I said instead of that let's give him an actual invincible meterless flash kick so he can actually play like guile instead of giving him more shit that doesn't fit his design.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
No one said shit about wether or not it's useful.
irrelevant info!
ya that's a synonym for useful right? maybe youphemism will swoop in and save the day for you again lul. He doesn't even play the game at your level idk why you guys are yucking it up like you know something I don't about the game lul. youohemism just doesn't like me cause we made fun of him for being a bum about batgirl and you're just feeding into it because also guess why lul. same with bumjay. what a bunch of winners right there

You're also ignoring how I said instead of that let's give him an actual invincible meterless flash kick so he can actually play like guile instead of giving him more shit that doesn't fit his design.
what does flash kick have to do with upside down kick? I'm not ignoring anything it's just has nothing to do with what we're talking about or my point in the first place lul

the ass pulls are insane right now. No matter your exact words, upside down kick is not in, anyway, a useless or stupid buff like you tried to play it off as