What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Actually Valle said something just the other day about Juri. Something like "Even though characters like Juri obviously work harder most of the people who probably play her just suck in general and he admits he's still learning how to play her. She is bad but the average person who plays her is worse. I think Hsien Chang said something similar but less blunt like " she has the tools"

And I agree with them for the most part lul

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
When did Alex Valle say that?
I find it hard to believe anyone believes an incomplete character not designed for the S1 meta has more to give at this point in the game

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
How hard is it getting used to stick? Might get one, or just a fightpad
It has a learning curve like anything else. Really not needed nowadays but I learned stick so that if I'm ever at an event and my Hotbox dies, I can just borrow somebodies stick and it'll be no big deal. I don't think it's hard to learn if I'm honest but that's just me lol.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
How hard is it getting used to stick? Might get one, or just a fightpad

It's not terribly difficult but unless you just think it sounds fun, I'd stick to pad. The exception being you plan to play KOF or some older fighting games enough to warrant the investment, and even then a pad will get you by. SFV is definitely built with pad in mind and I can't see any benefit to stick. I play stick and actually practice with a pad occasionally in the hope that eventually I'll just make the switch to pad permanently.

SfIv and some older games will absolutely benefit from a stick.. doing the buttons 'motion' of Blanka's electricity, Decapre's rapid daggers, Chun's legs, Honda's hands, etc etc, is a lot harder on pad when you need to combo them (just doing them raw isn't bad) but stuff like Decapre comboing low forward into lp rapid daggers is a real BITCH on a pad. So is plinking. So are qcf hcb moves like you see in KOF. All of these are doable on pad, just much more difficult.

It's all up to preference though. I started playing sfiv on pad because that's what I played MKX on, but kept reading stick was way better. Got a stick and kept playing MKX on pad, but learned sfiv on stick, now to the point that the game feels really weird to me on pad.. that said though, when I play pad I feel like I react faster and have better movement and control.of my.movement. I feel so strongly enough to slowly try to transfer TO pad play. Conversely though, i feel like stick feels more.fluid and natural on offense and combos and such. Purely subjective , just my personal interpretation of it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
When did Alex Valle say that?
I find it hard to believe anyone believes an incomplete character not designed for the S1 meta has more to give at this point in the game
He was constantly saying this while using her. Hsien also plays Juri much more different than some of the other known Juri players, so he likely sees something a lot don't.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
attention footsolidiers I know platoon morale is lower than ever in these dark uncertain times for the season 2 changes for Guile and how all the bumdowns of the world think a character is broken because he gets damage for spending all his resources in a situational combo and they're nerfing him to the ground now but none of that matters I'm here to tell you there's nothing to fear.

They can nerf Guile but they can't nerf the General you get me :cool:

Scott The Scot

attention footsolidiers I know platoon morale is lower than ever in these dark uncertain times for the season 2 changes for Guile and how all the bumdowns of the world think a character is broken because he gets damage for spending all his resources in a situational combo and they're nerfing him to the ground now but none of that matters I'm here to tell you there's nothing to fear.

They can nerf Guile but they can't nerf the General you get me :cool:
Solid 9/10. Needs taunt and to let her out of dizzy only to beat some ass again.

Scott The Scot

Welp that was it. White house stream is over apparently. A FT3 with Snake Eyez and Wong and then we get booted. FGC got baited reeeeeaal hard.

The Maintenance cannot come fast enough.
GGs dude. I'm kinda super salty about how many meaties I whiffed but still. GGs. Also that ryu combo drop in that last round literally made my forehead hit my desk. My replacement stick can't come soon enough. I'm tired of this pad.

GGs dude. I'm kinda super salty about how many meaties I whiffed but still. GGs. Also that ryu combo drop in that last round literally made my forehead hit my desk. My replacement stick can't come soon enough. I'm tired of this pad.
I didnt direct that at you but yeah GGs. If it was any other character you wiffed that against, you would have had a chance. Those drops are the worst though, I thought something had to be different since I had more opportunities to do damage.