What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Needs to have v-trigger activated and can only do it off a neutral jump possibly only on counter hit. Not saying it's fair but it's somewhat circumstantial.
it really doesn't matter. blocked dp cc bnb sets gief up for 1 grab into stun which if successful (not hard when you have option select pressure) you'd take upwards of 800 damage when the sequence is all said and done because gief baited you one time

And I said comeback factor for a reason I know it's specific situation that he still doesn't need

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
it really doesn't matter. blocked dp cc bnb sets gief up for 1 grab into stun which if successful (not hard when you have option select pressure) you'd take upwards of 800 damage when the sequence is all said and done because gief baited you one time
I'm pretty sure Urien and Balrog can do the same with v-trigger. I'm not saying it should stay. They should tone down some of the crazy offense in this game.

I doubt I'll be playing the game much after I2 comes out for this very reason.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I'm pretty sure Urien and Balrog can do the same with v-trigger. I'm not saying it should stay. They should tone down some of the crazy offense in this game.

No unlike this new gief they can't stun you with one combo in vtrigger. It would take at least another reset to get the stun after vtrigger cc combo.

Or if you're comparing gief having a 900 something stun meterless cc combo to Balrogs and Uriens vtrigger/meter combos that's dumb

You can flip it around too and say gief baits a dp after 1 grab and there goes like 700 something damage meterless

Last edited:

Urien isn't stunning you in one combo man. If he combos you then ccs you on a wakeup he's still a reset away. Unless you're starting with a pretty unreasonable starter combo.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
No unlike this new gief they can't stun you with one combo in vtrigger. It would take at least another reset to get the stun after vtrigger cc combo.

Or if you're comparing gief having a 900 something stun meterless cc combo to Balrogs and Uriens vtrigger/meter combos that's dumb

You can flip it around too and say gief baits a dp after 1 grab and there goes like 700 something damage meterless
I was responding to the part of your response where you said it doesn't matter if it's situational because 1 cc bnb sets Gief up for 1 grab into stun.

I was responding to the part of your response where you said it doesn't matter if it's situational because 1 cc bnb sets Gief up for 1 grab into stun.
There's a difference between one grab into stun and one reset into stun. Urien/Rog won't get the stun off a grab after their combo but will off a combo so you can safely eat the throw which makes it less scary.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
There's nothing situational about a cc bnb doesn't even cost meter. It's not corner specific it doesn't only work on some hurtboxes or anything. Situational is like Urien's headbutt loops this gief stuff is braindead

People complained about Guile doing less damage than this sequence for a 50 hit corner combo using all his resources and gief spends nothing and hits 5 buttons lul

The vtrigger 1 combo stun just goes to show you how scrubby this character needs to be for their players to say zangief might be toptier

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
There's a difference between one grab into stun and one reset into stun. Urien/Rog won't get the stun off a grab after their combo but will off a combo so you can safely eat the throw which makes it less scary.
Command grabs are more risky than throws or some of Uriens resets.

There's nothing situational about a cc bnb doesn't even cost meter. It's not corner specific it doesn't only work on some hurtboxes or anything. Situational is like Urien's headbutt loops this gief stuff is braindead

People complained about Guile doing less damage than this sequence for a 50 hit corner combo using all his resources and gief spends nothing and hits 5 buttons lul

The vtrigger 1 combo stun just goes to show you how scrubby this character needs to be for their players to say zangief might be toptier
The situational part was that v-trigger has to be active before the baited dp.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Command grabs are more risky than throws or some of Uriens resets.

The situational part was that v-trigger has to be active before the baited dp.
ok but dude you can't say the vtrigger combo into almost stun is situational because that's not what we've been talking about these last posts. The vtrigger combo already stuns you in 1 touch no reset required I understand vtrigger is required.

The regular dp cc meterless bnb does the 920 stun and he does not need to risk a command throw he can do a regular throw at that point among the layers of oses he already has on oki in general

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
ok but dude you can't say the vtrigger combo into almost stun is situational because that's not what we've been talking about these last posts. The vtrigger combo already stuns you in 1 touch no reset required I understand vtrigger is required.

The regular dp cc meterless bnb does the 920 stun and he does not need to risk a command throw he can do a regular throw at that point among the layers of oses he already has on oki in general
When I said situational, I meant that he already has to have v-trigger activated with at least half of it left to do that combo. And I said somewhat situational. And it probably only works on the super high DP's, so it's probably not going to work on 75% of the cast. That's all I meant by situational.

So this 920 stun combo you are talking about is in the new patch? If so, I think that should be removed... That's pretty dumb. The game is turning into battle of the 2 hit kill mixup chars.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Sigh. We have time before they release in April.. But this stuff just scares the shit out me. Its like they have no idea what they're doing. None.

I have no fucking idea what is going on with this game.

Whats the deal with the weird parry-thing they were talking about?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Daigo went 3-4 but Guile the best in the game right guise? Almost lost to gllty so gdlk man I'm such a downplayer

remember guise buff Zangief more because it's hard to rushdown in sfv and nerf Guile because he's the best in the game boom spam 2 bar vtrigger and udk ul

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

Giefs Counter?
I guess, didn't they give him a new Parry/counter move? It was a really weird description, like extremely specific, meant to catch mid kicks or something. I don't remember exactly. Just curious how it actually works.

Watch it be a tool to directly counter pokes like Karin/Cammy st.mks and such, just to make it so there is literally no way to stop or check Gief at all, lol.

EntropicByDesign

Nevermind I googled it.

Annnnddddddddd fuck this game. Completely. I'm done.

Why? Why the fuck is that a thing that exists? How much damage does that do? I don't care if it's slow or whatever, how many fucking kicks would need to be landed to equal ONE of those? Karin and Cammy vs Gief are already in Giefs favor MINIMUM, possibly by quite a lot now they literally have.. what? What in the shit can they do? Get up close and personal vs a grappler who wants you up close and personal and who also has the most health in the game and some of the absolute highest damage and a vortex and other horseshit? This probably catches Ibuki's St.hk too.

I know it's only one character, but this shows, to me, that Capcom don't know WTF they're doing, AT ALL. Literally no fucking idea. Cammy gets more shit vs everyone except Gief, Balrog doesn't lose a THING but less than a jabs worth of health, Urien gets a few changes but not the ones he needed.. Guile who was one of the better balanced strong characters gets nerfed, Ryu gets MINOR ass buffs.. Ryus fucking VSKILL PARRY doesn't have as much use an Giefs random ass Parry for.fucks sake.

What are they doing.wofh this game? What the fuck is the direction they are going?

Kolin is released based on set play and thoughtful offense and Oki and such, but she has baby-wearing-mittens damage and all in all probably isn't that great, meanwhile Balrog can 60% you or significantly more off any touch has great health, doesn't need the fancy set play and has just as strong Oki.. to use one example among several.

Akuma got.. 25 health? Wow! Less than a jab!!!! Super! But that's fair right because his damage is SO GOOD.. oh but wait, Gief does more and had a legit vortex. Cammy does as.mucb and more and has a Batshit neutral, Karin kinda does the same shit Cammy does but on a slightly lower level.

Ryu got more.rangd on two important moves. This is good but let's be real.here.. Cammy and Gief who were WAY better, got way more.

Alex got 1f faster on a few key normals, nice, but he's still.goimg to be crappy unless.ome of those normals.now allows.for some.clmbo.or pressure situation that wasn't there previously.

Didn't Chun get nerfed again? When she's already a weak character imo.

Nash is still.sbit.

Just....I know.im salty and in ranting and no one cares and whatever, bit REALLY? We stick by this game.r for this long and this is the best they can offer? A complete and utter misunderstanding of their.own game.peppered with some.od the stupidest shit.. it's like.they ACTIVELY tryinf to push the game into one of into a guess.into death scenarios.

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

Lol, why?

Watch a video of that counter and then look at everything Gief can do and decide.if Capcom have ANY IDEA what they are doing AT ALL. There is a shit tier in this game and they spend time and resources making it so Gief is literally uncontestable at any range.

Gief is going to end up being like 6-4'd by Sim and 4-6 and 3--7ing the entire rest of the cast.

Lol, why?
Watch a video of that counter and then look at everything Gief can do and decide.if Capcom have ANY IDEA what they are doing AT ALL. There is a shit tier in this game and they spend time and resources making it so Gief is literally uncontestable at any range.

Gief is going to end up being like 6-4'd by Sim and 4-6 and 3--7ing the entire rest of the cast.
Don't worry, that video that's going around on Twitter will make sure Capcom changes this.

Nevermind I googled it.

Annnnddddddddd fuck this game. Completely. I'm done.

Why? Why the fuck is that a thing that exists? How much damage does that do? I don't care if it's slow or whatever, how many fucking kicks would need to be landed to equal ONE of those? Karin and Cammy vs Gief are already in Giefs favor MINIMUM, possibly by quite a lot now they literally have.. what? What in the shit can they do? Get up close and personal vs a grappler who wants you up close and personal and who also has the most health in the game and some of the absolute highest damage and a vortex and other horseshit? This probably catches Ibuki's St.hk too.

I know it's only one character, but this shows, to me, that Capcom don't know WTF they're doing, AT ALL. Literally no fucking idea. Cammy gets more shit vs everyone except Gief, Balrog doesn't lose a THING but less than a jabs worth of health, Urien gets a few changes but not the ones he needed.. Guile who was one of the better balanced strong characters gets nerfed, Ryu gets MINOR ass buffs.. Ryus fucking VSKILL PARRY doesn't have as much use an Giefs random ass Parry for.fucks sake.

What are they doing.wofh this game? What the fuck is the direction they are going?

Kolin is released based on set play and thoughtful offense and Oki and such, but she has baby-wearing-mittens damage and all in all probably isn't that great, meanwhile Balrog can 60% you or significantly more off any touch has great health, doesn't need the fancy set play and has just as strong Oki.. to use one example among several.

Akuma got.. 25 health? Wow! Less than a jab!!!! Super! But that's fair right because his damage is SO GOOD.. oh but wait, Gief does more and had a legit vortex. Cammy does as.mucb and more and has a Batshit neutral, Karin kinda does the same shit Cammy does but on a slightly lower level.

Ryu got more.rangd on two important moves. This is good but let's be real.here.. Cammy and Gief who were WAY better, got way more.

Alex got 1f faster on a few key normals, nice, but he's still.goimg to be crappy unless.ome of those normals.now allows.for some.clmbo.or pressure situation that wasn't there previously.

Didn't Chun get nerfed again? When she's already a weak character imo.

Nash is still.sbit.

Just....I know.im salty and in ranting and no one cares and whatever, bit REALLY? We stick by this game.r for this long and this is the best they can offer? A complete and utter misunderstanding of their.own game.peppered with some.od the stupidest shit.. it's like.they ACTIVELY tryinf to push the game into one of into a guess.into death scenarios.
As funny as the rant was akuma honestly doesn't need buffs. The hp is cool but he's in a decent place tier wise imo. He's not godlike but he's well rounded and can beat anyone if he's played well.