What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

demon and fireballs both hit frame 1. can also whiff hp fireballs if they block for a more gimmicky demon. fireballs will still hit on backroll but the demon will be out of range unless theyre in/close to the corner at the start of the combo.
Wth was that? Lol damn dude I need to practice that vskill~tatsu~DP setup.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

demon and fireballs both hit frame 1. can also whiff hp fireballs if they block for a more gimmicky demon. fireballs will still hit on backroll but the demon will be out of range unless theyre in/close to the corner at the start of the combo.
man loving the akuma tech. Im gonna have to give him a good go.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
The cross under DP combo is so swaggy I do it midscreen even when I don't need to side switch. It's max meterless off the parry bnb too I *think*.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem

nice safejump setup! I always save the v trigger to do the alioune setup. EX dp > v trigger > air fireball > tatsu crossover or not. very inconsistent with getting the right height in doing the air fireball though that causes intentional tatsu crossover to not cross over.

nice safejump setup! I always save the v trigger to do the alioune setup. EX dp > v trigger > air fireball > tatsu crossover or not. very inconsistent with getting the right height in doing the air fireball though that causes intentional tatsu crossover to not cross over.
Yeah alioune senpai has some good stuff. I just prefer this if I've got full bar so I can keep the threat of demon. If that one is inconsistent for you you can do ex dp xx trigger hk flip into lp fireballs and hold up forward. The fireballs will cross up.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Yeah alioune senpai has some good stuff. I just prefer this if I've got full bar so I can keep the threat of demon. If that one is inconsistent for you you can do ex dp xx trigger hk flip into lp fireballs and hold up forward. The fireballs will cross up.
I remember seeing this one. Can't you do a demon flip into divekick to not cross up as well?

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Sounds easier. I'll try that :) Thanks!

EntropicByDesign

Interesting.

I hope one of the DLC characters is a pure grappler, Gief-type grappler. I want a Hugo-alike.

Maybe Ill just force myself to start over in V. Just ground-up the game. Maybe that will make me care. Probably just go with Ryu.

EntropicByDesign

Same.

Am I confused on this or.. I thought previously Ryu's low forward x fireball didnt combo unless you were a step or so inside low forward's range? It seems like it connects from any range now?

Giving real thought to just playing ryu and pretending Im brand new. Just start over from scratch. do9h54azdsfkjb2875gt 0v8wf08d7asghf 08szd7gf 087gb2408wbfSxiojkhdc

BAH,

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Interesting.

I hope one of the DLC characters is a pure grappler, Gief-type grappler. I want a Hugo-alike.
It's almost guaranteed. Every character in the game is some form of vortex/setplay character and if they aren't it's because they have range and are poking you to death at negative frames because you can't reach them

If the character doesn't fall into either of those categories it's Juri whose an outlier to the game mechanics in general

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
It's almost guaranteed. Every character in the game is some form of vortex/setplay character and if they aren't it's because they have range and are poking you to death at negative frames because you can't reach them

If the character doesn't fall into either of those categories it's Juri whose an outlier to the game mechanics in general
Ah Myles complaining. I kind of missed this.