What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Nice. Thanks for taking your time to reply, I appreciate it bro. Ok I've made my decision, I'm dropping Laura and maining Ryu and Akuma! Shotos for life!!! Lol.
I wouldn't main both of them. They're either gonna have similar matchup charts if ryus buffs end up being relevant or Akumas just gonna still be better. That plus akuma is like the only character in the game I feel is finnicky enough you should just main him alone if you wanna be legit with him. Unless you're snake eyes.

I wouldn't main both of them. They're either gonna have similar matchup charts if ryus buffs end up being relevant or Akumas just gonna still be better. That plus akuma is like the only character in the game I feel is finnicky enough you should just main him alone if you wanna be legit with him. Unless you're snake eyes.
Yea, I'm not dropping Laura, (edited my post) I'm making her my third after Ryu ahs Akuma.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Me and Chris don't have the same style. i play a better flashkick/boom game then him but chris has better intuition/adaptation than me. If samurai loses it's because Chris is just better than him today and not really an unaware of the character matchup thing because Chris plays Guile like nash with Guiles tools more than like Guile

Should be the other way around hopefully Chris's time playing Akuma means he doesn't get gimmicked out he's that type of character

Last edited:
Me and Chris don't have the same style. i play a better flashkick/boom game then him but chris has better intuition/adaptation than me. If samurai loses it's because Chris is just better than him today and not really an unaware of the character matchup thing because Chris plays Guile like nash with Guiles tools more than like Guile
I'd respond to that but gootecks just did for me.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

Should be the other way around hopefully Chris's time playing Akuma means he doesn't get gimmicked out he's that type of character
Chris G's style is probably better in the Akuma MU anyway since Akuma has so many ways around the boom/flash kick game.

Lol missed it.
He did st mk into v skill kick demon. Usually wouldn't reach but he Kara canceled it for a tiny bit of forward momentum.

Also if you're watching samurai play the reason he's doing whiff cr mk into dash after dp in trigger is that it's a demon setup. The demon will hit on frame one unless they hold up. He actually can't press buttons there or go for regular throws like he did but the fear of demon makes it work.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I don't know if that really was an input error Samurai has dped me in that exact situation/corner distance a few times after blocked boom lul idk

I'd respond to that but gootecks just did for me.
what did he say

Chris G's style is probably better in the Akuma MU anyway since Akuma has so many ways around the boom/flash kick game.
Ya chris doesn't want to turtle he always walks back and plays with normals which is should be done vs akuma

I don't know if that really was an input error Samurai has dped me in that exact situation/corner distance a few times after blocked boom lul idk

what did he say

Ya chris doesn't want to turtle he always walks back and plays with normals which is should be done vs akuma
He said "if you're sitting at home watching saying these guys suck come out and join us". And I KNOW you're sitting there thinking it. Even if you're not saying it.

Also I don't think it was an input error either. I think he was trying to catch a limb/boom.

And agree again I think the biggest reason akuma does well in that matchup is he's the only character in the game that can force guile to come to him. You could see it when Chris g was walking back to build space and 3 seconds later was like wait. I can't do that.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

That was a huge gamble if he tried to shoryu.

I think Chris used guile's v-skill maybe 5 times, and only really when he needed the 3 hits to stop Akuma's red fireball/shin air fireballs from chipping him. One of the first times he used it in neutral, Samurai swept him.

That was a huge gamble if he tried to shoryu.

I think Chris used guile's v-skill maybe 5 times, and only really when he needed the 3 hits to stop Akuma's red fireball/shin air fireballs from chipping him. One of the first times he used it in neutral, Samurai swept him.
It's always a huge gamble to dp. Especially with akuma. It took a lot of discipline for Chris not to press his advantage there after he was plus on that boom. It's just one of those situations where if it works he looks godlike and if it gets him killed it's a head scratcher. Definitely not the cleanest play, but certainly something that could've worked if his read was right.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
He said "if you're sitting at home watching saying these guys suck come out and join us". And I KNOW you're sitting there thinking it. Even if you're not saying it.

Also I don't think it was an input error either. I think he was trying to catch a limb/boom.

And agree again I think the biggest reason akuma does well in that matchup is he's the only character in the game that can force guile to come to him. You could see it when Chris g was walking back to build space and 3 seconds later was like wait. I can't do that.
but the post you quoted I didn't say anybody was bad so lul ok I just described chris gs playstyle accurately he plays like thatagainst every character except gief and fang. He doesn't flashkick or boom heavy and jumps or dashes in playing on opponents expectations of a turtle Guile

but the post you quoted I didn't say anybody was bad so lul ok I just described chris gs playstyle accurately he plays like thatagainst every character except gief and fang. He doesn't flashkick or boom heavy and jumps or dashes in playing on opponents expectations of a turtle Guile
Wasn't really a shot at you TBH. Just that if you're that good you should go.

I want a tournament where there's two sets of commentators. One for hype and the other one just sajam with a fucking john madden style marker drawing on the screen doing analysis like he does on his stream.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
idk how you can watch punk 6-1 chris g's Guile like that and say Guiles the best in the game lul. Trying to zone in this game isn't good ever at a high level. Karin players actually think she's loses the matchup. Guile isn't top 5 get good scrubs lul

Last edited:
idk how you can watch punk 6-1 chris g's Guile like that and say Guiles the best in the game lul. Trying to zone in this game isn't good ever at a high level. Karin players actually think she's loses the matchup. Guile isn't top 5 get good scrubs lul
Chris g is not on punks level. Not even close. Also it was 6-2 I believe.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
It's always a huge gamble to dp. Especially with akuma. It took a lot of discipline for Chris not to press his advantage there after he was plus on that boom. It's just one of those situations where if it works he looks godlike and if it gets him killed it's a head scratcher. Definitely not the cleanest play, but certainly something that could've worked if his read was right.
Yep, kind of like that Karin sweep that punk did to Chris G. If it gets blocked, Chris takes that match and who knows what happens after that...

Punk reminds me of a young Justin Wong with amazing footsies and patience combined with the style and confidence of NuckleDu. He's pretty damn entertaining.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Chris g is not on punks level. Not even close. Also it was 6-2 I believe.
lul I like punk but the guy was a random online ken who sent hatemail a year and half ago. Not undiscovered or anything just typical online guy. He doesn't outclass Chris g in fighting games because he's doing well in sfv. Chris G has beaten plenty of players above punks level in this game alone

he outclassed Flash Metroid at ESL now chris g at wcw is different this is just what happens when you play Guile against high level players

Last edited: