What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Gief Stuff
Im still not liking the white life stuff relating to VSkill, at least when you absorbed something like Mika Dropkick you built at least half damage back from just the SPD animation but now unless you are getting H or Ex SPD after the absorb, its not going to be worth doing VSkill unless you are closing the round.
That is providing there is no changes to his VSkill.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Im still not liking the white life stuff relating to VSkill, at least when you absorbed something like Mika Dropkick you built at least half damage back from just the SPD animation but now unless you are getting H or Ex SPD after the absorb, its not going to be worth doing VSkill unless you are closing the round.
I don't even want to think of how the Dhalsim matchup is for Gief in Season 2...fucking die if you V-Skill against Dhalsim I'd think. Especially if he V-Triggers as well.

Let it go, Gief for some reason never gets what he needs. You have to be the greatest Gief player to get #45 at any event and work 10x harder than everyone else.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Is Urien getting all those buffs because he's low-mid too lul that's not how this works

Rashid is decidedly upper mid currently
No, he's decidedly mid to lower mid.

Urien was buffed this hard because when they made these decisions, everybody was saying he was bad and nobody had done anything with him yet.

where do you see Tokido and daigo mentioned show the class pls bumdown.

you read like you play sfv.

there's nothing inherently hard about playing ryu. there's nothing inherently hard about playing Zangief. The difference between those two characters is how hard it is to play and win and yes one characters effort ratio is definitely not like the other in the this game. I thought I already explained to you the concept of relativity. Idc how bad you are at the game it's just how it is and why Capcom is nerfing literally everything about this character and "gdlk ground game" mika
You seem to be laboring under the assumption, or possibly delusion that I think I'm a great, or even good player. I don't. If I did I wouldn't actively try to improve as much as I do. That being said I've explained to you numerous times that how difficult a character is to play has no bearing on the characters balance. Evil ryu is slightly better than everyone else in 4 and he's 10x harder to use but he's still top tier.

That being said, I also don't think that YOU are that good of a player shazz. I've played you and I've seen you rely on the same "scrubby" crutches 99% of the community does. I've seen your full screen rassenhas for no reason and your ex moonsaults from full screen, hell I've even punished some of them. I've seen you panick and wake up ex flash kick and die for it. I've seen you drop your loops and fuck up your meaties. Your videos only ever show you winning but I've seen you lose, so please stop with the "I'm so gdlk and every ultra gold scrub sucks" persona and just try to improve yourself, and if you ever grow up try and help others improve.​

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
No, he's decidedly mid to lower mid.

Urien was buffed this hard because when they made these decisions, everybody was saying he was bad and nobody had done anything with him yet.
show me anyone saying Urien or Rashid are bad characters that aren't randoms in twitch chats or r/sf. If Urien was "bad" when they made the changes now that's he's "good" they can just undo them. You know the same way everyone thought Rashid was "bad" until he won majors lul gimme a break

idk if you're on twitter much or interact with some of better players in their streams, but nobody worth their salt has said Rashid is a low-mid character. He hovers around top ten in this game easily and if that's what you mean by low-mid I agree lul

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
The best American player admits his character is mid tier but wins tournaments cherry picking Guile matchups and you're all but saying Guile is the best character in the game suddenly but when rashid has single handedly won a couple of cpt events with the evo champion comaining him it's a "decidedly low mid tier character" because.... and that's it case closed

sounds reasonable to me lul

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
show me anyone saying Urien or Rashid are bad characters that aren't randoms in twitch chats or r/sf. If Urien was "bad" when they made the changes now that's he's "good" they can just undo them. You know the same way everyone thought Rashid was "bad" until he won majors lul gimme a break

idk if you're on twitter much or interact with some of better players in their streams, but nobody worth their salt has said Rashid is a low-mid character. He hovers around top ten in this game easily and if that's what you mean by low-mid I agree lul
If you want to put him in mid-tier, fine. There are 22 characters in the game so if he hovers around 10-15, that's mid to lower-mid. If you think he is inside the top 10, you're crazy.

He only won majors when people didn't know the matchup. After that month or so when Takeuchi was winning with him, he disappeared out of top 8's.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The best American player admits his character is mid tier but wins tournaments cherry picking Guile matchups and you're all but saying Guile is the best character in the game suddenly but when rashid has single handedly won a couple of cpt events with the evo champion comaining him it's a "decidedly low mid tier character" because.... and that's it case closed

sounds reasonable to me lul
I said Guile was the best in the game? When was that? He is a good character. Better than Rashid. He can zone or go in at will. Rashid can't do either of those things.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
If you want to put him in mid-tier, fine. There are 22 characters in the game so if he hovers around 10-15, that's mid to lower-mid. If you think he is inside the top 10, you're crazy.

He only won majors when people didn't know the matchup. After that month or so when Takeuchi was winning with him, he disappeared out of top 8's.
it seems more like characters 1-7 are toptier 8-11 upper mid which Rashid is here, then lower mid, and then rest are bottom 5 -6 low tier

I said Guile was the best in the game? When was that? He is a good character. Better than Rashid. He can zone or go in at will. Rashid can't do either of those things.
I've said it a million times guile doesn't go in, he stays out the oppressive pressure you think he has isn't real the same way rashid's whirlwind kicks don't make him an actual zoner

Btw I asked Chris g and he said Guile does not beat Rashid and that's it's a tricky matchup

Last edited:
Ryu, chun, Karin, Nash, Urien, guile, ken, necalli, cammy, and Mika, are all pretty much inarguably better than rashido. Then there's Alex, Vega, Rog, and birdie that you could pretty easily say are on his level. Saying rashid is mid to low mid tier isn't a stretch. Hell there are mid tier characters in the top 10.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
You know, I'm getting really tired of not reading or hearing about amazing buffs to Laura and Ibuki.
Because Ibuki is Capcoms bastard child apparently and they think Laura is fine based purely on the strength of her tits.

White life change is decent for Ibuki. Throw changes hurt her.
Ex reload.. god. She needs meter for something else now.. meter gain has been nerfed across the board and she was already STARVING for it. Where am I getting this extra meter to make this even a thing?

And they gave her a little extra damage via the st.mk link, which is also now a frame slower. Whoooo. Its nice, dont get me wrong, but its not anything that 'changes' her in any meaningful way. I really wanted to see her Vtrigger become something like Uriens, something that gains value every time she has it.. Unless there are some unknown or unpublished changes she is still going to essentially the same character she has been.

Now, yeah, with the S2 changes in general and upper tier characters getting pulled down (some) it seems like she get better purely by dint of not having gotten worse.. But then you see Guile getting better, Bison getting a ton of new stuff (we dont know where he will be, but he got lots of shit). Gief getting stuff (again, dunno where the dust will settle),, Urien getting way awesome.. SO FAR we havent seen huge changes to Karin and Necalli (that I know of, correct me if Im wrong) and so on and so on.. So, there is some shuffling but the universal S2 changes outside of white life (I feel like she puts hands on opponents a lot and is meant to be busy and button-ey, so Id imagine she would build up white life on a lot of opponents) either dont matter to her, or damage her.

Suuuppeerrrr underwhelmed by this crap. I hope someone proves me wrong, but I see S2 shaping up to be similar to S1 for Ibuki.. A few diehards main her, and occasionally she looks good because people dont know the MU, but she will post zero tournament results and will just be, at her best 'not awful'.

By way of disclaimer: I'm just forecasting. We obviously have no damn idea what S2 will look like once everything hits and the community has time to parse it all, make sense of it and apply it. Based on the evidence we currently have available, the above are my thoughts.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
it seems more like characters 1-7 are toptier 8-11 upper mid which Rashid is here, then lower mid, and then rest are bottom 5 -6 low tier

I've said it a million times guile doesn't go in, he stays out the oppressive pressure you think he has isn't real the same way rashid's whirlwind kicks don't make him an actual zoner

Btw I asked Chris g and he said Guile does not beat Rashid and that's it's a tricky matchup
Rashid is not in that 8-11 range. Guile goes in when he has to. That's what makes him a good character. Best zoning in the game and the ability to use slow booms to go in and create offense.

Guile's pressure isn't super oppressive but it's decent. And he doesn't have to be directly on top of you to pressure. He stays +1 with booms or he just backs off a little and throws booms/v-skill/ex booms. You have to make a read to deal with this. Rashid stays -2 on just about everything or he puts huge gaps that you can just push buttons or jump out of.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Ryu, chun, Karin, Nash, Urien, guile, ken, necalli, cammy, and Mika, are all pretty much inarguably better than rashido. Then there's Alex, Vega, Rog, and birdie that you could pretty easily say are on his level. Saying rashid is mid to low mid tier isn't a stretch. Hell there are mid tier characters in the top 10.
Saying a character is better than another character does not qualify them from being in the same tier. Chun is a better character than Ryu is he he suddenly not a toptier character now? Just because Balrog can do massive damage or Alex has a v- trigger does not put him in the same level as Rashid. One of those characters he beats. Really you guys theory-craft way too much and have zero exp vs even online rashids. It's why these discussions always end up the same way and I have to defer to quotes from top players because it's the only way you try to understand.

You seem to be laboring under the assumption, or possibly delusion that I think I'm a great, or even good player. I don't. If I did I wouldn't actively try to improve as much as I do. That being said I've explained to you numerous times that how difficult a character is to play has no bearing on the characters balance. Evil ryu is slightly better than everyone else in 4 and he's 10x harder to use but he's still top tier.

That being said, I also don't think that YOU are that good of a player shazz. I've played you and I've seen you rely on the same "scrubby" crutches 99% of the community does. I've seen your full screen rassenhas for no reason and your ex moonsaults from full screen, hell I've even punished some of them. I've seen you panick and wake up ex flash kick and die for it. I've seen you drop your loops and fuck up your meaties. Your videos only ever show you winning but I've seen you lose, so please stop with the "I'm so gdlk and every ultra gold scrub sucks" persona and just try to improve yourself, and if you ever grow up try and help others improve.​
Wow you've seen me wake up dp and not guess right? I've dropped meaties in this game's netcode too huh? Truly we are equal players now scrubdown, you, me, hell even daigo too by that logic.

I don't care about what you do in this thread just keep all of that baggage over there. Do you see me talking shit to Cushion after how many months ago? No because you can't help yourself, you have to try to win at least one of these arguments so out of your cupboard you come once again