What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Sorry, I kind of got lost in the conversation, but I'm on PS4 and need as much FM as I can get...

What's going on in the next couple of weeks that will help to gain more FM?
Eleague which will be going on for a couple weeks. When the event is on, go to http://live.eleague.com/ and long in with your PSN to do the quests on the tab. Last week I got about 10k FM.

This is also the same for any capcom pro tour events that is shown on the capcom fighters channel on twitch. You have to go to http://live.capcomprotour.com/ and do the same. You can get about 5k from this.

NHDR

Noob
Guile is good in this game, I do think he's top 5. The only reason people say he's some kind of S+++ tier is because he's a character who crushes bad habits. He exists to demolish players who have no clue how to stay grounded and insist on jumping all the time. For the players who know how to exploit the various anti-zoning strategies in SFV, he's not as overwhelming. I hope S2.5 is the last time they nerf Guile due to scrubs whining.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
‪not only did poongko hit master rank with Kolin but he thinks she's goes 5-5 with Guile. but you know he's best in the game man undoubtedly top 5 spam sonic boom so good guise 7-3 Guile's favor man every matchup except fair and honest rashid that's 9-1 Guile according to the bums who's exp is plat Guiles all day or something lul

so gdlk
But your boy Alex Valle said it was a bad MU for Kolin...

Went and watched Diago's Guile vs. two of Japan's best Rashids (Moke and Gachikun) in FT10's and Daigo pretty much showed that Guile wins that MU despite Moke busting out some crazy tech and Daigo just playing a super basic Guile.

Oh and then there's this:

Where's Rashid?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
But your boy Alex Valle said it was a bad MU for Kolin...

Went and watched Diago's Guile vs. two of Japan's best Rashids (Moke and Gachikun) in FT10's and Daigo pretty much showed that Guile wins that MU despite Moke busting out some crazy tech and Daigo just playing a super basic Guile.

Oh and then there's this:

Where's Rashid?
online ft10s decide matchups so gdlk man lul

And ya I'm you're sure you're nemos biggest fanboy now, but obviously memo didn't know what he was talking about when he posted his last tier list couple months ago where Rashid was actually top 3 lul.

Why don't you go ask Haitani where he thinks Rashid is? Hint: also top 3 Rashid but what does he know compared to the great riptorn so gdlk

Last edited:
Man who cares. Rashido is good nuff said. You're gonna find players of all skill levels that have him top5 and players of all skill levels that have him outside it. It doesn't matter. Hell haitani thinks Urien is mid tier. We honestly don't know where exactly everyone is yet all we know is if characters are strong enough to be viable and rashid and guile are both obviously good enough to be used. 3 months into season one people still thought Nash was top 5 and ryu was top 2. Relax.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
online ft10s decide matchups so gdlk man lul
Isn't that what you do? Or do you listen to Alex Valle and Ranmasama? Or do you just listen to top Japan players? How exactly are you determining your MU numbers since you don't play offline?

This whole argument is just one big "He said/She said" with no actual substance.

Rashid has no bad MU's? Where are you getting that? You don't even play Rashid. At least I'm commenting on the MU's that I've played and witnessed.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Isn't that what you do? Or do you listen to Alex Valle and Ranmasama? Or do you just listen to top Japan players? How exactly are you determining your MU numbers since you don't play offline?

This whole argument is just one big "He said/She said" with no actual substance.

Rashid has no bad MU's? Where are you getting that? You don't even play Rashid. At least I'm commenting on the MU's that I've played and witnessed.
no I understand the characters myself, through my own experience, playing at higher levels of the game, with tons of games against other high level players, and then explain my own opinions formed through my own 1st hand experience win or lose being irrelevant to an actual matchup number. Can you say the same?

I don't watch Daigo play 10 matches eventhubs or cherry pick what I like other top players say that that reinforce my opinion and to say "look guise see I'm right" lul. Or at least I don't have to do that sometimes lul

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
for example poongko, probably the best Kolin now we'll see how good after NCR, has said Guile 5-5 right. I shared that info but does it mean I agree? Not really, I think guile has an advantage but the point of it is that 99% of these day 1 Kolin experts telling me it's her worst matchup man Guile too zoning too good no options... don't actually know what they're talking about when it comes to their character, Guile, the game itself or even playing fighting games lul but mostly the first two things

nemo thinks guile's best in the game? that's nice I respect his tier list, good for him lul. but rip torn saw some Daigo matches on eventhubs and then showed me nemo's tier lists so rashid loses the matchup and isn't top 5?

lul thanks for the laugh my man

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
for example poongko, probably the best Kolin now we'll see how good after NCR, has said Guile 5-5 right. I shared that info but does it mean I agree? Not really, I think guile has an advantage but the point of it is that 99% of these day 1 Kolin experts telling me it's her worst matchup man Guile too zoning too good no options... don't actually know what they're talking about when it comes to their character, Guile, the game itself or even playing fighting games lul but mostly the first two things

nemo thinks guile's best in the game? that's nice I respect his tier list, good for him lul. but rip torn saw some Daigo matches on eventhubs and then showed me nemo's tier lists so rashid loses the matchup and isn't top 5?

lul thanks for the laugh my man
I wasn't basing my whole opinion of the Guile MU on those Daigo sets. Merely an example of how Guile can control the MU. I just found them last night but I've been saying it's in Guile's favor for a while. If you could find a video of a long set of a top Rashid vs a top Guile, I'd like to see it. If not just for the MU knowledge to see how top players deal with the MU.

Low Tier God gets bodied by Brolylegs and makes fun of the fact that he's handicapped. I thought I would personally expose this piece of shit on TYM so everyone knows what a disgusting human being he is.

SpineRip

Noob
Eleague which will be going on for a couple weeks. When the event is on, go to http://live.eleague.com/ and long in with your PSN to do the quests on the tab. Last week I got about 10k FM.

This is also the same for any capcom pro tour events that is shown on the capcom fighters channel on twitch. You have to go to http://live.capcomprotour.com/ and do the same. You can get about 5k from this.
Thanks! I did that during the E-League Prelims, but only got maybe 6k from it, I didn't realize this part had this feature as well, I thought the rest of it was only on TBS.

I also didn't know you could do this for the CPT, so thanks for the heads up!

Like what if you don't mind me asking.
Like the other times he's done the same things with broly, or the other times where he says super homophobic/racist stuff, or the other times where he's abusive to his girl on stream, or the other times where he body shames people. Pick an ltg stream and watch it. I guarantee you'll see at least one moment that's as terrible as the one you linked.