What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
hauntsxl

Hey guys I know I've been quiet on this end for a while - sorry about that. Was SUPER busy with Capcom Cup last year, took a vacation, now I'm back planning CPT2017 again. Lots going on!

Anyway, on the SFV front most of you probably saw the blog post yesterday. There are going to be a lot of improvements to the game this year starting with CFN. Beyond that, I assure you I've sent the above issues to the dev team many times and you'll see more improvements and cool features/modes as the year goes on I just dont have any exact timelines to share atm.

Trust me, I'm with you guys. I play the game a lot (I reached Super Platinum in December!) so I understand where your frustration comes from because I experience it as well but I also try to keep in mind how far the game has come since launch (remember when there was no rematch option? yeesh..) and that it will just keep getting better! I'm just as vocal about a lot of this stuff in the office but I've just learned that development takes time and you gotta be patient. We'll get there! The rest of the team cares tremendously about the game and we'll have more updates fairly soon.

In terms of communication, I know it seems like an eternity for updates but keep in mind Akuma just dropped a little over a month ago along with 92 pages of balance changes. To set expectations, expect info drops from us roughly every other month. It's tough to get out any meaningful news every single month so just keep that in mind.

I think thats it for now. Again, we'll have more news on the S2 characters, CFN/server improvements and more in the near future so stay tuned and thanks for the continued support!

-source

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/5q6xpx/comprehensive_list_of_issues_by_priority_round_2/dcza3qy/

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I had a big ass post typed up but its not worth the arguments that will follow.

S2 is in a good spot. There are probably 2-3 characters that could use some adjusting down and 3 or so that could use some adjusting up, but even still, the tiers are very compressed and the gap between the first and last is reasonably tight, and the gap between the middle and the top is VERY small.

I want Haggar to have a throw where he just grabs them and beats the shit out of them with a pipe. Just a brutal, MKX style beating.

Same.

Am I confused on this or.. I thought previously Ryu's low forward x fireball didnt combo unless you were a step or so inside low forward's range? It seems like it connects from any range now?

Giving real thought to just playing ryu and pretending Im brand new. Just start over from scratch. do9h54azdsfkjb2875gt 0v8wf08d7asghf 08szd7gf 087gb2408wbfSxiojkhdc

BAH,
Did they make it a true block string now?

I had a big ass post typed up but its not worth the arguments that will follow.

S2 is in a good spot. There are probably 2-3 characters that could use some adjusting down and 3 or so that could use some adjusting up, but even still, the tiers are very compressed and the gap between the first and last is reasonably tight, and the gap between the middle and the top is VERY small.

I want Haggar to have a throw where he just grabs them and beats the shit out of them with a pipe. Just a brutal, MKX style beating.
Post it.

EntropicByDesign

Here come the arguments that go no where..

The gist of it is Urien is probably too good and Laura seems.. Let's just go with 'gud' and keep the shit storm at bay. Laura is gud. Disclaimer: before my give-a-shit petered out I was learning Laura and planning to possibly main her. I still plan to if can make myself care. (At some point, I might spend a couple weeks as Ryu and just start over)

Fang and Alex need Jesus. Nash could use a hug.

All said and done though the difference in last and first on the roster is pretty tight and the distance between the middle and the top is very very close. SFV is super balanced as a whole but it does have outlying issues that could be addressed to really pull the entire roster into blanket viability.

Now, in terms of changes to the client and all that, that is another post entirely.. but seriously, why the fuck, among 30 other things, is there no online training mode?

NHDR

Noob
Would it be too much to give Akuma's ground LP fireball full range, along with giving him a shitty backwards air fireball all the time? I can't even zone Zangief!!!

EDIT: Also, buff Alex and Ryu. Alex especially, he's so much fun to watch and play. And Ryu is so straightforward that he can become absolutely dry if too weak.

EntropicByDesign

In about 20m I'll be on if anyone wants to get a piece of this fireball game less Ryu. Though I might character hop quite a bit. Maybe.

In about 20m I'll be on if anyone wants to get a piece of this fireball game less Ryu. Though I might character hop quite a bit. Maybe.
Come to me. My poor poor shoto. I'll teach you the ways of the fist. Seriously though ryu is still "ok" he just doesn't do as much as the other ones so I'd only pick him specifically to use his fireball game. If you have any intention of "going in" akuma and Ken are just better.

Honestly sit in training mode and let me know how discouraging it is to play as ryu and get 0 extra dmg off of ch cr mp(you can technically confirm to ca but fuck that) and ch st mp. Then play akuma and get 350 dmg off them.

EntropicByDesign

yeah Im a little pissed right now about that. They have been down for a while too I think. God dammit. Work in 2 and a half hours. Fucking asshats.

The only reason I was looking at Ryu in this case is someone simple and basic, kinda forces me to just play a neutral, fundamental game. Super straight forward combos, etc etc. But fuck if I know. I can get something similar from karin, with way less wiggle room to make mistakes, but meh.

Reactions: GAV

EntropicByDesign

Well, they said they are watching character performance, etc etc and you'd THINK they couldnt possibly miss that Alex is played by no one and good reason.. but then he was barely played in s1 and they still shit on him in 2, so who knows.

Im pretty sure if we get a second round of adjustments Urien is gonna get more health, a dive kick and a command grab.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
So, when is everyone going to admit that SFV is a bill? The levels on which this game disappoints are staggering.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Well, they said they are watching character performance, etc etc and you'd THINK they couldnt possibly miss that Alex is played by no one and good reason.. but then he was barely played in s1 and they still shit on him in 2, so who knows.

Im pretty sure if we get a second round of adjustments Urien is gonna get more health, a dive kick and a command grab.
Alex has two of those things and is still trash lmao

EntropicByDesign

I might type something up about this later, but dont have the patience right now.

Short version: The gameplay is really good and its a good game from a systems standpoint. Id like to see more variety in applied playstyles, but that will come with time *hopefully*

What is a bill though is the online, the game client/program itself and some of the balance changes. I did NOT like s1 balance. At all. I dont think it was unbalanced exactly, I think it was unfinished - but it is what it is. I think s1 was a gameplay representation of the client.. there was a framework in place that was not filled out.. but meh.

That said, I am happy I have the game and even knowing what I know now, Id still buy it.