What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Don't climb 'em.

Also, did Alex really have his grab slowed down to 6f, from 5? I thought they just removed the ability to tick off heavy chop, I didn't realize they added a frame to his grab. Sigh.
It's been 6f since the S2 patch. This patch just removed the hard chop tick grab which was a glitch.

That;s my issue, I know when I do something wrong and get blown up for it and thats fine, its when I read, or react, and still lose out on the situation that I start to get EXTREMELY pissed. When I watch a cross-under happening and easily and calmly change my block direction before Ive even landed, and then STILL get hit.. Or when I see a jump in that's not even a crossup and JUST BLOCK and somehow still get hit, or when I win an A2A and on landing go for like a JAB and get thrown, or get opened up by a CH MP or someshit and on and on. I can watch my play and easily see 'Ok, so I did this and he did this and this is why I got blown up' but when I watch a replay and say 'ok, so I jumped and he jab AA'd and dashed under, which as soon as I saw the jab I suspected he'd do anyway, so I blocked, but for some reason I still got opened up..'.. What is the take-away there? What do I learn from that? Or, say, Im under pressure and, lets use Gief as an example here, I'm in the corner eating plus frames and he pushes himself back on block enough that I have a few frames of breathing room and I read that he's going to headbutt to catch and stop my escape attempt, so I fire off an ex dp to catch him, and get myself the fuck out of there.. only I dont DP. I just get headbutted in the face. What do I learn from that? Maybe i fucked up the inputs? Sure, that's possible, it happens, but this situation repeats itself over and over, countless times, vs countless characters and countless players.. This DOESNT happen to me, outside very rare occasions (I do drop inputs) in other games.. So what do I learn?

And ultimately, I step back and ask myself why am I still trying to play when I dont enjoy it. Even when I win, I dont enjoy myself that often and I do win. Ive taken sets from players here and Ive pushed Rushdown (not on his mains, but I was on my newborn Karin, so the time per character was probably at least functionally close) to the last round, hell the LAST HIT, on more than one occasion. Again though, because its only fair if Im clear, he wasnt on his mains and I was on mine, brand new as she was. I cant contest him on his mains. I do win though, and from what experience I have vs Discord players and such, I can usually win fairly handily vs *most* ultra silver and lower players.. I dont say that bragging because its not, Im shit and I play weird, so a lot of my wins are shock value, BUT, if I was too special needs to manage a DP, or in Karins case a damn QC motion, I wouldnt be taking games off anyone, ever. If I couldnt time somewthing as basic as landing and hitting jab, I wouldnt be taking games off anyone.. If I couldnt HOLD BACK, I wouldnt be taking games off anyone.

And so on.

To those that have played me, think back, how many times have you all landed a hit and not seen a Counter Hit when one absolutely should have? I'll bet if you think back, its pretty often. I play a couple guys from Discord that have flat out said 'wtf were you doing, I was landing shit on your wakeup that should have been a CH, do you just stand up and not block or something?"

Also, just to add, I am on a pretty solid connection. 375 mb/s Down. 25 mb/s Up. Private wired directly in. No one else on my connection but me when I play and my computer is well maintained with no bullshit spyware horsecrap running in the BG.
Honestly it seems to me that either your connection for some reason is behaving like mine should be and its not registering your basic commands. Back to block and not blocking? Read crossups and blocking correctly yet still getting opened? Either way more native lag on your part or you need to check your controller bro, might be a small yet importajt issue with the directional pad.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
It's been 6f since the S2 patch. This patch just removed the hard chop tick grab which was a glitch.
Ah. Shoryuken had an article they posted that said otherwise, but I just went back to link you (not saying you were wrong, but just so you saw where I got the info) and it's been changed.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Ah. Shoryuken had an article they posted that said otherwise, but I just went back to link you (not saying you were wrong, but just so you saw where I got the info) and it's been changed.
I've seen videos that claimed the 5f to 6f command grab nerf was designed to allow for the hard chop tick grab, but that's stupidly inaccurate. It was a glitch that somehow surfaced after the S2 patch. You were never meant to do that on block. The 5f to 6f power bomb nerf was meant to limit his oki after the knee smash, imo.

EntropicByDesign

I've seen videos that claimed the 5f to 6f command grab nerf was designed to allow for the hard chop tick grab, but that's stupidly inaccurate. It was a glitch that somehow surfaced after the S2 patch. You were never meant to do that on block. The 5f to 6f power bomb nerf was meant to limit his oki after the knee smash, imo.
Gotcha.

I just bought For Honor.

EntropicByDesign

Thank you. I know I'm not crazy. Obviously it's not doing it to everyone or this would be a more widespread complaint, but there is something causing inputs to disappear.. If I had the same issues in other games then fine, I'll point the finger at myself - I don't have any illusions as to my own abilities - but when this issue just isn't showing up elsewhere, I start thinking it's not entirely me.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I can't easily set shortcuts for L+H so the EX versions of medium specials are hard to activate. SFV officially sucks. When's Tekken 7.

EDIT: I actually do hate everything about the input system in SFV.

Has anyone seen the preliminary groups for the eleague SF5 invitational?
If not you can see here:
https://twitter.com/EL/status/837346851389079552/photo/1
There is no way these groups were drawn randomly.
  1. All the Euro guys in one pool
  2. Punk vs Smug
  3. Daigo vs Justin Wong, Gamerbee and Alex Valle
  4. Justin Wong vs Snake Eyez
  5. KBrad vs Wolfkrone
  6. Knuckledu vs Xiao Hai
Wait how does this eleague work? I saw it's going to be broadcasted on tbs channel Friday's? How long is this tourney?

Wait, I am confused. Please explain more.
Well kbrad vs jwong would have a story. Daigo vs xiaohai would have a story. Du vs kbrad would have a story. Smug vs jwong would be a thing. Punk vs Wong would be a thing. Even the eu guys being vs Americans would be a thing. Especially problem vs du. You could randomize that group in pools 10 times and get a few interesting storylines every single time. Just works that way in invitationals.

Edit: it's phenom not problem. My b.

Well kbrad vs jwong would have a story. Daigo vs xiaohai would have a story. Du vs kbrad would have a story. Smug vs jwong would be a thing. Punk vs Wong would be a thing. Even the eu guys being vs Americans would be a thing. Especially problem vs du. You could randomize that group in pools 10 times and get a few interesting storylines every single time. Just works that way in invitationals.

Edit: it's phenom not problem. My b.
For some reason Im getting the alerts fifty years later (exaggeration I know)
The main thing I was looking at was the EU guys all in the same group but looking at it more it may be another thing.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The invitational has some questionable invites. What has Valle or Snake Eyez done in tournament to deserve to be there? Gootecks? I guess they bring personality?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
you know the thing about guile vs other toptiers is at least some bum can't activate vtrigger and end the round in the next 10 seconds lul

and I'm not downplaying Guiles vtrigger I wouldn't mind if it's reverted back to 3 bars. I wouldn't mind if they just made him season 1 Guile again. just nerf the garbage in this game and give the lowtier character babies some cool buffs

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

Sigh. Ima look for some Karin games here in a few. I should play Kolin just to like, justify my purchase, I doesnt know. Im so bad at not playing games.

Sidenote: For Honor is pretty awesome, but I dont have the mental energy to dig in to a brand new game tonight.

The invitational has some questionable invites. What has Valle or Snake Eyez done in tournament to deserve to be there? Gootecks? I guess they bring personality?
Could add a few to that list. Dunno why they didn't invite any of the Korean heavy hitters(aside from infil). Would've liked to see xyzzy/verloren

Last edited: