What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I thought it was east coast only, but saw Julio and FChamp! woo! yeah forgot about the Marvel match with KBR.
didn't see alucard and arturo. might be onsite registration.

Reactions: GAV

This is hella annoying :(
Lol, to me all those rage quitters are just in it for the numbers and don't really love the game. I mean your record stays clean but in your heart you know you've lost? How can they be ok with that? Fighting games are also about losing, I don't care who you are you're going to lose, but these guys don't care about having fun, just about a record that we can all see DOESNT mean anything.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I found this sweet standing reset off of Sim's Heavy Yoga Flame. You can use VTrigger to bait out a jab from your opponent. On counterhit simply follow up with super and you can cross up with a Heavy Gale. They'll be taking white life as well so the pressure is on!

Dhalsim is so much fun in V. Probably the most fun out of anyone on the roster currently.

NON FLASHY MORE PRACTICAL VERSION:

post knockdown simply follow up with a fireball/ex fireball and attempt a teleport-in combo. Less meter heavy but not a gauranteed kill (chip) unless you attempt a super cancel
My only problem with that is it only works if they are mashing something like jab when there is so much time from MK freeze frame activation. And I wish people would test things when making a videos. Right now that video shows what happen if you sit still and just take a mixup. And from the looks on how heavy gale hit I'm guessing that works because the opponent would be respecting the option of a normal instead? But even then Ken could quick rise, back rise, DP on wakeup, maybe backdash makes everything drop. Who knows?

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Well to be fair in MKX your character basically does all the fighting for you and you can get away with flowchart auto pilot play way more. Even long time NRS players and first time SF players can recognize already how in SFV its up to the player to make their character work, not the other way around like in MKX
even in Igau it was not all buff this/ nerf that. There was a lot of tech and strat talk. Don't get me wrong a little bit of it is ok and I feel it can help evaluate a characters strengths and weaknesses but when that's literally ALL you see out of a forum that's when it gets kinda lame. Even if the characters are flowchart easy

Play Laura. Sonic Fox has been destroying people with her, and she's very straightforward. Great frame traps, amazing almost-unblockable oki setups, hits like a truck, and just a lot of fun to play.
im not as good as sonic fox. I also wasn't crazy about her pokes when I tried her but I'll look again. I also like some mobility options in acharacter

Samsara

Resident Cynic
My only problem with that is it only works if they are mashing something like jab when there is so much time from MK freeze frame activation. And I wish people would test things when making a videos. Right now that video shows what happen if you sit still and just take a mixup. And from the looks on how heavy gale hit I'm guessing that works because the opponent would be respecting the option of a normal instead? But even then Ken could quick rise, back rise, DP on wakeup, maybe backdash makes everything drop. Who knows?
If the opponent attempts to block Super they get hit by both Super and Gale. If Sim teleports in before Super actually hits the opponent, the opponent can block Gale. This is a mixup in and of itself, since Sim can chose when he wants to teleport in.

Heavy Gale works because if they block (provided that they survive the chip) it Sim is plus. If Ken backrises it would have to be on a read, because Sim can change the angle of the Super (light, edium, heavy). If Ken wakes up with a DP he's gonna get hit with Super. If Ken blocks V-Trigger Sim is Safe.

Keep in mind Sim can just chose to lob a meaty fireball instead of a Super and he still gets pressure on wakeup (if Ken Dp's he gets hit by the arching fireball). If Sim went for a normal upon teleport (aerial Heavy punch) he can finish into Medium Gale and he's still safe.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Play Laura. Sonic Fox has been destroying people with her, and she's very straightforward. Great frame traps, amazing almost-unblockable oki setups, hits like a truck, and just a lot of fun to play.
What exactly is her oki meta? How does she set it up? What am I afraid of? (I know she can strike or command throw but don't know everything that's got everyone saying how good it is.)

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
What exactly is her oki meta? How does she set it up? What am I afraid of? (I know she can strike or command throw but don't know everything that's got everyone saying how good it is.)
After any knockdown she has options, crush counters, command grabs, normals into more pressure, etc... Her oki is good but Idk what he meant with "almost-unblockable oki set-up" she doesn't have that (the closest thing is an EX fireball set-up, but it's kind of a gimmick that good players who know the MU won't hold at all. People are letting her go away with murder so much right now.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I'll see if I can find some videos. She's got some stuff with her charged fireballs that allow her to do a cross-up kick at the same time the fireball hits. I think they can be tech-rolled, but if the opponent doesn't tech roll then it can be rough to deal with.