What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Thoughts on akuma?
I think he looks super interesting and I'm excited for his combo potential, since Guiles swag has been unrightfully stolen from me. And of course, maybe he'll have some setplay which is always good to have because who doesn't like cheap stuff and stealing wins against better players than you lmao.

I don't know anything about him. I need to lab him of course.

Nice combos. Low on health, stun too. Seems to be able to combo from special to special. Would have prefered 2 bar vtrigger. Seems not broken at all.

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
he looks fucking awesome in motion, but there's something still bothering me...

...are they going to announce at least the names of the season 2 chars before the season starts (alongside akuma's release), cuz, one thing is buying a season pass, knowing who is gonna be in it, another thing is buying the season pass with brand new chars, without even knowing what the hell am i buying.... : /

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

...are they going to announce at least the names of the season 2 chars before the season starts (alongside akuma's release), cuz, one thing is buying a season pass, knowing who is gonna be in it, another thing is buying the season pass with brand new chars, without even knowing what the hell am i buying.... : /
im getting season pass. you
will need the new characters to lab

Good question. While nothing is official I think it's safe to say that they'll reveal the new characters by the time Akuma is out. If not all of them then at least a trailer for one or two of them to hype up their releases.

Assuming they don't, just remember that it is a season pass and you're still given the option to purchase the characters separately after they're out if you'd rather look before you buy.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

You can always just wait and see if the season pass is worth it. Like every season pass before it.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I'm going to buy the Season 2 season pass so that I can use the characters to earn fight money so that I can buy the rest of season 1 (I only have Guile). Then With any left over cash, plus the money earned from season 1 fighters, I'll begin saving for season 3 lol.

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
Grind that fight money
i have 106k FM left, i was grinding the easy mode survival last night, there are some chars left, but its so boring, but i'm trying to get at least 125/130k by the 20th, to get him and the battle outfit, the stage i'll probably sell one of my skins to buy the stage with real money... lul

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
To expand on that slightly, because Im bored..

Urien has a great Vtrigger. It never fails to have *some* value, on hit or block and you can use it in a huge number of ways, from just slowing down the match or getting a breather vs high pressure, to crazy ass double mirror stun combos, to just making throws combo (I dont know why but this is my favorite thing IN THE WORLD).

Urien has good normals. Possibly great normals. Crazy ass range, st.mp is +3 OB, HP +3 if you charge it. lp +2, etc. Good range and good frames. His AA normals are kinda bleh, but he kinda makes up for it in that if he gets an AA with cr.hp or the like it converts to nice damage.

Urien has a reasonable fireball. Its nice. You can charge it to screw up timings and add a second hit, you can shoot it up in the air which makes you look like a goddamn pro when you smack someone outa the air.. and like an idiot when you just fire one off at the moon or someshit and your opponent stays grounded and stares at you and is like 'Nah, I aint even gonna punish that, how stupid you look right now is punishment enough'.. 'Nah, just kidding.. SHORYUKEN'

Urien has a banana hammock. Seriously, just using his underwear outfit will help put some people off their guard. In the age of skinny jeans and de-masculanization (I made that word up) its even easier to make the already insecure hoards of internet asshats question their sexuality and choices, there-by inducing rage and confusion. Hilarious antics ensue.
I've been laughing at that last paragraph since I read it. That is just fucking beautiful man, I love it! Thanks for the crazy LULZ