What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
500+ damage Balrog combos are not very hard. I still have a ways to go before I'm whipping them out mid match, but 10m practice and 3/10 ain't bad.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
do whatever the fuck you want. but let me be able to do shit like this still.

I'm aware its 4 bars but the ex tackle at the end can be a hk tackle and connect. if I ever kill someone with this in a match I'm retiring.

Aka iron man skin blah blah vol. 2.
I agree he should keep the swag. Capcom should just focus on making it less effective. But take out double cr.HP. Why should he get double launching combos in SFV? That's too much sauce in SFV.

Does Street Fighter have a diverse lore/backstory with all its characters? Or is it literally just Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li vs. M. Bison every game?
There's a lore but it's kind of all over the place and the story isn't really cohesive. But you can piece together what everyone did after each game. I think alpha 3 story endings are actually a sequel to alpha 2 endings. And I don't remember if 3rd strike did the same thing with 2nd impact.

I agree he should keep the swag. Capcom should just focus on making it less effective. But take out double cr.HP. Why should he get double launching combos in SFV? That's too much sauce in SFV.

There's a lore but it's kind of all over the place and the story isn't really cohesive. But you can piece together what everyone did after each game. I think alpha 3 story endings are actually a sequel to alpha 2 endings. And I don't remember if 3rd strike did the same thing with 2nd impact.
I'd rather they just increase the scaling on combos after the second cr hp.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11

Is M. Bison always the main baddie?

trufenix

bye felicia
Does Street Fighter have a diverse lore/backstory with all its characters? Or is it literally just Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li vs. M. Bison every game?
The main points are:
Pre: Goutetsu trains Gouken and Akuma in Satsui No Hado. Gouken teaches watered down version to Ken and Ryu, then gets murdered by Akuma.
SF1: Ryu upsets Sagat and wins tourney by using Satsui no Hado.
SFZ 1-3: Bison learn about Ryu's Satsui No Hado, Bison tries to capture Ryu, gets killed by Charlie and Chun Li. Akuma returns, nothing happens.
SF2: Bison returns, gets beat my Guile or Chun Li. Never fully established.
SF4: Nothing has happened to anyone else since SF1. Akuma makes a play for Ryu, but Gouken returns and turns off his Satsui No Hado for good. Someone kills Bison, again.
SF5: I dunno, that story mode is a mess. Charlie is back. Bison is back. Everyone is after Ryu, again. Something happens to Necalli.
SF3 1-3: In the absense of Shadaloo, Gill runs a tourney looking for strong people to join the Illuminati. Nothing happens. He is probably murdered by Urien.

There are of course sub plots, but SF has so many retcons and loose ends, its almost not worth following. Nothing ever actually happens because Capcom insists on putting every character in every game.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'd rather they just increase the scaling on combos after the second cr hp.
Yeah. Hit him right where most of the damage is. . .

Is M. Bison always the main baddie?
SF2, SFA/Z, SF4, SF5 (I think chronologically it's: SFA/Z - SF2 - SF4 - SF5): Bison is the Saturday morning villain hosting tournaments doing evil shit. Some characters are part of his clique. Akuma running around trying to be all powerful and evil while also goading ryu trying to get him to succumb to the dark si- I mean satsui no hadou. Everyone else got their own shit but that's the major plotlines.

SF3: Gill replaces Bison as evil tourney host. Leader of the illuminati. Akuma still being Akuma. Same rule applies to everyone.

Don't worry too much about the lore. It isn't even barely good and I doubt capcom has a real plan for it.

Yeah. Hit him right where most of the damage is. . .

SF2, SFA/Z, SF4, SF5 (I think chronologically it's: SFA/Z - SF2 - SF4 - SF5): Bison is the Saturday morning villain hosting tournaments doing evil shit. Some characters are part of his clique. Akuma running around trying to be all powerful and evil while also goading ryu trying to get him to succumb to the dark si- I mean satsui no hadou. Everyone else got their own shit but that's the major plotlines.

SF3: Gill replaces Bison as evil tourney host. Leader of the illuminati. Akuma still being Akuma. Same rule applies to everyone.

Don't worry too much about the lore. It isn't even barely good and I doubt capcom has a real plan for it.
Honestly the second hp doesn't add much dmg to his combos. Midscreen it adds like 10 dmg and corner if you don't spend meter it adds like 30. More about the setups and corner carry than anything. So I take it back. It even costs you dmg if you're gonna ca.

Last edited:

NHDR

Noob
I don't think Nash is "bad" per se. He's obviously not great but I think he's playable. I'd say the same about Ryu. Granted, both characters are objectively worse than they previously were.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Is Nash really that bad in s2?
Meh.. Yes and No. No one is 'that bad' in S2. Any character can win, but some characters do you favors and some dont. Nash doesnt any more. He can still win, he just doesnt do anything particularly well any more. The plain fact is he lost safety, damage and mobility, which were the three things that made him Nash. He cant do anything like the space control and mid-range zoning game he used to do.

So he isnt bad at all, and a skilled player will still mop you. Nash still has some cool shit - but in the grand scheme of things he's mediocre in a game with a lot of characters that really aren't mediocre anymore.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
My main gripe is that Nash a character with glaring weaknesses but no real dirt. His projectile is still good (even better actually) and he can still play a decent runaway game but it doesnt make up for his lack of defensive options and shitty mobility. Hes not BAD by any means, hes just mediocre in a game where a lot of characters are really dirty

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi
anyone wanna play? I just started playing recently so im not that great but would like to get some experience, get use to the meta ect..... capcom name is Peezyy

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
The main points are:
Pre: Goutetsu trains Gouken and Akuma in Satsui No Hado. Gouken teaches watered down version to Ken and Ryu, then gets murdered by Akuma.
SF1: Ryu upsets Sagat and wins tourney by using Satsui no Hado.
SFZ 1-3: Bison learn about Ryu's Satsui No Hado, Bison tries to capture Ryu, gets killed by Charlie and Chun Li. Akuma returns, nothing happens.
SF2: Bison returns, gets beat my Guile or Chun Li. Never fully established.
SF4: Nothing has happened to anyone else since SF1. Akuma makes a play for Ryu, but Gouken returns and turns off his Satsui No Hado for good. Someone kills Bison, again.
SF5: I dunno, that story mode is a mess. Charlie is back. Bison is back. Everyone is after Ryu, again. Something happens to Necalli.
SF3 1-3: In the absense of Shadaloo, Gill runs a tourney looking for strong people to join the Illuminati. Nothing happens. He is probably murdered by Urien.

There are of course sub plots, but SF has so many retcons and loose ends, its almost not worth following. Nothing ever actually happens because Capcom insists on putting every character in every game.
Thanks heaps for detailed response, appreciate it!
But yeah figured the story/lore went pretty much like that