What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

"Punishable on a read" just means she can be thrown out of the animation, but that's not a weakness of Mika's. That's just a general mechanic of v-reversals. In fact, every move in the game is "punishable on a read" so it's kind of a silly and redundant thing to say.
except for the fact that no, not every move is punishable on a read and no not every move that costs resources is punishable. Her v reversal is good, but her being plus after it when it's a slower reversal that costs her most valuable resource and has a decent chance of just getting her punished seemed relevant to the conversation.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
except for the fact that no, not every move is punishable on a read and no not every move that costs resources is punishable. Her v reversal is good, but her being plus after it when it's a slower reversal that costs her most valuable resource and has a decent chance of just getting her punished seemed relevant to the conversation.
It's a normal V-reversal. The only ones faster don't cause a knockdown, What are you talking about?

On block your -2 with pushback, on hit you get a guaranteed set-up and if you use it poorly on a fast recovering move you might get punished.. by a throw

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Its supposed to be bad for Bison but I struggle against him.
I think if you used his buttons more and were more aggressive you'd have an easier time. You'd catch me with v-skill and HP but I think you get caught up in trying to counter instead of pushing an offense. Also tech dammit.

I think if you used his buttons more and were more aggressive you'd have an easier time. You'd catch me with v-skill and HP but I think you get caught up in trying to counter instead of pushing an offense. Also tech dammit.
I know, i'm just a passive player in general which is pretty stupid for a Gief user but I somehow make it work. My guessing is also poop, I guess wrong a lot so eating knees is very common for me.

It's a normal V-reversal. The only ones faster don't cause a knockdown, What are you talking about?

On block your -2 with pushback, on hit you get a guaranteed set-up and if you use it poorly on a fast recovering move you might get punished.. by a throw
Or a ca.

Mika was and will probably continue to be a good character. Her v reversal isn't why.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Is it worse to be bad, but be a good sport - or - to be decent, but act like a spoiled child every time you don't win?

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I've still heard from a decent amount of Bison players that the matchup is pretty bad.
Idk. I thinks it's 5-5 until proven wrong. It's just one of giefs not miserable matchups so ppl are surprised by it.

Joking aside, to beat gief as bison (I play both), your footsie game has to be pretty on point. Your whiff punish game even more so. Punish every st.fierce gief throws with either df.fierce or b.fierce if close enough. Clearly, never inferno on block. I rarely waste meter on headstomp. If I spend it at all, it's on the projectile. Otherwise, save for super or confirmed combo dmg in vtrigger.

Also, as always, abuse st.mk when applicable.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Games in 45m or so anyone? Wanna play some Karin and Guile.

Dunno how to play either. Also, probably gonna be playing to learn more so than win, so i might do weird shit.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I'll try to be on in a little bit. What's your gamertag, I'll add you.

EntropicByDesign is my CFN/Steam/anything.

Also, I still haven't made it on because I am an idiot. My niece wanted soup for dinner and I turned fucking soup in to a trip to three different stores and nearly a three hour ordeal for an 11yr old.. and due to the fact that I lack the sense god gave a turkey, she didn't fully appreciate corn and crab chowder served with home-made, roasted garlic, asiago, parmesan and mozzarella croutons made out of a loaf of fresh Tuscan bread from the bakery. I could have bought a 1.59c can of chicken noodle soup and shed have been happier. =/

EntropicByDesign is my CFN/Steam/anything.

Also, I still haven't made it on because I am an idiot. My niece wanted soup for dinner and I turned fucking soup in to a trip to three different stores and nearly a three hour ordeal for an 11yr old.. and due to the fact that I lack the sense god gave a turkey, she didn't fully appreciate corn and crab chowder served with home-made, roasted garlic, asiago, parmesan and mozzarella croutons made out of a loaf of fresh Tuscan bread from the bakery. I could have bought a 1.59c can of chicken noodle soup and shed have been happier. =/
OK I'll add you

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
so guise as you know this thread is really about how gdlk I am but today I thought I'd share the spotlight with someone special...

Dear myleswright. without him as a training partner I wouldn't be the guile I am today....at least in the yuri matchup lul. this one's for you buddy:

Everyone clap for Myles pls :cool://