What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Birdie s2 changes so far

Atrosh - Today at 12:52 PM

-birdie st.hk is atleast +7 on hit now, can do st.hk -> st. mp

-Can juggle with bullhead after cr.hp (even non-ex)

-Birdie st.hp crushcounter rumour was fake, just a regular counterhit

-f+hp crushcounter, they go higher in the air or something, you can just do mp bullhead -> super immediately (in s1 you had to time the mp bullhead properly or super would whiff)(edited)

-His damage output seems mostly untouched

-Nerfed damage a little bit on ex dive, but it's still as fast as before (180 instead of 200)

-St.HK crushcounter launches opponent further back ,BUT it's offset because you can do st.hk -> st.mp now, so no need to dash up cr.mp anymore

-cr.lk nerfed, has 5f startup

-V-reversal greater pushback and less + on hit (launches them further back) - guess this is a nerf and a buff (more corner carry, but 0 oki),

-Seems to be some kind of suction effect, when you cancel st. mp into mp bullhead, he teleports forward a little bit before doing the bullhead. I guess this means you will never get the mp -> whiffed bullhead thing again

-Can raw confirm lp/mp/hp bullhead into super

-BOYZ

-We can raw confirm st.mp into mp bullhead (it's difficult though)

-bad news: st. mk feels slower on startup

-slide (df+hp) is -7 on block now

-hp bullhead still -5, but less pushback I think, almost the same though

-st.mk is definitely either 9 or 10 frames startup (from 8), can no longer do st.lk (ch) -> st.mk

-overhead has slightly less range

Adding a few more findings!

• st.mp is +1 on block (was -1)
  • st.mp xx LK/MK chain now comboes (only ex used to combo)
Wow - I was really confused/annoyed by the nerfs (cr lk, st mk, slide), given that Birdie isn't that great to begin with but that last one makes up for it all.

Birdie lost his old meaty follow ups (CH st lk into st mk after lp headbutt and slide after dolphin dive) but got a *much* better one with lk chain. If he can really combo st mp into lk chain, he just got way better. Might be too good lol. Possible top tier when you combine this with the de-emphasis on knockdown mixups and emphasis on the neutral.

From that he gets shimmy, meaty OH that combos into st lk, command grab, meaty st HK. Wow.

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Ryu was strong, but he was never easy. Tokido and daughter weren't winning because ryu was broken they were winning because they were good.

If you think ryu was #brokentier tell me what characters he beat worse than like a 5.5-4.5.
where do you see Tokido and daigo mentioned show the class pls bumdown.

lul so you're telling me the bumdowns
you read like you play sfv.

there's nothing inherently hard about playing ryu. there's nothing inherently hard about playing Zangief. The difference between those two characters is how hard it is to play and win and yes one characters effort ratio is definitely not like the other in the this game. I thought I already explained to you the concept of relativity. Idc how bad you are at the game it's just how it is and why Capcom is nerfing literally everything about this character and "gdlk ground game" mika

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I care way more about ryu standing light than I j.lk. I'm guessing the empty green boxes are hurtboxes. Yellow empty box is ???. Red filled box is hitbox. Yellow filled box is collision?
I think:
Red = Hitbox
Green-clear = Hurtbox
Yellow region = Proximity Block box
If they're standing and there's a yellow (or I've seen blue in other games) box, then that's probably the range you can get grabbed.

Reactions: GAV

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Wow - I was really confused/annoyed by the nerfs (cr lk, st mk, slide), given that Birdie isn't that great to begin with but that last one makes up for it all.

Birdie lost his old meaty follow ups (CH st lk into st mk after lp headbutt and slide after dolphin dive) but got a *much* better one with lk chain. If he can really combo st mp into lk chain, he just got way better. Might be too good lol. Possible top tier when you combine this with the de-emphasis on knockdown mixups and emphasis on the neutral.

From that he gets shimmy, meaty OH that combos into st lk, command grab, meaty st HK. Wow.
Apparently st mp canceling into lk chain was not real: https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/5ihvmk/sfv_s2_changes_that_ive_tested_so_far/db8hbzr/

Birdie is back to mid tier :(

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Guile can combo into fierce after counterhit F.HK and it looks gdlk. And f.hk is still only -2 and +6 OH

Fierce is 8 frames

Lp boom doesn't seem to be any worse

His back throw and forward throw are the same except in the corner where forward throw leaves them closer

Seems like his vtrigger gives him nearly the same amount of booms as 3 bar does now

B. HK is now + 2 on hit

Overhead is +1 but -6 on block which seems universal

St.mp is now only+ 2 but +6 on hit and Cr. mp seems to be the same

That's all I got for now

Oh and Karins mk is -2 on block now lul

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Welp, based on what I am hearing, Ibuki is getting absolute crap. She can hit a button out of her dumb ass float? Whoopty fucking-do.

I am thoroughly glad I am picking up Guile. I just hope they dont over-do it with him. I want him top 5, but not like, 1-2. Just FYI I'm not saying he will be either, Im just making a general statement.

Do we have any info on Juri and Karin? Unless Ibuki has shit we dont know about or there is some magic tech left to find, Im letting the dream die.

Edit, if they want to make Guile top 1-2, but lock in the changes so we KNOW we get a year with him, Im fine with that. Lol.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
So what's the frame data on Dhalsim's instant air dive kick? I'm watching a FT10 between Smug and Fchamp and he's doing shit after every divekick so i know it's at least safe. Is it plus?

Scott The Scot

So what's the frame data on Dhalsim's instant air dive kick? I'm watching a FT10 between Smug and Fchamp and he's doing shit after every divekick so i know it's at least safe. Is it plus?
Only if you hit them low enough. If you hit them like, above the ankles then you'll be negative or punishable.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Vegas ex roll has like no corner carry anymore

The Nash nerfs are pretty real

But lul I'm loving these small frame data changes like Rashid's hk -4 so gdlk good luck mashing Dp after your safe airborne cc now bums

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

day negative 4, and optimal combos are already being found for Akuma.

What I believe to be optimal Combos

Jump-in Combos

General Notes: LK Tatsu is for meter build and timing. In corner, Stays same side.

Jump-in combo

Jump-in Combo 1 meter

Jump-in Combo 2 Meter

Jump in Combo 2 Meter Corner Only

Jump-in Combo 3 Meter - Damage

Jump-in Combo 3 Meter - Stun - Corner Only

Jump-in Combo with V-Trigger

Jump-in Combo with V-Trigger 1 Meter - Corner Only - Worse Stun than Above

Jump-in Combo with V-Trigger 2 Meter

• I do not know of a way to use two bars in a V-Trigger combo without making it worse than the with 1 meter.
Jump-in Combo with V-Trigger 3 Meter

CC Combos

CC Combo

CC Combo 1 Meter

CC Combo 2 Meter

CC Combo 3 Meter

CC Combo with V-Trigger

CC Combo With V-Trigger 1 Meter - Corner Only - Worse Stun than Above

CC Combo with V-Trigger 2 Meter

• I do not know of a way to use two bars in a V-Trigger combo without making it worse than the with 1 meter.
CC Combo with V-Trigger 3 Meter

AA Combos - Sorry, I do not have time for damage values of gfys

AA Combo no Meter

• Back HP * LK Tatsu, H DP
    • If there is not enough space for hp DP to connect, replace it with a light dp
    • Another option for the same damage and stun as light dp is Demon Flip Into the punch variation.
AA Combo 1 Meter

• Back HP * LK Tatsu, EX DP
AA Combo 3 Meter

• Back HP * LK Tatsu, L DP * Super
AA Combo With V-Trigger

• Back HP * H Red Fireball 8 V-Trigger Cancel, dash, dash, DP
AA Combo With V-Trigger 1 Meter

• Back HP * EX Red Fireball 8 V-Trigger Cancel, dash, dash, DP
AA Combo With V-Trigger 3 Meter

• Back HP * H Red Fireball 8 V-Trigger Cancel, dash, dash, DP * Super
Throw Set-Up

• After forward throw, dash up and hit stand mp to beat 3f jabs.
Safe jump off of Sweep

CC Sweep

• Dash Forward, CR LP
CC Sweep cancelled into V-Trigger

• Dash Forward, CR HP
Non-CC sweep cancelled into V-Trigger

• Is not available on regular tech

• Back tech safe jump
    • Just wait a few frames and jump