What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The main points are:
Pre: Goutetsu trains Gouken and Akuma in Satsui No Hado. Gouken teaches watered down version to Ken and Ryu, then gets murdered by Akuma.
SF1: Ryu upsets Sagat and wins tourney by using Satsui no Hado.
SFZ 1-3: Bison learn about Ryu's Satsui No Hado, Bison tries to capture Ryu, gets killed by Charlie and Chun Li. Akuma returns, nothing happens.
SF2: Bison returns, gets beat my Guile or Chun Li. Never fully established.
SF4: Nothing has happened to anyone else since SF1. Akuma makes a play for Ryu, but Gouken returns and turns off his Satsui No Hado for good. Someone kills Bison, again.
SF5: I dunno, that story mode is a mess. Charlie is back. Bison is back. Everyone is after Ryu, again. Something happens to Necalli.
SF3 1-3: In the absense of Shadaloo, Gill runs a tourney looking for strong people to join the Illuminati. Nothing happens. He is probably murdered by Urien.

There are of course sub plots, but SF has so many retcons and loose ends, its almost not worth following. Nothing ever actually happens because Capcom insists on putting every character in every game.
bison doesnt die in 4, gill never died by urien

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi
I'm so trash in this game lol there so many small things to know and every character changes during v trigger its fucking insane that yall can play multiple characters and mop hats off to yall especially the homie rushdown!

GGs. Sorry I didn't see this during the set but next time we play we can talk on discord if you'd like. One thing I notice about most NRS players when they come over they usually stand block a lot. In this game most of the damage you're going to take is going to start off a low, very few characters have overheads that they can combo off of(obvious exception being jump ins) and they're usually reactable AND punishable. There are exceptions to the rule, but generally if I'm pressuring you you wanna block low and try to react to the overheads or the gaps into throws.

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi
GGs. Sorry I didn't see this during the set but next time we play we can talk on discord if you'd like. One thing I notice about most NRS players when they come over they usually stand block a lot. In this game most of the damage you're going to take is going to start off a low, very few characters have overheads that they can combo off of(obvious exception being jump ins) and they're usually reactable AND punishable. There are exceptions to the rule, but generally if I'm pressuring you you wanna block low and try to react to the overheads or the gaps into throws.
yea bro its my first SF game I'm trying to play seriously and its such a change meta wise speed and just fucking tech wise. The fact i cant even look at frame data in practice is fucking wack but you i appreciate your patience with dealing with my scrub ass id love to play consistency especially while you coach me through certain shit! you the man and respect that you play all these characters at a gold level! lets play tomorrow if you're free while we talk it out!

yea bro its my first SF game I'm trying to play seriously and its such a change meta wise speed and just fucking tech wise. The fact i cant even look at frame data in practice is fucking wack but you i appreciate your patience with dealing with my scrub ass id love to play consistency especially while you coach me through certain shit! you the man and respect that you play all these characters at a gold level! lets play tomorrow if you're free while we talk it out!
Here's an online version of the FAT app you see everyone talking about if you need a source for frame data. Everything you need is right here.

https://fullmeter.com/fatonline/#/home

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi
Here's an online version of the FAT app you see everyone talking about if you need a source for frame data. Everything you need is right here.

https://fullmeter.com/fatonline/#/home
see i have it but when you're playing and get hit by a set up and wanna see if its a frame trap or just wanna practice against different moves having to go on your comp at least for me is a pain in the ass.... plus everything is fucking in lk mp ect i know it by animation npt by fucking notation...now i have to go and try every fucking special for 3 diff buttons idk man i fell like capcom can be more efficient with shit its fuckinng 2017 y i need to go to a 3rd party app to look at frame data
see i have it but when you're playing and get hit by a set up and wanna see if its a frame trap or just wanna practice against different moves having to go on your comp at least for me is a pain in the ass.... plus everything is fucking in lk mp ect i know it by animation npt by fucking notation...now i have to go and try every fucking special for 3 diff buttons idk man i fell like capcom can be more efficient with shit its fuckinng 2017 y i need to go to a 3rd party app to look at frame data

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Honestly the second hp doesn't add much dmg to his combos. Midscreen it adds like 10 dmg and corner if you don't spend meter it adds like 30. More about the setups and corner carry than anything. So I take it back.
I was joking cause that's usually at the end of his combos.

He's in a Cammy situation where his good thing isn't just crazy it's everything together. I like the side switching resets. I don't like the package they come in. I really hope he doesn't go through season 2 with all that shit. Great normals, anti air, versatile trigger, at least decent projectile game, reversal is good, great damage, mixups, frame traps, and he can pull off a cloth thong. Is there an area he's lacking in? I know he doesn't have a command grab.