What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
So SFV is currently on sale on PSN at the moment, I'm gonna get it, but was just curious about something. I've always been interested in learning R. Mika, however I see everywhere that she's now "low-tier" and "nerfed to shit", does this mean I shouldn't bother picking her up? If she's real bad now it's a shame cause I've always wanted SFV and wanted to main her

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
So SFV is currently on sale on PSN at the moment, I'm gonna get it, but was just curious about something. I've always been interested in learning R. Mika, however I see everywhere that she's now "low-tier" and "nerfed to shit", does this mean I shouldn't bother picking her up? If she's real bad now it's a shame cause I've always wanted SFV and wanted to main her

If you want to main her then main her, tiers should not dictate your opinion of who to use.

She's still usable.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Is Rashids Whirlwind kick advantage on block? Though that shit was minus af but whenever I watch a competitive Rashid he uses it during pressure

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Is Rashids Whirlwind kick advantage on block? Though that shit was minus af but whenever I watch a competitive Rashid he uses it during pressure
lk = -5
mk = -2
hk = +1
ex = +6

You must respect the ex whirlwind shot in the corner even with roll. Midscreen ex whirlwind~roll is 0 on block or - depending on how many of the tornadoes hit. HK whirlwind shot always has a huge gap when cancelled into that every character can jump out or press a button. You only really need to react to HK whirlwind shots and respect ex wws in the corner. Everything else is fake.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Someone help me give a shit about this game please.

Im serious. Im not bitching about some aspect of the game that chased me away, or complaining about the game in general.. Just my motivation has utterly disappeared. I haven't done anything but log in to training mode for 5min at a time and stare at the screen then close the game. I haven't played a game in two weeks or more I don't think. Dunno who I want to play.. Just drifting.

Sounds dumb, but I dislike not having a game to concentrate on and nothing else is grabbing my attention. I dont know how to explain it any better than 'I want to want to git gud' vs a slow slide that has me worse now than I was probably two months ago.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs

Im serious. Im not bitching about some aspect of the game that chased me away, or complaining about the game in general.. Just my motivation has utterly disappeared. I haven't done anything but log in to training mode for 5min at a time and stare at the screen then close the game. I haven't played a game in two weeks or more I don't think. Dunno who I want to play.. Just drifting.

Sounds dumb, but I dislike not having a game to concentrate on and nothing else is grabbing my attention. I dont know how to explain it any better than 'I want to want to git gud' vs a slow slide that has me worse now than I was probably two months ago.

Honestly if you're not feeling it I say just wait for the new characters to hopefully breathe some life back into the game for you.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You

We could have Vega mirrors and go nuts :p

Well if you want to get good then you'll definetely need more than just training mode. Training mode helps with execution etc. but playing people who body you will eventually help you get to where you want to be. The way I see it is if you don't get bodied you don't get good, simple as that. Oh and EVERYONE gets bodied, even the best players got bodied before, sometimes even now.

EntropicByDesign

Well if you want to get good then you'll definetely need more than just training mode. Training mode helps with execution etc. but playing people who body you will eventually help you get to where you want to be. The way I see it is if you don't get bodied you don't get good, simple as that. Oh and EVERYONE gets bodied, even the best players got bodied before, sometimes even now.

I know.. Im simply saying that my motivation is so weak right now I cant even build up enough give-a-shit to even use training mode, let alone actually go fight people.

I know.. Im simply saying that my motivation is so weak right now I cant even build up enough give-a-shit to even use training mode, let alone actually go fight people.
But why aren't you motivated? If it's because you're seeing no results then that's normal, it can be weeks before seeing anything change but like the thousands and thousands who were at the same spot you're in now you'll eventually get better and most likely find the game funner, that is if you want to challenge yourself against better and better people.

I see a lot of people either not enjoying this game or having character doubts.

Pick akuma. That is all.

This message paid for by the tym council of Akumas. Aka me. I'm so lonely. So very very lonely........

EntropicByDesign

I main Akuma lol. Or as close to a main as I have ATM.

@ILuvFightGames it's not a lack of progress at all, I was chugging along, steadily improving along my own lines.. I don't know is what it is. It's a lack of focus possibly, I don't have like a daily training partner to focus on beating and playing every day possibly, I don't know.

@CrazyFingers who is your low tier hero?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I main Akuma lol. Or as close to a main as I have ATM.

@ILuvFightGames it's not a lack of progress at all, I was chugging along, steadily improving along my own lines.. I don't know is what it is. It's a lack of focus possibly, I don't have like a daily training partner to focus on beating and playing every day possibly, I don't know.

@CrazyFingers who is your low tier hero?
The sadness that is Alex.

EntropicByDesign

Yeah, and I might be wrong here, but I'm inclined to think Alex gets more off a CC than just about anyone else.

I know at least from playing against him that when I see the flash it feels like that's the damn round.