What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Is the balance patch coming this month?
Anybody have any info
I cant find the damn link, but I read its due in March and it was taken, if I remember right, directly from a Capcom employee, but fuck if I know if that means anything in the end.

Games anyone? I have 45m before work and havent found a single game today. I wanna demo Cammy =[

EntropicByDesign

Heading to work early. Bored. Gonna be on later tonight when I get some things done at work. Dunno how the connection is but we'll see

EntropicByDesign

Heading to work early. Bored. Gonna be on later tonight when I get some things done at work. Dunno how the connection is but we'll see

EntropicByDesign

I think I gotta retire my kolin boys. This thread has few enough members as is I can't be making them quit.
:DOGE

Dont sprain your shoulder patting yourself on the back there homie. Its got nothing to do with you, Kolin or even losing and everything to do with V being extremely unfun and a poorly put together. No offense home-dog but I play a few diamond ranked guys from the Karin and Rashid discords and if THEY haven't made me quit, you sure as hell didn't. Not to mention, in the set we just played,. I wasnt TRYING to win, so much as just trying to figure out what/how Cammy works. Hence the full screen dive kicks, repeatedly doing certain moves or normals, etc. Like I said, nothing to do with you or losing and everything to do with V being more misery than fun.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Honestly I'm not sure what's going on with your play, like I said my internet is shit, I play connected to wifi not lan cable and can pretty much win or lose mostly because of my rewards or my mistakes. Like to me I know what I did wrong, not like I didn't guess an overhead so I got launched into a 40+ combo just to wakeup to another launcher. Maybe since I really suck I don't even factor in the lag or something. Maybe I don't understand this game enough that's why I believe everything I just wrote. But yea I can assure you, I'm a low level player, very low, maybe that's why I think this way.
Oh, you play on Wifi? And you say lag doesn't affect you?

Dont sprain your shoulder patting yourself on the back there homie. Its got nothing to do with you, Kolin or even losing and everything to do with V being extremely unfun and a poorly put together. No offense home-dog but I play a few diamond ranked guys from the Karin and Rashid discords and if THEY haven't made me quit, you sure as hell didn't. Not to mention, in the set we just played,. I wasnt TRYING to win, so much as just trying to figure out what/how Cammy works. Hence the full screen dive kicks, repeatedly doing certain moves or normals, etc. Like I said, nothing to do with you or losing and everything to do with V being more misery than fun.
I mean I was just messing around but yeah. Take it serious I guess.

EntropicByDesign

Honestly I'm not sure what's going on with your play, like I said my internet is shit, I play connected to wifi not lan cable and can pretty much win or lose mostly because of my rewards or my mistakes. Like to me I know what I did wrong, not like I didn't guess an overhead so I got launched into a 40+ combo just to wakeup to another launcher. Maybe since I really suck I don't even factor in the lag or something. Maybe I don't understand this game enough that's why I believe everything I just wrote. But yea I can assure you, I'm a low level player, very low, maybe that's why I think this way.
That;s my issue, I know when I do something wrong and get blown up for it and thats fine, its when I read, or react, and still lose out on the situation that I start to get EXTREMELY pissed. When I watch a cross-under happening and easily and calmly change my block direction before Ive even landed, and then STILL get hit.. Or when I see a jump in that's not even a crossup and JUST BLOCK and somehow still get hit, or when I win an A2A and on landing go for like a JAB and get thrown, or get opened up by a CH MP or someshit and on and on. I can watch my play and easily see 'Ok, so I did this and he did this and this is why I got blown up' but when I watch a replay and say 'ok, so I jumped and he jab AA'd and dashed under, which as soon as I saw the jab I suspected he'd do anyway, so I blocked, but for some reason I still got opened up..'.. What is the take-away there? What do I learn from that? Or, say, Im under pressure and, lets use Gief as an example here, I'm in the corner eating plus frames and he pushes himself back on block enough that I have a few frames of breathing room and I read that he's going to headbutt to catch and stop my escape attempt, so I fire off an ex dp to catch him, and get myself the fuck out of there.. only I dont DP. I just get headbutted in the face. What do I learn from that? Maybe i fucked up the inputs? Sure, that's possible, it happens, but this situation repeats itself over and over, countless times, vs countless characters and countless players.. This DOESNT happen to me, outside very rare occasions (I do drop inputs) in other games.. So what do I learn?

And ultimately, I step back and ask myself why am I still trying to play when I dont enjoy it. Even when I win, I dont enjoy myself that often and I do win. Ive taken sets from players here and Ive pushed Rushdown (not on his mains, but I was on my newborn Karin, so the time per character was probably at least functionally close) to the last round, hell the LAST HIT, on more than one occasion. Again though, because its only fair if Im clear, he wasnt on his mains and I was on mine, brand new as she was. I cant contest him on his mains. I do win though, and from what experience I have vs Discord players and such, I can usually win fairly handily vs *most* ultra silver and lower players.. I dont say that bragging because its not, Im shit and I play weird, so a lot of my wins are shock value, BUT, if I was too special needs to manage a DP, or in Karins case a damn QC motion, I wouldnt be taking games off anyone, ever. If I couldnt time somewthing as basic as landing and hitting jab, I wouldnt be taking games off anyone.. If I couldnt HOLD BACK, I wouldnt be taking games off anyone.

And so on.

To those that have played me, think back, how many times have you all landed a hit and not seen a Counter Hit when one absolutely should have? I'll bet if you think back, its pretty often. I play a couple guys from Discord that have flat out said 'wtf were you doing, I was landing shit on your wakeup that should have been a CH, do you just stand up and not block or something?"

Also, just to add, I am on a pretty solid connection. 375 mb/s Down. 25 mb/s Up. Private wired directly in. No one else on my connection but me when I play and my computer is well maintained with no bullshit spyware horsecrap running in the BG.